Why so many crybabies- squad conquest

Comments

  • buster518
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »
    some times when it's just your sqaud and there's not a big team around to pin the loss on. people don't like it

    In another thread regarding the Squad Death Match mode (5 vs 15 or in other words, each squad is against the other two 5 man squads) I said I would love for that mode to come back. That was hecka-fun. I have nothing against small modes.. but Squad Conquest with vehicles when most are playing medic doesn't seem that fun to me. That's all.. more power to you if you like this mode. I took slight offense at OP calling big-CQ "casual mode"... that descriptor is whack. To me, Casual mode is TDM... like CoD, run around corners and whomever fires first wins.

    The only reason I say it's more casual and people say it's more casual is because that's what new playes garavitate to and is most populated so naturally it has the most causal and honestly everything in this game is pretty casual besides dom and squad CQ but dom because that's what nearly all the high tier sweaty players are at and was the game mode for esports.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Squad Conquest is the best gamemode in battlefield V at the moment.

    Best teamplay and tactics. Nothing better then be a part of a good squad, everbody reviving, ambush the tanks etc.

    Hope that it will stay in the game forever.

    Of course a Pats fan would have this opinion. I bet you found a way to eavesdrop on the other team's comms. :)
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    buster518 wrote: »

    I can't begin to tell you how wrong these statements are.
    .

    THIS IS A LONG ONE BUT IF ANYTHING READ POINTS 4,5, AND 6.

    @Sprinkles298
    1. None of this is an assumption. It's based on my thousands of hours experiance and 170+ in BFV as well as reading through many forums straight up condeming the game mode who then also will say something like "I'm sticking to CQ" or what have you. People say all the time that CQ is casual and people who play it and love it say its causal. Its shouldn't be news to anyone that conquest is extremely casual so when a challenge forces a mass of people into a game mode that is clearly more competitive in the way it is built it is no wonder that we are seeing a bunch of threads saying it sucks complaining about team balancing all of a sudden. If you guys cant acknowledge a skill gap then you'll never get better. Dice themselves have said they have issues keeping/aquiring new players because of the learning curve. And as many people say conquest is the niche that draws new people in so yes its casual.

    Bruh... some modes are simply not fun for some people.. it's not about casual vs. skill. For instance, the Supply Drop mode was one I played only once, because I could quickly see how fun it was for weirdos to hide somewhere and wait for player after player to try to make it to the ONE objective on the map. It was like Crocodiles in the river waiting for the Zebra to cross. It was like shooting fish in a barrel or whatever euphemism you want to use. Extremely fun for the camper to aim at the supply drop and wait for someone to come into their kill-zone, but extremely frustrating to be the team that has to actually secure it.
    How fun could it be if you know the enemy has to come to the exact GPS coordinate 526327554 ? That is the pure definition of casual to me.
    It was a turkey-shoot.

    Squad Conquest has some of those same attributes, the capture points are so small, and there are only three, so you know exactly where to train your scope if you are the sort that loves to lay on rocks and camp.

    But as I said in the previous post.. if you like it.. good! Play it until your heart's content.. my only objection is that Large CQ is not casual (at least not to me).

    "But they're just casual and aren't skilled enough" lmao.
    buster518 wrote: »
    Would love to see ur stats @Sprinkles298 ;)

    Bet you'd love to see a lot of things.
  • StreliziaDeWitt
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mean like EVERYWHERE I GO people just seem to cry about either their team for being noobish, Hackers on the enemy team and other kind of grown man babies.
    No matter what mode you jump into.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    buster518 wrote: »
    It's not that I'm in love with this game mode I definitely prefer domination or even regular conquest I just find the community really toxic hating on it because they arent used to it
    buster518 wrote: »
    It seems like alot of people who dislike the game mode are coming from conquest which is a pretty casual game mode and just arent used to a more focused competitive game mode where individual skill matters more as well as working as a team. Coupled with challenges that players are forced to do in the mode they arent used or just too casual for leads to more hate for the mode.
    buster518 wrote: »
    No I'm calling the cry babies cry babies because instead of giving constructive critacism they call the game mode trash in the forums after being out for only one day.

