Squad Conquest must stay in the game!!

xTheIceWolfx
22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
The best game mode in the game (with domination). I think that the best teamplayers are in that gamemode. The biggest different with domination is the adding of 1 vehicle per team. This make the gamemode fresh, after 8 games domination i'm a little bored but yesterday a played squad conquest for 6 hours. Last time a played so long was with battlefield 3 squad rush.

Only downside is when you stuck up with clueless squadmembers, only solution is quitting and start a new game.

I'm hoping this gamemode stays longer then only this month. What do you guys think, must the gamemode stay in the game?

Comments

• oX_-oBIGBOSS-FoX
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It can stay but no one will play it when Firestorm comes out.
  • Balzano
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, let it stay. But stop forcing new gamemodes down our throat with daily orders. It's a pain to play through when you dont like it. It also takes away the general feeling towards a game i liked from the start. Now i'm kinda biased.
  • JediMastaWyn
    457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It feels more Battlefield than domination which could be deleted imo.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    677 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Definitely a keeper, but I don't think it will reach it's full potential until we get a RSP and platoons can make the most of it.
  • johnkapa1
    128 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It should stay but i think it should be 16 vs 16 and you should be able to communicate with the other squad leaders to capture different points at the same time.
  • NLBartmaN
    2835 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    9 out of 10 games are unbalanced games with more than 100 points difference ... and they use maps that are not designed for the mode which gives lots of spawntraps.

Half of the server goes empty after a unbalanced round or when Rotterdam is next.

So I would not mind if they removed it, I won't be playing it again now I finished the ToW assignment and got the new weapon.

I prefer Domination over Squad Conquest, so we can stop the ticket bleed by having 2 objectives, better for comebacks and lets players PTFO more.
  • trip1ex
    4506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm waiting for the 12v12 mode with 1 plane per side. Or the 4v4 mode with 1 jeep a side.

What about 10v10 with 4 V1 rockets per side. Or let's mix and match 12v12 with 1 plane on 1 side and 1 tank on the other.

I mean if they are going to put out these shallow modes then they should be pumping them out once per week minimum.

• Klavionik
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've played this with 2 my mates yesterday for 3 hours and we all have found it very satisfying. Smaller scale gameplay makes for more tactical possibilities and proactive playing, less camping. Typical 32x32 is just a mess, as with 16x16 too (just lesser mess). I would make it 12x12 with more maps and make it stay definitely.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im enjoying the game mode but wish they made moer than 3 maps. Gets old real quick with the same 3 maps.

How did no one think to put twisted steel and the bridge in this mode.

Or the hanger wreck area in aerodrome. So many good possibilities with this mode.
  • xTheIceWolfx
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Klavionik wrote: »
    I've played this with 2 my mates yesterday for 3 hours and we all have found it very satisfying. Smaller scale gameplay makes for more tactical possibilities and proactive playing, less camping. Typical 32x32 is just a mess, as with 16x16 too (just lesser mess). I would make it 12x12 with more maps and make it stay definitely.

Just played for another four hours. First two rounds alot of clueless people, but after quitting and starting a new game, i found a good squad. Then the fun begins.

12x12 is a nice idea, but with 3 flags there is a change that 3 good squads hold all flags and the round is over in 2 minutes.
  • xTheIceWolfx
    Im enjoying the game mode but wish they made moer than 3 maps. Gets old real quick with the same 3 maps.

How did no one think to put twisted steel and the bridge in this mode.

Or the hanger wreck area in aerodrome. So many good possibilities with this mode.

3 maps is not much, but i must say, the three maps are awesome. FInally no fjell 123. Squad conquest on Aerodrome is a good idea. Devastion with 3 flags in the ruins is possible.
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 19
    I think the player count could be increased(max 16v16) and more maps should be added.

My biggest complaint is that squad call ins need work. You only have the V1/JB2 and the supply canister. The canister is great, but the V1 doesn't make much sense. I found it was hard to get 40k points to call one in, and if you did get enough the match was just about to end. Also, you don't have many targets. Assuming squad members stick together, but each squad is in a different spot, there is a 50/50 shot it was called on your squad, making the decision to move pretty easy. It just seems to high cost and reward for this game mode.
  • timay65
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Too many bunny hopping clowns for my taste.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 19
    I enjoy SC too - only ruined by a couple of blatant cheaters last night. I think 8v8 is the right amount of players for the size of the maps, I find it action packed enough. I actually quite enjoy Hamada in this mode too, which is a first! Hopefully DICE will keep this mode in the game
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The best game mode in the game (with domination). I think that the best teamplayers are in that gamemode. The biggest different with domination is the adding of 1 vehicle per team. This make the gamemode fresh, after 8 games domination i'm a little bored but yesterday a played squad conquest for 6 hours. Last time a played so long was with battlefield 3 squad rush.

Only downside is when you stuck up with clueless squadmembers, only solution is quitting and start a new game.

I'm hoping this gamemode stays longer then only this month. What do you guys think, must the gamemode stay in the game?

I know! I love domination, I've always loved the idea of adding tanks!
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    timay65 wrote: »
    Too many bunny hopping clowns for my taste.

What is this bunny hopping you speak of? Please show us a video of at least one player doing this just once
  • VincentNZ
    2213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am sure it stays. Maybe they will even do some events around it or introduce a ladder system to please the competitive crowd. As far as that is concerned it definitely is the most competitive mode of the game. It is tactical, fast, needs coordination, communication and teamplay, while also rewarding personal skillsets besides aiming. However there are issues with it.
    Yesterday we played in a group of four and won probably 20 rounds while losing one, and I can not recall what happened there. For general pubs this can turn into a frustrating experience, although apart from us I rarely saw more than two people with the same tag. I would increase the player count to 12vs12. I think the maps are big enough to support it and it would allow to attack two flags at once. This would also resolve the issue of tanks having no gunner and increase their survivability.
    For further maps I would also look at increasing the vehicle's role slightly or to allow only certain types. I've seen too many MAAs in that mode. V1 obviously has to go and be replaced with other squad rewards. Pakwagen for example, a halftrack and the smoke barrage that is meant to come soon.
  • smokintom214
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I am sure it stays. Maybe they will even do some events around it or introduce a ladder system to please the competitive crowd. As far as that is concerned it definitely is the most competitive mode of the game. It is tactical, fast, needs coordination, communication and teamplay, while also rewarding personal skillsets besides aiming. However there are issues with it.
    Yesterday we played in a group of four and won probably 20 rounds while losing one, and I can not recall what happened there. For general pubs this can turn into a frustrating experience, although apart from us I rarely saw more than two people with the same tag. I would increase the player count to 12vs12. I think the maps are big enough to support it and it would allow to attack two flags at once. This would also resolve the issue of tanks having no gunner and increase their survivability.
    For further maps I would also look at increasing the vehicle's role slightly or to allow only certain types. I've seen too many MAAs in that mode. V1 obviously has to go and be replaced with other squad rewards. Pakwagen for example, a halftrack and the smoke barrage that is meant to come soon.

It's a timed event. Till the end of the month after next week's ToW.. if it's still highly played after everyone got TOW finished dinner may consider keeping it, I hope they do, and aswell as rush