Why BFV is in its dying stage

Comments

• Wlnnie-Pooh
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @trip1ex @munkt0r here for you some raw data i collected some time back.
    The max distance between two flagpoles on the base game maps in BF 1 3 and 5

Bf3:
    Damavand A -> E 540m
    Kharg A -> E 520m
    Firestorm A -> E 455m
    Caspian border A -> E 425m
    Noshahr B -> D 290m
    Theran A -> D 250m
    Metro A -> C 245m
    Grand bazar D -> E 225m
    Seine Crossing A -> D 155m

Bf1:
    Giant shadow A -> G 580m
    Empire edge A -> G 575m
    Sinai A -> F 520m
    Grappa A -> E 500m
    St quentin A -> F 460m
    Fao A -> G 450m
    Ballroom A -> E 450m
    Suez A -> E 435m
    Argonne A -> E 360m
    Amien A -> F 350m

βf5:
    Panzerstorm A -> G 920m
    Hamada A -> G 760m
    Twisted steel A -> G 520m
    Arras A -> C 420m
    Aerodrome A -> F 380m
    Narvik B -> E 330m
    Devastation A -> E 270m
    Fjell A -> E 270m
    Rotterdam A -> E 250m
  • mc22ryan
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 19
    BF5 feels a lot like BF ONE. Not just in gameplay, but in how they slowly roll out content. I'm enjoying BF5 as much as i enjoyed BF oNE.

I think the close eras and similar gameplay is dragging more than a modern BF would be. BF3 and BF4. Or Bad company 1 and 2.

WW2 is a great era, but the game "dies" quicker without all the extra features/customizations/strategies that a modern presentation can bring. At least in my opinion.

• olT3lo
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited January 19
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    olT3lo wrote: »
    Just checked Twitch. BFV is the 84th most viewed game right now. This game isn't dying, it was dead on arrival.

Lol since when did streamers indicate success or whether or not a game is dead? That's absolute nonsense.

Maybe or maybe not. Want to discuss sales figures?

Yes, please, bring up sales figures of physical copies sold in the digital age.

What color is the sky in your world?

The sky is blue here in the world where most gamers buy digital and people don't portray the state of overall sales of games by referencing reports of solely lower numbers of retail physical copies sold.

If I had a quarter for every person I knew who actually still bought physical editions of games on a regular basis, I wouldn't be able to buy a pack of gum.

Amazing that you can see the sky what with your head buried in the sand up to your shoulders. Ignore all the evidence to the contrary if it helps you feel better about your purchase, while those of us not in denial accept the truth.

https://gamingbolt.com/fallout-76-and-battlefield-5-digital-sales-disappointed-report

Not like the reports about digital sales are new, but I guess you weren't interested in it since it didn't support your belief.
  • Stahlmach
    1135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Aside from endless bugs, cheaters, horrible UI, boring maps, and frustrating game play, what other factors are contributing to its early demise and “churn rate”?

You make it sound like this game is the worst game in history which it's not. I'm having a blast with this game, sure does it have it's problem but so does any other game at launch or at some point until it been fixed.

People just don't have patience anymore these days, they know they didn't handle the release of the game and marketing correctly but either let them correct this or just simply don't play the game and go play Fortnite or something, it's that easy.

All game have bugs & cheaters so that's nothing new, horrible UI? Yes I can agree that there are some changes needed to be done before it's great. Boring maps? Nah there is great variety and to be fair, it matters how you play through them, try different classes, tactics and weapons which will bring new strategy, just camping on one spot of course it becomes boring quickly.

The game play apart from some bugs, it's excellent.

Objectively you can make a good case that these maps have the least amount of variety.

1. First BF game with no boats on any map at launch?

2. Least amount of vehicles of any set of BF maps.

3. Probably the smallest set of maps.

4. Maybe the most horizontal set of maps too.

5. Might also have the least number of exciting map features.

Yep, maps are def too small. If every map was the size of Panzerstorm, it would have went back to their roots and i probably wouldn't even need to post. But nah, too big and boring for our Operation Metro "quick action" friends. Sad to watch.

