Are Medics OP?

EvoCyberNation
95 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 2019
I would have never said this while doing a large 35/35 group, but right now I must say they're OP. Their guns, in close quarters are two to three shotting people. Litearlly... two to three shots and dead. I think, far distance, they aren't anything special because of their guns. I've had some questionable players playing the medic classes. So I'm not going to say EVERY medic is OP. I've faced several today, and they're just unstoppabled to a good degree. Smoke smoke smoke, heal, smoke, heal, shoot through smoke, killing constantly, heal, smoke, smoke... I mean, the whole match is nothing but smoke, rushing, and close to insta rezing. From what i heard, BF4? Medics can insta rez players? If so, that's just WAY too OP.

Any way you look at it, please leave your feelings and opinions below. Don't disgrace people or call them out in any negative way. Just give your feelings on the subject.

Edit: Read 6th post down. A LOT of people tend to instantly read a post and not read the rest of the posts. Please read all of the posts.

Comments

• VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Impossible for SMGs to EVER 2-3 shot anybody unless they land headshots. SMGs deal the exact same damage as ARs, LMGs and MMGs from 0 to 30m then they do less damage than any weapons of those 3 categories.
  • Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Medics are not OP.

It takes 3-4 bullets at close range unless you get a HS. which is the case with all the automatic weapons except many of the assault and support guns shoot fast and have better accuracy easier recoil.

The buff to SMG was nice but not anywhere near enough to make them compete with the likes of the semi autos or AR's outside 20m.

SMGs should be the better gun in CQ which right now only 3 of them are which are also the 3 that hardest to control the recoil. 1 of those is the new SMG and only works if you go full left side customization for the 720 ROF. Otherwise its the best smg outside 30m since it has the bipod and controllable recoil comparatively.

Right now medics seem to be in an ok spot as of now but still think assault takes the cake as far as guns go.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Medic guns don't kill in two shots. With that out of the way no they aren't OP but yes good players will do well with them if they can keep engagements within their effective ranges.
  • AdmJagermeistr
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No were not. Our only chance is up close. Which means our only option is to find a way to rush. Getting up close is the hard part. You probably played against medics like myself that pretty much only play as medic and have learned how to master our weapons, how to get up close and survive, and know our limits.
  • EvoCyberNation
    95 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    People are great at head shotting players then! lol

I can counter a medic some what well, with the gewehr 43, but they just are unstoppabled. One of the medics was running through fire, turned around and done it again, and finally ran through it one more time and still didn't die.

I'm think, "Wha???" I think a lot of them have extended clips as well. I had a guy pinging the vehicle chasing after me. I ran around one side, they were still shooting, ran around the other side and they kept shooting. Finally they got behind me and shot me... I didn't hear one clip hit the ground.

Still, interesting that a lot of medics are hitting me and almost insta killing me (they still me half of the time). I assumed 2-3, you guys say it isn't 2-3... It certainly feels like 2-3! lol
  • TheDynastyYT
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would have never said this while doing a large 35/35 group, but right now I must say they're OP. Their guns, in close quarters are two to three shotting people. Litearlly... two to three shots and dead. I think, far distance, they aren't anything special because of their guns. I've had some questionable players playing the medic classes. So I'm not going to say EVERY medic is OP. I've faced several today, and they're just unstoppabled to a good degree. Smoke smoke smoke, heal, smoke, heal, shoot through smoke, killing constantly, heal, smoke, smoke... I mean, the whole match is nothing but smoke, rushing, and close to insta rezing. From what i heard, BF4? Medics can insta rez players? If so, that's just WAY too OP.

Any way you look at it, please leave your feelings and opinions below. Don't disgrace people or call them out in any negative way. Just give your feelings on the subject.

They're still underpowered but I do fine with them. Of course anyone can still be good with medic but it's guns are way worse than the AR's or DMR's at range.
  • Smes0n
    66 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the medic weapons are in a great spot right now. Obv they cant be too strong as we got unlimited healing.
  • BUBBS112
    72 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They are underpowered they are op. Grow a set boy and play the game jr.