Anyone care about leaderboards? Stat grinding?

TheDynastyYT
37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Just wondering how many people actually care about their stats and stuff on the leaderboards. Personally I've always liked looking at the leaderboards and stuff to see where I'm ranked.

Also, for those of you interested there's a club on Xbox called "The Known Players of Battlefield 5" and if you in fact do care about your K/D you can easily find other members there with pretty good stats.

Comments

• Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Are you that guy that does pose-downs in the gym while staring in the mirror?
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »

Honestly, I feel like leaderboards put players at too high of a basis. Especially when things like spotting or repairing/building gives so few points. It's like they lose their fun in hopes of getting better. Maybe getting to be the best is how they have their fun. Idk. I can't imagine that sort of playstyle being fun for me. I'm playing a video game to play a video game. It's a game after all. There's no need to sit there and want to completely dominate the opponents.
  • TheDynastyYT
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »

Honestly, I feel like leaderboards put players at too high of a basis. Especially when things like spotting or repairing/building gives so few points. It's like they lose their fun in hopes of getting better. Maybe getting to be the best is how they have their fun. Idk. I can't imagine that sort of playstyle being fun for me. I'm playing a video game to play a video game. It's a game after all. There's no need to sit there and want to completely dominate the opponents.

Some people find it fun to just play with friends and have a good time. I certainly do as well. But there are also people who like playing games to simply be good at it and constantly be winning. I see both point of views but leaderboards definitely make people stroke their own ego so you have a good point.