    I can't begin to tell you how wrong these statements are.
    .
    1. You all assume that players don't like it because they're not good enough or they're just bad/not used to it. It's almost as if people can have a bad impression of a new thing, even if they're good at that new thing. They can also have a good impression of that new thing, even if they're bad at that new thing. Opinions do not align with skills. For instance, I am pretty good at strategy games, but I don't enjoy playing them. I'm also pretty bad at competitive shooters and I don't really like them. I'm also pretty bad at COD Zombies, but I enjoy playing it.
    2. It's crazy to me how @buster518 is saying the community is "toxic" just for saying they don't like it. It's almost as if everyone's entitled to an opinion on something, especially if they don't like it.
    3. It's weird that you say it's because they aren't used to it then make the assumption that all these players are coming from conquest. No. Some of us came from Frontlines. Others from Domination, Breakthrough, everything. Conquest is the closest we have to Squad... CONQUEST. It plays out the exact same way, just on a 16v16 scale instead of 64v64 (difference in scale of 4x)
    4. What I find the worst about this entire thread is you sit there wanting actual constructive criticism while calling those that *you* don't believe gave constructive criticism "crybabies" and "toxic". When in reality the only toxic thing here is you acting like it's an attack.
    .
    We are literally just saying we don't like/don't prefer the game mode. We don't have to justify that. Sure, it would help if we did, but we don't have to. In fact, nobody has to. But when it comes down to it, criticism doesn't help something that's fundamentally broken. At this point, most players are complaining about a few things; lack of players, the fact you have to play with friends in order to be successful (many players play solo and get matched with randoms), and the mode feels like Domination with vehicles. So what else are they supposed to do? "Constructively critique?" I don't think it's possible for something to change when it's core idea is what people don't like.

    It’s the people saying it’s trash or garbage he’s getting at. They don’t like it therefore it’s garbage. That’s toxic whatever way you look at it. Personally I like it it makes a nice change. It took me, not a good player, about 3 hours to unlock the gun, It’s hardly a chore.

    The reason most people are saying it's trash/garbage is because it doesn't fit their style. It doesn't fit the essence of what Battlefield is and it's separation from COD. It's literally domination with vehicles. That's it. If you want that, go play COD. But as I see it, it's a game where organized teams can gang up on solo players to play a game of discount domination (for real, either remove domination or this. Kinda redundant to have both). For me, I think it's trash because I'm the exact opposite of what the mode promotes. I play solo. I don't really play conquest. I don't have friends to play online with. I play BF to play massive games with 64 players and lots of vehicles. I play game modes like Breakthrough and Frontlines because the enemies are right infront of me and the odds of them flanking are pretty low. This game mode has none of that and thus, I don't like it. It's trash. It's the opposite of the purpose of BF. It's basically just another COD mode to me.
    .
    I'm sure most people that are saying it's trash feel the same way. It's not a good game mode. It's not original. It's not fun. It's just conquest with 8 players/team. Nothing special. They took what people loved about Battlefield and shoved it down the drain to make this game mode.
  • buster518
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    buster518 wrote: »

    I can't begin to tell you how wrong these statements are.
    .

    THIS IS A LONG ONE BUT IF ANYTHING READ POINTS 4,5, AND 6.

    @Sprinkles298
    1. None of this is an assumption. It's based on my thousands of hours experiance and 170+ in BFV as well as reading through many forums straight up condeming the game mode who then also will say something like "I'm sticking to CQ" or what have you. People say all the time that CQ is casual and people who play it and love it say its causal. Its shouldn't be news to anyone that conquest is extremely casual so when a challenge forces a mass of people into a game mode that is clearly more competitive in the way it is built it is no wonder that we are seeing a bunch of threads saying it sucks complaining about team balancing all of a sudden. If you guys cant acknowledge a skill gap then you'll never get better. Dice themselves have said they have issues keeping/aquiring new players because of the learning curve. And as many people say conquest is the niche that draws new people in so yes its casual.

