Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update & Update Notes

Comments

• epa720
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    • The name of the enemy that has killed a player is now shown in the game world when the player has died. This highlights the killer and helps players understand who killed them and from where, especially in crowded situations.
    • The death experience has improved with the addition of a camera that now follows and zooms towards the killer. This will allow players to understand what killed them and the position of the killer.

This update ruins the game for snipers (and other classes too). When I play as a sniper (all the time) I just want to find a good safe spot and snipe enemies from there. But this is not possible anymore. Now if I kill one enemy, I can be sure that after respawn he will just go and kill me because he knows exactly where I am (killcam). Why would anyone think killcam is a good idea in a game like this?? Please remove killcam.

Can I request refund because update ruined the game?
  • ChiefSniper
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not usually one for posting on these forums - obvious seeing this is my first post - but just felt compelled to give feedback following this update. I've always been one to be very patient with new releases whilst the devs iron out the issues, but with BFV, I've just had enough of it. These are the issues which I have picked up on.

- Domination/TDM random spawn STILL broken, and incredibly infuriating. "The Spawn Point you've selected is no longer available" constantly... I had it for a solid 5 minutes on my last game yesterday as couldn't spawn, and haven't played since. (I was alone in a squad with players waiting to join).
    - Kill Cam is ok, but the Bleed Out countdown should start as SOON as you die. Also, if you are aimed down a Scope and you get killed, the entire Kill Cam/Bleed Out phase remains ZOOMED IN.
    - Personalisation models, for both Guns and Soldiers, are now totally invisible whilst in-server.
    - 8 vs 8 on Frontlines Small.
    - Domination round length is too short.
    - Balancing is non-existent.
    - Hackers are rife.
    - We need RSP. My community would be enternally grateful.

We appreciate all the work that the team is putting into the game to get it working as intended, we really do, but jeez, it's like nothing gets tested.
  • ChiefSniper
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not usually one for posting on these forums - obvious seeing this is my first post - but just felt compelled to give feedback following this update. I've always been one to be very patient with new releases whilst the devs iron out the issues, but with BFV, I've just had enough of it. These are the issues which I have picked up on.

- Domination/TDM random spawn STILL broken, and incredibly infuriating. "The Spawn Point you've selected is no longer available" constantly... I had it for a solid 5 minutes on my last game yesterday as couldn't spawn, and haven't played since. (I was alone in a squad with players waiting to join).
    - Kill Cam is ok, but the Bleed Out countdown should start as SOON as you die. Also, if you are aimed down a Scope and you get killed, the entire Kill Cam/Bleed Out phase remains ZOOMED IN.
    - Personalisation models, for both Guns and Soldiers, are now totally invisible whilst in-server.
    - 8 vs 8 on Frontlines Small.
    - Domination round length is too short.
    - Balancing is non-existent.
    - Hackers are rife.
    - We need RSP. My community would be enternally grateful.

We appreciate all the work that the team is putting into the game to get it working as intended, we really do, but jeez, it's like nothing gets tested.
  • xDeadshot68x
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    Hallo, die Soundänderungen bitte wieder Rückgängig machen. Es ist eine einzige Katastrophe sich zu konzentrieren (viel zu Laut, hört nur noch Schritte). Zudem kann man nicht unterscheiden ob Freund oder Feind. Die ganzen Farbänderungen / Transparenz / Icons machen alles nur unlesbar. Die Killcam ist völlig daneben, braucht kein Mensch. Behebt lieber mal Sachen an denen man hängen bleibt oder stecken bleibt, besser durch Türen oder Fenster kommt. Ladezeit, ist unterirdisch. Es gibt so viele Baustellen... aber nein, es werden unsinnige Sachen hinzugefügt. Ach ja, bitte noch mehr Knarren zum hinlegen, es gibt noch nicht genug. Eigentlich ist BFV ein schönes Spiel, aber was daraus gemacht wird, um es den ich treff nix, ich seh nix, recht zu machen ist ein Witz. Wer es nicht schafft so zu spielen wie es ist, soll es deinstallieren!!!!!
  • fly78
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hornydiver wrote: »
    You srsly ruined this game for me, remove this stupid **** Killcam.. I don´t wanna see zoomed enemy player, i don´t care about their location never have and never will. Let the community run these servers and ppl can play this game like they want.
    For me i just wanna see HARDCORE like it was in bf3/4, no killcam, no 3rd person vehicle mode, no radar, no health regen, faster kills/death.
    But no, feels like this gameserie is going to be PEGI-7 with all the "lets make it easier for new players" and forget those who have played since BF 1942.