Yeah and I even like small maps. BF always had some small maps. But now it's like every map is a small map and you're lucky to get a big map. It was much more the opposite before.

Do you have any substantive data to illustrate map size being "small" comparatively in BFV?

Show me yours. I'll show you mine.

I'm guessing you're not familiar with standard claim and proof discussion.

You make a claim, you need to prove it. I'm not making any claims, i'm simply asking a question.

I am not him but i compared the distance between the Flags in BF 3 and BF V. The maps in BF V are not only too small but the problem is also that the Flags are way too close together.
    In former Titles the battle happenend on many places around the maps, here its a constant meatgrind on a very small area supported by the horrible lane structure and being able to spawn at everyone.
    And this goes for Ground and Air. The space for planes was in fromer titles way greater in width and height. In BF V its like flying in a fishbowl. Perfect bad example of everything i mentioned before is Arras.
    No wonder we have the lowest number of Vehicles of any Battlefield game. You dont need them when your Assault Supersoldier can simply sprint the 50m from one Flag to another.....
  • stevensgsusa
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’ll tell you why- why is it every battlefield is different from the rest. I think the basic layout, controls, gameplay should be like the rest. Players don’t stop playing because they don’t like the game or modes anymore, it’s cause everyone else leaves their game and it sucks playing with an empty squad or the same people all the time. The first time you played v weren’t you like wt??? Why’d they change it 🤔
  • Amphybiouse
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited January 19
    Aside from endless bugs, cheaters, horrible UI, boring maps, and frustrating game play, what other factors are contributing to its early demise and “churn rate”?

You make it sound like this game is the worst game in history which it's not. I'm having a blast with this game, sure does it have it's problem but so does any other game at launch or at some point until it been fixed.

People just don't have patience anymore these days, they know they didn't handle the release of the game and marketing correctly but either let them correct this or just simply don't play the game and go play Fortnite or something, it's that easy.

All game have bugs & cheaters so that's nothing new, horrible UI? Yes I can agree that there are some changes needed to be done before it's great. Boring maps? Nah there is great variety and to be fair, it matters how you play through them, try different classes, tactics and weapons which will bring new strategy, just camping on one spot of course it becomes boring quickly.

Objectively you can make a good case that these maps have the least amount of variety.

Yep, maps are def too small. If every map was the size of Panzerstorm, it would have went back to their roots and i probably wouldn't even need to post. But nah, too big and boring for our Operation Metro "quick action" friends. Sad to watch.

Yeah and I even like small maps. BF always had some small maps. But now it's like every map is a small map and you're lucky to get a big map. It was much more the opposite before.

Do you have any substantive data to illustrate map size being "small" comparatively in BFV?

You make a claim, you need to prove it. I'm not making any claims, i'm simply asking a question.

No if you disagree with someone then chime in and tell us what you think and why. That's how forums work.

What you don't do is go where's your 23 notarized documents definitively showing what you claim is without any shred of doubt accurate to the 10th decimal place under the the scientific bylaws of 89 countries and 10 municipalities lol.

unless you just want to be a pain in the butt and have nothing to say. Then go ahead. I'll just ignore you.

So you expect the person who disagrees with your claim to substantiate it, but don't understand why you're being asked to do the same after you've initially made it?
    Wow, just wow.
  • Stahlmach
    1135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @munktor

I am not him but i compared the distance between the Flags in BF 3 and BF V. The maps in BF V are not only too small but the problem is also that the Flags are way too close together.
    In former Titles the battle happenend on many places around the maps, here its a constant meatgrind on a very small area supported by the horrible lane structure and being able to spawn at everyone.
    And this goes for Ground and Air. The space for planes was in fromer titles way greater in width and height. In BF V its like flying in a fishbowl. Perfect bad example of everything i mentioned before is Arras.
    No wonder we have the lowest number of Vehicles of any Battlefield game. You dont need them when your Assault Supersoldier can simply sprint the 50m from one Flag to another.....
  • MAJWolfcookies
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 19
    Just checked Twitch. BFV is the 84th most viewed game right now. This game isn't dying, it was dead on arrival.