    Bruh... some modes are simply not fun for some people.. it's not about casual vs. skill. For instance, the Supply Drop mode was one I played only once, because I could quickly see how fun it was for weirdos to hide somewhere and wait for player after player to try to make it to the ONE objective on the map. It was like Crocodiles in the river waiting for the Zebra to cross. It was like shooting fish in a barrel or whatever euphemism you want to use. Extremely fun for the camper to aim at the supply drop and wait for someone to come into their kill-zone, but extremely frustrating to be the team that has to actually secure it.
    How fun could it be if you know the enemy has to come to the exact GPS coordinate 526327554 ? That is the pure definition of casual to me.
    It was a turkey-shoot.

    Squad Conquest has some of those same attributes, the capture points are so small, and there are only three, so you know exactly where to train your scope if you are the sort that loves to lay on rocks and camp.

    But as I said in the previous post.. if you like it.. good! Play it until your heart's content.. my only objection is that Large CQ is not casual (at least not to me).

    "But they're just casual and aren't skilled enough" lmao.
    buster518 wrote: »
    Would love to see ur stats @Sprinkles298 ;)

    Bet you'd love to see a lot of things.

    I'm not surprised you shy away from it...
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (respectfully snipped)

    Throw in the overabundance of snipers, AFK guys, and the ones who are just phoning it in without effort to get their three rounds of SQD CQ for the TOW assignment and it's a sub optimal experience.

    Yeah the AFK guys.. we had one dude in our squad that our SL allowed to remain in our squad for two whole games while he never spawned in! So for two games we had a 3 man squad.. then when I got to the objective where I needed to win a round of small CQ, the server moved me over to the other team entirely and he landed in my squad, so it was just me and him and the other squads were full so I had no where to go but quit that game. I would have been ALL ALONE with an AFK dude... not sure why the server didn't kick him (or the previous SL)
  • StingX71
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I surprisingly like it. Only one or two of the 15 games or so I played were blowouts. Rest were darn close. Didn't feel tanks were OP.

    But I question why we have the mode. I wish they'd drop the Dom number back to 24 or less and run with that instead. No need for Squad CQ and Dom imho. maybe something in between.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    buster518 wrote: »

    I'm not surprised you shy away from it...

    I'm surprised you're putting stats over everything. It doesn't matter how good I am or how bad I am. FYI, my KD is 1.45 and my Win% is 48%. I play the game for fun. I don't care about winning that much as long as I feel the fight was fair and I'm having fun fighting.
    .
    Not like you'd understand the essence of playing a game for fun right? Instead you just wanna get good and blame everyone else not having fun or not liking something to them being bad.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    buster518 wrote: »
    Would love to see ur stats @Sprinkles298 ;)

    Why? So you can stat-bash? That's against the forum rules anyway.. just presume you are better than he because he doesn't like squad cq
  • StingX71
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Sw0rdmouse wrote: »
    Battlefield's niche has always been large, epic battles, with an emphasis on a mix of infantry and vehicle combat.

    Tiny maps with 8v8 feels like a CoD match to me. And if I want to play CoD, I'll go play CoD. *shrug*

    Yeah, that's how we think of BF, big maps and lots of vehicles. But the reality is that some of the most popular servers in this franchise ran small maps, infantry-only. A lot of players love TDM, and while the purists love to sneer at that game mode and those players, clearly EA thinks their money is just as good as anybody else's. So if servers running Noshahr Canals TDM or Locker TDM 24/7 are always full, wouldn't it be foolish for the game developers to ignore that?

    I have enjoyed Squad Conquest so far, it's kind of nice not being bombed before you can get out of your spawn, and being able to flank and cap a flag forcing the opposing team to turn around which takes the pressure off your team. It's not much different than Domination really, and while that might infuriate the purists who think any map smaller than Firestorm or Silk Road are blasphemy, if enough players like it then it should stay in the game.

    Yep, that was the nice thing about BF servers before BF1 and V. They could be tweaked for niche groups. I liked playing CQ 32 the most with a little bit of Dom/TDM to break things up. BFBC2 Rush is some of the best times I've had playing.