So **** off for a while, maybe coming back when theres a new map. In 2 years?

Think you hit the nail on the head mate.
    Lots of people will stop playing soon and it's a shame
  • fly78
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    BUG REPORT: Don't ask me to use the bug report feature as I have entered this one 4 times already and each time it will not proceed beyond 'preview' despite me having checked every box and filled in every part of the form.

PS4 Europe, 15.01.18 17:00

Grand Ops on Narvik

Started Day 1 as Germans. Finished round. Loading screen for Day 2 had text at bottom right of screen saying "Game Full 1 in Queue". Day 2 loaded and I was on the British side on a different Narvik operation with different players and in a different squad. I had lost ALL score and kills from the previous Day in the operation.

Can I repeat it? No idea but I saw someone else post in the forum that this had happened to them.

Naturally the match should continue with the same teams, score, kills etc.

All sorts of bugs going on still, my friend is in the game and I'm stuck in loading screen
  • Voidpyre
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    Hallo, die Soundänderungen bitte wieder Rückgängig machen. Es ist eine einzige Katastrophe sich zu konzentrieren (viel zu Laut, hört nur noch Schritte). Zudem kann man nicht unterscheiden ob Freund oder Feind. Die ganzen Farbänderungen / Transparenz / Icons machen alles nur unlesbar. Die Killcam ist völlig daneben, braucht kein Mensch. Behebt lieber mal Sachen an denen man hängen bleibt oder stecken bleibt, besser durch Türen oder Fenster kommt. Ladezeit, ist unterirdisch. Es gibt so viele Baustellen... aber nein, es werden unsinnige Sachen hinzugefügt. Ach ja, bitte noch mehr Knarren zum hinlegen, es gibt noch nicht genug. Eigentlich ist BFV ein schönes Spiel, aber was daraus gemacht wird, um es den ich treff nix, ich seh nix, recht zu machen ist ein Witz. Wer es nicht schafft so zu spielen wie es ist, soll es deinstallieren!!!!!

Dann bitte deinstallieren, da du es nicht "schaffst" zu spielen wie es gerade ist.

Was für ein blödsinniges Argument.

PS: Du bist im englischen Forum
    Post edited by Voidpyre on
  • DrOconnor
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hornydiver wrote: »
    You srsly ruined this game for me, remove this stupid **** Killcam.. I don´t wanna see zoomed enemy player, i don´t care about their location never have and never will. Let the community run these servers and ppl can play this game like they want.
    For me i just wanna see HARDCORE like it was in bf3/4, no killcam, no 3rd person vehicle mode, no radar, no health regen, faster kills/death.
    But no, feels like this gameserie is going to be PEGI-7 with all the "lets make it easier for new players" and forget those who have played since BF 1942.

So **** off for a while, maybe coming back when theres a new map. In 2 years?

Uh the kill cam existed in all BF games just not in hardcore MODE. BF5 has no HC mode - so your **** out of luck for the time being.
  • MattLeBoJeu
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This new killcam is garbage i think btw, marker for damage taken is idiot plz bring them back.
  • maximumswat
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why did you bring back the kill cam? Why would I want someone to know where I killed them from so they can come back the next life and kill me? So how am I supposed to get 10 headshots in one life while in the objective areas? These patches and updates do nothing but make the game worse and worse. Bandaids for small problems and you make bigger problems. I still don't have all my CC earned, thought it was going to be retroactive? EA and DICE you owe me thousands of CC. I can't even buy an upgrade for a weapon.
  • Jayremie570
    1605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    spateri1 wrote: »
    Where are the rented servers? We like to scrim sometimes...just saying.

Not rented, just custom games with the same settings and controls. I'd be a bad look to rent servers now a days while other games do it for free.

