Heh.... When will this community be happy?

Comments

• ackers75
    2267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    warslag wrote: »
    As you say: if people "cannot expect to enjoy every game" or "games are not designed to please everyone", then there will be unhappy players. Plus, the potential is there for any number of players to be unhappy or happy, by turns.

Really we are just little birds pecking away at big EA. But there are some who, like sleek ravens up in the trees, then swooping down on us little birds to peck our eyes out, wish us to not see that we are right to complain.

Good way to put it.
    Hm, idk man, but respectfully, if they listen to you they may as well pack up shop lol.

And when did I ever insist DICE should listen to me?
    I never have
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Maybe just maybe the community is getting a little tired of the bugs.

Well then this community would be tired of every single game at launch because they all have them. Even your favorite, most revered BF titles or games in general.

It’s not launch though is it!
    You can still pick this game up and within minutes throw a med crate down or ammo crate and it’s gone.
    How do you not see this in testing and more worrying is why is it still broke
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As you say: if people "cannot expect to enjoy every game" or "games are not designed to please everyone", then there will be unhappy players. Plus, the potential is there for any number of players to be unhappy or happy, by turns.

Really we are just little birds pecking away at big EA. But there are some who, like sleek ravens up in the trees, then swooping down on us little birds to peck our eyes out, wish us to not see that we are right to complain.

Good way to put it.
    Hm, idk man, but respectfully, if they listen to you they may as well pack up shop lol.

And when did I ever insist DICE should listen to me?
    I never have
    Maybe just maybe the community is getting a little tired of the bugs.

Well then this community would be tired of every single game at launch because they all have them. Even your favorite, most revered BF titles or games in general.

It’s not launch though is it!
    You can still pick this game up and within minutes throw a med crate down or ammo crate and it’s gone.
    How do you not see this in testing and more worrying is why is it still broke

Uh, yes. The game has been out publicly for two months in two days. Less than two months to date. One month of which was the holiday season when several devs took vacation. This is very much so the "launch" period of BF5.

BF4 had universal issues that took up to 4-5 months to alleviate. Issues like not being able to play Dawnbreaker at all because it's loading screen would freeze the game, or Siege of Shanghai crashing servers when the tower fell.
  • BiscuitFrenzy
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Like it or not, bugs are an issue.
    I don't really get people who put any effort into asking for gameplay mechanics to be changed, who want the game to be a different game, who want this or that aspect to work like it does in some other franchise. What I want is for things to work the way they were designed to work in this game, and for them to be tested properly.
    Its all very well for Fred-In-a-Shed developers like Warhorse with 15 employees to plead inadequate resources to properly test games like Kingdom Come Deliverance because they are RPGs with countless combined progress and decision trees but this just a shooter, made by DICE and financially backed by EA as a triple-A title, and as such the quality control is frankly not good enough.

It isn't broken, its a good game overall.
  • ORICAL357
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love the game .... Still think tanks are weak :(....but still love dieing in them ....lol...but the game as a whole great....tides of war .... sweet idea..... little buggy at first ....but w/e ....still gonna play when I can.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ORICAL357 wrote: »
    I love the game .... Still think tanks are weak :(....but still love dieing in them ....lol...but the game as a whole great....tides of war .... sweet idea..... little buggy at first ....but w/e ....still gonna play when I can.

Would ya look at that, a positive comment! I feel the same, the game is improving!
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is a toxic forum filled almost exclusively with negativity. Theres very little positive discussion pertaining to the game. Theres really only 4 or 5 different topics repeated over and over again. Theres exceptions of course but that's mainly what this forum is all about.

I don't wanna be the bearer of bad news.... but this is a feedback forum... Just saying.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is a toxic forum filled almost exclusively with negativity. Theres very little positive discussion pertaining to the game. Theres really only 4 or 5 different topics repeated over and over again. Theres exceptions of course but that's mainly what this forum is all about.

I don't wanna be the bearer of bad news.... but this is a feedback forum... Just saying.

Technically, this is a general discussion forum.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »

The best part is there's a bugs and issues section of the forum, but people still choose to primarily leave thier feedback in gen. discussion.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The best part is there's a bugs and issues section of the forum, but people still choose to primarily leave thier feedback in gen. discussion.

“Feedback”
  • Trokey66
    8157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

There is also a big difference between whistling and blowing your teeth out.