    I really can't stand having only 64CQ servers. Getting old really fast. Find myself playing a lot less as of late.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    buster518 wrote: »
    Would love to see ur stats @Sprinkles298 ;)

    Why? So you can stat-bash? That's against the forum rules anyway.. just presume you are better than he because he doesn't like squad cq

    I put out my stats. My KD is 1.45. My Win % is 48%. I don't care about them. I just would prefer not to be told I suck because of my playstyle and what I choose to play.
  • buster518
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    buster518 wrote: »

    I'm not surprised you shy away from it...

    I'm surprised you're putting stats over everything. It doesn't matter how good I am or how bad I am. FYI, my KD is 1.45 and my Win% is 48%. I play the game for fun. I don't care about winning that much as long as I feel the fight was fair and I'm having fun fighting.
    .
    Not like you'd understand the essence of playing a game for fun right? Instead you just wanna get good and blame everyone else not having fun or not liking something to them being bad.

    Well at least your honest while very defensive all I did was ask ur stats havent brought it up otherwise who's making assumptions now.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    buster518 wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »
    some times when it's just your sqaud and there's not a big team around to pin the loss on. people don't like it

    In another thread regarding the Squad Death Match mode (5 vs 15 or in other words, each squad is against the other two 5 man squads) I said I would love for that mode to come back. That was hecka-fun. I have nothing against small modes.. but Squad Conquest with vehicles when most are playing medic doesn't seem that fun to me. That's all.. more power to you if you like this mode. I took slight offense at OP calling big-CQ "casual mode"... that descriptor is whack. To me, Casual mode is TDM... like CoD, run around corners and whomever fires first wins.

    The only reason I say it's more casual and people say it's more casual is because that's what new playes garavitate to and is most populated so naturally it has the most causal and honestly everything in this game is pretty casual besides dom and squad CQ but dom because that's what nearly all the high tier sweaty players are at and was the game mode for esports.

    I do not hold those in high-regard who play domination (with no vehicles to contend with) and then brag about their great stats. I see those who are in love with their K/D playing mostly TDM and DOM, this way they never have to worry about a tank nor a plane. I have always loved BF more than CoD because of the teamwork necessary to win. Maybe DICE is trying to cater to the CoD fan-base a little with these smaller modes (??)
  • buster518
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    buster518 wrote: »
    Would love to see ur stats @Sprinkles298 ;)

    Why? So you can stat-bash? That's against the forum rules anyway.. just presume you are better than he because he doesn't like squad cq

    Nah I wasnt planning on it just had a theory that panned out and that's funny that that's a rule didnt know about that. I knew I'd become the bad guy if I even mentioned my stats though so I'm glad I didnt in that context.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    What was your K/D in Halo Reach? (see how it doesn't matter anymore?).

    Most of my Veteran friends in real-life play these games to escape.. we did Combat for real and we thank God that our K/D in Afghanistan and Iraq was X/0 (X number of kills but no deaths). Heck even a 0/0 K/D in real life feels really nice when you get to see your family again. That's why these games/our stats are not taken too seriously.
    Currahee! Air Assault! I'm still alive! Yee-haw!
  • buster518
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    buster518 wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »
    some times when it's just your sqaud and there's not a big team around to pin the loss on. people don't like it

    In another thread regarding the Squad Death Match mode (5 vs 15 or in other words, each squad is against the other two 5 man squads) I said I would love for that mode to come back. That was hecka-fun. I have nothing against small modes.. but Squad Conquest with vehicles when most are playing medic doesn't seem that fun to me. That's all.. more power to you if you like this mode. I took slight offense at OP calling big-CQ "casual mode"... that descriptor is whack. To me, Casual mode is TDM... like CoD, run around corners and whomever fires first wins.

    The only reason I say it's more casual and people say it's more casual is because that's what new playes garavitate to and is most populated so naturally it has the most causal and honestly everything in this game is pretty casual besides dom and squad CQ but dom because that's what nearly all the high tier sweaty players are at and was the game mode for esports.