Look at overwatch. Years old with a robust custom games community.
  • mesias83
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    Holy **** you guys at DICE...What the hell are you thinking? That kill cam is garbage, I don't want to wait and see the butt of my killer assassinating all my squad, I want to be revived fast or at least start the respawn as soon as possible. Please, you are ruinning the game flow as ****!! Revert this sheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiit!!! And please, don't touch the **** gameplay, just fix the **** bugs, I'm tired to see those blurry coloured human figures in red on the screen for example.
  • lefipe-guerra
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Is frontlines servers off? I'm on ps4 and there is only one server, always empty
  • Scrounger1
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    5Roxx7 wrote: »
    So I have been playing this game every night since it came out. Really liked it but then some brain dead whiners want the kill cam back and boooom the game is now worse than the beta was. They so OP’d the medic that almost 50 percent of the players in a game now are medics. I think I’m playing General Hospital now not freaking Battlefield.

Stop listening to the clowns who want things like a Kill Cam. It sucks. Stop this BS because there was absolutely nothing wrong with this game except it needed a few maps. Well I’m pretty much done with this game unless they put it back to what it was.

I agree, DICE? Do you all play these games? Enjoyed this game until the patch. I understand that you will not give us what we want, you give us what you want us to have!! Terrible
  • LoZz27
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    Hi Dice, i hope you read these posts.
    some feedback from the patch, i dont know if all of these have been reported or if some of these are more perception.

1. footstep is overwhelming - volume increase is good but one person sounds like 20 and its hard to pin point them, i can tell left or right but the sound direction is way off it seems.

2. still randomly moving when going prone (usually forward)

3, still getting stuck when vaulting debris, sandbags, snow drifts (snow drifts seem to be the worst)

4. frontlines 8v8? not sure if this is fixed or not but it needs to go back to 32 players.

5. personally, i dont know if i am imaging it but some of the guns seem to have been nerfed? the STG44 and mp40 are my main guns, yet they seem to take noticeable longer to kill people, like the ttk changes have come back . this is very odd in the mp40's case as they are meant to have been buffed? my ping is low, there pings all seem low, mine is typically below 30

6. hacking is happening alot more

7. panzerfaust is too weak - i shot a tiger in the rear 3 times, didnt kill it, acording to the score i did 70+25+20 damage :/

8. hit reg /detection is getting worse, like i said im getting a 15-30 ping and i'm doing 50--70-90 damage, yet on kill calm there health bar has them on 50% health - 75% health - clearly the shots didn't register, there pings are normally below 60-70 so within normal healthy ranges. earlier today i shot someone, got a hit indicator and sound, but didnt get any points/damage awarded, they guy was killed a second or two later, i didnt get the assist.

9. following on from point 8. the amount of times i am getting one shot killed. ttd/ttk bug or super bullet bug seems to be getting worse. happens far more frequently but not so much within the last 24/48 hours so i dont know if a server side patch has been introduced but point 8 has not been improved if a patch has happened.

10. invisible walls, bullets being stopped when shooting from cover/prone has always been bad in this game and battlefield in general. be nice if this could be looked at?

11. hit indicator sometimes seems to be way off, ive been shot in the front and it tells me its someone from behind, turn around, no one there.

however on a positive i dont get random freeze then crashes like i used to
  • Lelketlen_Califa
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Already at the beginning you decide who wins! very bad match making !!!! unthinkable suffering
    therefore people immediately quit as the game starts.
    True to have unfair game no one enjoys.
    match making should be tied to the kill rate.
    so the cheaters with the scammers, the good players with them are one level, and the beginners will not go to the beginning.
  • Nevoto
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That's it. 120h on this game and this patch finally ruined it for me. Not playing until this idiotic footstep and killcam is dealt with. Also, the game feels a lot less smoother after patch, feels like the performance dropped 20%.
  • Jayremie570
    1605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is frontlines servers off? I'm on ps4 and there is only one server, always empty

Its glitched right now at 8 vs.8 so prolly not many playing
  • lefipe-guerra
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Its glitched right now at 8 vs.8 so prolly not many playing

I know the glitch, but I meant that there is no server on the list, not that the servers are empty. all other modes are normal, only front lines that do not return any results in the search.

The daily assignament was play front lines, maybe now we are going to get some impossible assignaments too :D
  • Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well on PS4 I crash / endless load after every single game, then I have to join a queue to get back with my squad - and I end up waiting around all night. Had to quit last night, too frustrating. Hope it stops.