Just saying too.....
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

“Feedback”

Scare quotes accurately applied; a rarity.
  • trip1ex
    4637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    trip1ex wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    How can the community be happy when the players like the OP are sensitive enough to mention that this latest patch feels more like the beta? It's still the gall darn same game lol.

Sensitive about mentioning the beta?? LMFAO.... I loved the beta, the game all around received a buff in reduced recoil. Not just SMGs. ARs and SAs seemed to have less recoil. Alot of non SAs have a tighter spread as well as more range.. the beta was near perfect for bfv's setting.

Just proving my point. 1 notch change in recoil on some weapon at some range and someone doesn't know what to do with themselves. Yet the OP asks the question when will the community ever be happy? lol.

You are completely blind as to why I made this thread lmfao. It's more of a hysterical laugh at the indecisive community in what they want but they don't want it that way, they want it the other way, or that's too much, that's too loud or too big ... It's just too comical because dice is trying to please a 7 headed Hydra that keeps spawning two heads per thing they do that the community asks for.

Einstein , I'm laughing because you're an example of what you're joking/complaining about with that line about the new patch more closely reminding you of the beta.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Loqtrall

It seems you forget some point about the " polite " gamers of the past. Not only were we/them kids and very fascinated by something that was new. But more important: we mostly didnt paid for them!
    Lets be honest we illegally copied the hell out of these games. One of the countless your friend gave you/copied was garbage ? Didnt mattered you just " lost " one formated Disk.

Today the majority isnt doing this any longer, it doesnt make any sense. Most games are account based and so cheap that its easier to buy for small price from a legit source instead going through some shady places to download 70Gb
    God knows what.
    And with higher Marketing prices, AAA titles need to sell a lot to get their revenue. So its natural that they appeal to as many people as possible. While smaller developers concentrate on a limited amount of people and with new
    phenomena like Kickstarter they into very directly contanct with the consumers. " Iron Harvest " is right at the moment a perfect example for that.
    So while these big Publishers want my hard earned money, they still fail to at least release their product in a state which you can call at least normal working. Even more when its a series were normal would employees learn from former mistakes!

And promises not being broken right after the game is released! People give credit towards companies they trust because they either communicated everything and/or stood to their word.
    A good example for this would be CD Project. A Game like The Witcher 3 had they typical technical teething but that was directly and fast addressed and the following content was vast and wasnt looking like being deliberately cut from the main game. And therefore people trust them with the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077.
    And these people you mention who love to buy broken games just to run to the Internet and yell about: are these really common gamers/costumers ? Or same the typical Twitch/ Youtubers who just want Klicks ?

You see in BF V a raw diamond which just needs to be shaped to get into perfection. I see fool's gold, shiny enough at the first look to get your mind spinning but the longer you look at it, the clearer the fraud gets.
  • Pelliy
    2204 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am not asking for much. Improve visibility and make the game stable. The performance is terrible. Then I'll be happy.
  • warslag
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 18

“Feedback”

You two have got well over 20,000 posts between you and it's not as though they're made up of quality feedback. You spend most of your time scoffing at other peoples' posts and starting arguments. That's not feedback, is it?
  • raexusa
    29 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They won't ever be happy. I just posted the same sentiment in the stickied update discussion thread. This community is literally divided when it comes to every conceivable facet of the game.

We have dozens upon dozens of people incessantly making requests for changes, and when some of those changes are implemented we then get dozens and dozens of people saying the changes are bad or that THEY never asked for such changes.

At this point I'm honestly surprised DICE hasn't stopped this nonsensical "change the game based on what the community is crying about" way of going about things. They can't implement a single requested change without there being some extent of backlash.
    TOTALLY agree man..... They changing ttk or ttd or buff or nerf because kids crying.... stop to do that.... I used to love this game at first couple days but now, it is a s**t with a lot of bugs!!! Is very impossible to kill someone because with my lewis gun, I gotta shot minimum 50 bullets, to upper body before that guy die. This is totally insane, TTD and TTK has changed too and if BF V is a war simulation this is no make sense. If someone shot you in the back or upper body you die, that's it!!! No chance that you can turn on yourself or jump or strife and kill your killer.
    Comparing BFI with BFV I can tell that BFI is totally better than this!!!
    One more think:
    What's the difference btw Premium and Standard game??? I paid $87.00 what for? No advantage in server queue, no package or gift, no at all!!!
    I gave it my money away for nothing!!!
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Well, i think what's happening, in sincerely listening to what you've been saying in a nutshell, is that you're not happy folks are giving a negative reaction about the game. And so we're shaking our fists at the whole community (b/c this is also now going on now at reddit), and not seeing the big picture as to what's really going on.