    I do not hold those in high-regard who play domination (with no vehicles to contend with) and then brag about their great stats. I see those who are in love with their K/D playing mostly TDM and DOM, this way they never have to worry about a tank nor a plane. I have always loved BF more than CoD because of the teamwork necessary to win. Maybe DICE is trying to cater to the CoD fan-base a little with these smaller modes (??)

    It wouldn't be a bad thing if they were trying to appeal to other people especially with the state of the game now with low purchases and pre orders down like 80% less for this game. And honestly for those good players it's not hard for them to succeed in those game modes either dom is the hardest to play imo, tanks and planes dont matter all that much. You arent dying to those the most you're dying to infantry
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    buster518 wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    buster518 wrote: »
    Would love to see ur stats @Sprinkles298 ;)

    Why? So you can stat-bash? That's against the forum rules anyway.. just presume you are better than he because he doesn't like squad cq

    Nah I wasnt planning on it just had a theory that panned out and that's funny that that's a rule didnt know about that. I knew I'd become the bad guy if I even mentioned my stats though so I'm glad I didnt in that context.

    But you did mention stats. And then you just said your theory (about the correlation of people being bad and not liking the game mode) panned out. You should really try to not think like that.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    buster518 wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    buster518 wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »
    some times when it's just your sqaud and there's not a big team around to pin the loss on. people don't like it

    In another thread regarding the Squad Death Match mode (5 vs 15 or in other words, each squad is against the other two 5 man squads) I said I would love for that mode to come back. That was hecka-fun. I have nothing against small modes.. but Squad Conquest with vehicles when most are playing medic doesn't seem that fun to me. That's all.. more power to you if you like this mode. I took slight offense at OP calling big-CQ "casual mode"... that descriptor is whack. To me, Casual mode is TDM... like CoD, run around corners and whomever fires first wins.

    The only reason I say it's more casual and people say it's more casual is because that's what new playes garavitate to and is most populated so naturally it has the most causal and honestly everything in this game is pretty casual besides dom and squad CQ but dom because that's what nearly all the high tier sweaty players are at and was the game mode for esports.

    I do not hold those in high-regard who play domination (with no vehicles to contend with) and then brag about their great stats. I see those who are in love with their K/D playing mostly TDM and DOM, this way they never have to worry about a tank nor a plane. I have always loved BF more than CoD because of the teamwork necessary to win. Maybe DICE is trying to cater to the CoD fan-base a little with these smaller modes (??)

    It wouldn't be a bad thing if they were trying to appeal to other people especially with the state of the game now with low purchases and pre orders down like 80% less for this game. And honestly for those good players it's not hard for them to succeed in those game modes either dom is the hardest to play imo, tanks and planes dont matter all that much. You arent dying to those the most you're dying to infantry

    That "Star Wars" tank with 4 guns in the front (one seater) can rake some infantry brother... I know it was meant for planes, but I think it is primarily used on infantry. (NTTAWWT) It's basically the new "gun truck" from BF1.. oh how infantry hated those things, especially the turkeys that would sit in their spawn and couldn't be taken out (reverse, self-heal, kill 10 more, reverse, self-heal, kill 10 more etc..)
  • buster518
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    buster518 wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    buster518 wrote: »
    Would love to see ur stats @Sprinkles298 ;)

    Why? So you can stat-bash? That's against the forum rules anyway.. just presume you are better than he because he doesn't like squad cq

    Nah I wasnt planning on it just had a theory that panned out and that's funny that that's a rule didnt know about that. I knew I'd become the bad guy if I even mentioned my stats though so I'm glad I didnt in that context.

    But you did mention stats. And then you just said your theory (about the correlation of people being bad and not liking the game mode) panned out. You should really try to not think like that.

    Ok believe whatever you want :) if we are giving each other advice you should try not to think that everyone who cares about their stats and or winning doenst enjoy the game as much as you a person who says they dont care for stats stop shaming people who like to try. And people can have different ideas of fun.
Sign In or Register to comment.