Lol since when did streamers indicate success or whether or not a game is dead? That's absolute nonsense.

Maybe or maybe not. Want to discuss sales figures?

Yes, please, bring up sales figures of physical copies sold in the digital age.

What color is the sky in your world?

The sky is blue here in the world where most gamers buy digital and people don't portray the state of overall sales of games by referencing reports of solely lower numbers of retail physical copies sold.

If I had a quarter for every person I knew who actually still bought physical editions of games on a regular basis, I wouldn't be able to buy a pack of gum.

Amazing that you can see the sky what with your head buried in the sand up to your shoulders. Ignore all the evidence to the contrary if it helps you feel better about your purchase, while those of us not in denial accept the truth.

https://gamingbolt.com/fallout-76-and-battlefield-5-digital-sales-disappointed-report

Not like the reports about digital sales are new, but I guess you weren't interested in it since it didn't support your belief.

That troll Loqtroll can't see out of his own anoos bc his head is buried so far up there. Impervious to facts and smelly too.
    Post edited by MAJWolfcookies on
  • rockin_master
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To die you have to live first. I haven't seen this title do anything but flounder.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Bf3:
    Damavand A -> E 540m
    Kharg A -> E 520m
    Firestorm A -> E 455m
    Noshahr B -> D 290m
    Theran A -> D 250m
    Metro A -> C 245m
    Grand bazar D -> E 225m

Bf1:
    Giant shadow A -> G 580m
    Empire edge A -> G 575m
    Sinai A -> F 520m
    Grappa A -> E 500m
    St quentin A -> F 460m
    Fao A -> G 450m
    Ballroom A -> E 450m
    Suez A -> E 435m
    Argonne A -> E 360m
    Amien A -> F 350m

βf5:
    Panzerstorm A -> G 920m
    Hamada A -> G 760m
    Arras A -> C 420m
    Aerodrome A -> F 380m
    Narvik B -> E 330m
    Devastation A -> E 270m
    Fjell A -> E 270m
    Rotterdam A -> E 250m

Thanks for this.
  • trip1ex
    4309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

No if you disagree with someone then chime in and tell us what you think and why. That's how forums work.

What you don't do is go where's your 23 notarized documents definitively showing what you claim is without any shred of doubt accurate to the 10th decimal place under the the scientific bylaws of 89 countries and 10 municipalities lol.

unless you just want to be a pain in the butt and have nothing to say. Then go ahead. I'll just ignore you.

So you expect the person who disagrees with your claim to substantiate it, but don't understand why you're being asked to do the same after you've initially made it?
    Wow, just wow.

Nonsense. Why bother replying when you don't read the post you are replying to? You even quoted me saying "if you disagree with someone then chime in and tell us what you think and why. " That's what I expect.

How does that change to me expecting the other person to substantiate my "claim?" Unbelievable.

I expect people to chime in and agree or disagree. I don't ask people to "prove" their "claim" as if we're in a court lol.

ON top of it the guy didn't even disagree with me. He just wants to be a pain in the butt. Doesn't want to have an opinion. Just wants me to "prove" mine.

• xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Bf3:
    Damavand A -> E 540m
    Kharg A -> E 520m
    Firestorm A -> E 455m
    Noshahr B -> D 290m
    Theran A -> D 250m
    Metro A -> C 245m
    Grand bazar D -> E 225m

Bf1:
    Giant shadow A -> G 580m
    Empire edge A -> G 575m
    Sinai A -> F 520m
    Grappa A -> E 500m
    St quentin A -> F 460m
    Fao A -> G 450m
    Ballroom A -> E 450m
    Suez A -> E 435m
    Argonne A -> E 360m
    Amien A -> F 350m