And what's going in, is what i've been saying is going on, and DICE seems to know it, as they alluded too...here...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-dev-says-its-been-a-challenge-for-year/1100-6463968/

That was a result of the ttk fiasco. And if you look at most of the complaints, it's just not about "bugs".

As you said earlier, and were correct, there's bugs on every launch, and that's understandable. But the mass complaints are about campers, this class wants a buff, the other a nerf, they hate killcam, the sniper problem, it goes on. On what it ALL has to do with, and what that article was a response too, was TTK !!!!!!!!

It's just an infuriating game to play, and it's killing the counts. People are trying it, and not buying it. People are buying it, and not playing it. It divided this community in a way i've never seen, if only with BF1 ttk 2.0, and it's dividing it now.

If they wanted Hardcore play, they should've created...wait for it...HARDCORE mode lol.

But the You Tubers don't want to stream what they like to play, being many will not watch them playing a mode most nobody likes. And so they try and mold that game play, to Vanilla, as well as their followers, and it's turning folks off. Not just for newcomers, but Vets alike. And DICE just has to follow their lead, being they're their "advertisers" so to speak.

So, DICE knows the elephant the room, and they have to fix it. They said in the article it's going to be awhile, but they better step on it.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

“Feedback”

You two have got well over 20,000 posts between you and it's not as though they're made up of quality feedback. You spend most of your time scoffing at other peoples' posts and starting arguments. That's not feedback, is it?

I’m not interested in how many posts that you have, but 99% are conspiracy theories.
  • warslag
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

“Feedback”

I’m not interested in how many posts that you have, but 99% are conspiracy theories.

See, again you're trying to start an argument. I was making what I believe was an accurate observation and counterpoint to your facetious one word comment about feedback.

You can't really say peoples' complaints aren't feedback when you've got one of the largest histories of non-feedback posts on the forums.

I honestly don't know how you get away with it. Saying "I’m not interested in how many posts that you have, but 99% are conspiracy theories" is pure trolling.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Well, i think what's happening, in sincerely listening to what you've been saying in a nutshell, is that you're not happy folks are giving a negative reaction about the game. And so we're shaking our fists at the whole community (b/c this is also now going on now at reddit), and not seeing the big picture as to what's really going on.

And what's going in, is what i've been saying is going on, and DICE seems to know it, as they alluded too...here...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-dev-says-its-been-a-challenge-for-year/1100-6463968/

That was a result of the ttk fiasco. And if you look at most of the complaints, it's just not about "bugs".

As you said earlier, and were correct, there's bugs on every launch, and that's understandable. But the mass complaints are about campers, this class wants a buff, the other a nerf, they hate killcam, the sniper problem, it goes on. On what it ALL has to do with, and what that article was a response too, was TTK !!!!!!!!

It's just an infuriating game to play, and it's killing the counts. People are trying it, and not buying it. People are buying it, and not playing it. It divided this community in a way i've never seen, if only with BF1 ttk 2.0, and it's dividing it now.

If they wanted Hardcore play, they should've created...wait for it...HARDCORE mode lol.

But the You Tubers don't want to stream what they like to play, being many will not watch them playing a mode most nobody likes. And so they try and mold that game play, to Vanilla, as well as their followers, and it's turning folks off. Not just for newcomers, but Vets alike. And DICE just has to follow their lead, being they're their "advertisers" so to speak.

So, DICE knows the elephant the room, and they have to fix it. They said in the article it's going to be awhile, but they better step on it.

In my opinion a good game attracts new players on its own. Yes every company wants new and more consumers but at a certain point you have to face your limits.
    I for instance hate MOBA Games . And racing games are also something i am not fond of. And that is totally okay. The developer of a racing game who wants to get me playing his game will certainly fail. While maybe alienating his core audience.
    Battlefield is a shooter and that isnt a Niche in Video gaming and therefore the potential audience is bigger. But that big audience wont come running when it hears the various critique of " Veterans " or the opinion maker in their social groups. And i am not talking about some stupid Youtubers.
    Make a good game that is technical working and the player numbers will come on its own.
    And in general dont blame me, the normal costumers when your plan with Youtubers and Twitch players backfired.