βf5:
    Panzerstorm A -> G 920m
    Hamada A -> G 760m
    Arras A -> C 420m
    Aerodrome A -> F 380m
    Narvik B -> E 330m
    Devastation A -> E 270m
    Fjell A -> E 270m
    Rotterdam A -> E 250m

That answers a lot. And so, what they're doing, is putting 64 players in a sardine can as compare to past BF games. And then we wonder why half the game is camping laying prone afraid of dying every second. 32 Player Conquest please.
  • NoQuart3r
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Love the way people come on here to glory on the "death of the game". Surely logic dictates that if it was really dead for you perhaps you would not be on here posting in the first place and would have moved into something else?
  • karcyon
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My guess is that Firestorm will come out delayed again and won't be that good. EA will announce shortly after that they halted all future content development for the game because of poor sales etc.
  • karcyon
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Zuddybear wrote: »
    Am I the only one not enjoying the guns or the gunplay? I understand bullet spread and recoil is supposed to have predermined patterns in BFV, but they feel random and uncontrollable. Something about the gunplay in battlefield went downhill after Bad Company 2 (masterpiece). I find myself jumping between classes and guns to no end, never able to find something fun or rewarding to use.

Another thing I found very frustrating is the apparent randomness of death in this game. Cautiosness and situational awareness doesn't seem to matter as much as in previous titles. No matter how slow and precice I navigate the maps, there's always someone camping or hiding somewhere. Poor visibility doesn't really help in this regard. Literally stepping on enemies lying on the ground is commonplace.

By far the worst battlefield title as of yet :(

You are not the only one! It blows my mind how people praise the gun play in this game. I play a lot of other shooters and something just doesn't feel right in BFV. As you said, it feels random, very incoherent. Almost like there is some dice rolling going on, like you are playing an D&D RPG. Maybe it's the worse netcode, who knows but it feels off.
  • NoQuart3r
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really like the gunplay, nowhere near as random as BF1 and much more like BF3 for me. Don't know what platform you guys are on but it is well worth messing with all the settings and sensitivities to get totally dialled in. There are some good vids on utube to reference.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NoQuart3r wrote: »
    I really like the gunplay, nowhere near as random as BF1 and much more like BF3 for me. Don't know what platform you guys are on but it is well worth messing with all the settings and sensitivities to get totally dialled in. There are some good vids on utube to reference.

Agree that tweaking settings makes a huge difference, but I think a lot of folks are having netcode / TTD issues.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    karcyon wrote: »
    My guess is that Firestorm will come out delayed again and won't be that good. EA will announce shortly after that they halted all future content development for the game because of poor sales etc.

I agree. I also predict EA will cut funding to the live service model and BFV will soon go the way of SWBF2. This is a perfect storm of a disaster for EA.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    karcyon wrote: »

I agree. I also predict EA will cut funding to the live service model and BFV will soon go the way of SWBF2. This is a perfect storm of a disaster for EA.

Yep, that's the worry. And that's why we have to make some suggestions to make the game much better, and DICE has to put out some sort of roadmap as to where they're going. Being i think you're both right, in that they're gonna jump ship.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1277 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That anyone would think a game should be judged by how popular it is on Twitch is astonishing (and laughable) to me. PUBG has been wildly popular on Twitch, but when it comes to bugs, performance drops, bad design choices and a stunning level of cheating, PUBG is the worst game I've ever experienced. But I'm supposed to choose which game to play not by how well it runs or how much fun it is to play, but by how many streamers and their viewers the game has? I realize that younger people who have grown up with video screens in front of their faces judge everything by what they see on those screens, but I assure you, if you step back and think about it, quality and popularity on Twitch are not interchangeable terms. Frankly I doubt that Battlefield's traditional fan base cares much about Twitch, while games which attract more kids tend to be popular there. So be it, I'm not about to download Fortnite just because of how many vidiots are watching it on Twitch.

Everything you said is 100% true, but the sad reality is, these are tomorrows gamers bro. Sucks right?