R U seriously complaining about visibility?

T_Green1971
14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 2019
I think the camouflage finally works in a FPS and all credit to Dice for making it so.

If you're running and gunning then yes you will run into someone or be seen by someone behind/next to or in vegetation or between or peaking over rocks and other structures of similar colours to the uniforms. Why is that a problem? Yes, there are campers but campers can camp anywhere and pick off the unsuspecting.

The majority of people who are camouflaged may have carefully manoeuvred into that position or used cover to get into a position you weren't expecting and remember camouflage and it's potential advantages work for you too!

I see a relatively small number people, who seem to shout the loudest, wanting visuals to change but I think the game, its tactics (and immersion) would be all the poorer for it.

This is Battlefield and Dice have done a fantastic job in trying to balance a fundamental sense of realism with multifaceted 64 player gameplay. If you want a 'run and gun' or only play Recon and want everyone to standout so you can clearly see your target then perhaps CoD is a more natural happy hunting ground for you...

Comments

• SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The old COD burn never gets old...
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, truthfully, i don't know how they can even change it. We had spotting that would have taken care of the problem, but they rid that. And if they ever brought that back, given the maps this small for 64 players and ttk this fast, yes, you'd rid the camping, but hell would be raised.

So, given 64 players, and maps this small, and ttk this fast, it will remain Campfield V for the remainder seemingly.

But if they add 16 v 16 Conquest lets say, the maps would be seemingly be too big to camp, and more would not snipe, or prone camp, and play objectives, given it would be too boring to just camp. But as of now, many of us are going prone camp.
  • maskedocelot
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like it the way it is, I wouldn't want every game to play like this but it works with the way everything's set up for this version. Camping in battlefield isn't as much of a problem as people make it out to be, if half your team are flat out refusing to move then yes you're doomed, but using cover and defending is as much of a core mechanic as running and gunning.
  • Stinkfinger1345
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Visibility is really bad due to all the ridiculous particle effects clogging up the screen. That’s the main problem. Snow maps are the worst. The snow falling scrambles the background unless your playing 4K. It’s not acceptable for the vast majority of players due to PC specs or console limitations. I thought the effects were a bug at first with how bad they render.
  • Noodlesocks
    3627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With forced TAA, everything just sort of blurs in to each other and with unifroms all looking like varying shades of grey it is no surprise how easy it is to blend in with the terrain.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Visibility is an issue when visibility shouldn’t be an issue. That’s players complaints as mine.
  • T_Green1971
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Visibility is an issue when visibility shouldn’t be an issue. That’s players complaints as mine.

But why is it an issue, what do you want; the enemy to wear high viz jackets? (...I can hear CoD calling you...)
  • trip1ex
    5225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    WE know we can all camp too. That's why we hate the game.

And no one is carefully maneuvering into their camping spot. They play the same map over and over and over and over and through trial and error know the spots where they can't be seen by the enemy. That's very unrealistic.
  • Marine_IraHayes2

But why is it an issue, what do you want; the enemy to wear high viz jackets? (...I can hear CoD calling you...)

Never played COD. I’ve only ever played Battlefield 1943 for the last 7 years.
    You could hide and be conspicuous and have the upper hand. But when you were plainly in the open you could be made out.
    I have my opinion and you have yours on the matter. (I can hear your mom calling you...)
  • Marine_IraHayes2

Never played COD. I’ve only ever played Battlefield 1943 for the last 7 years.
    You could hide and be conspicuous and have the upper hand. But when you were plainly in the open you could be made out.
    I have my opinion and you have yours on the matter. (I can hear your mom calling you...)

And by the way...in all my years in the forums I never heard anyone complaining that there was to much visibility. So when something’s not broke why change it.
    Maybe I’m just old school, I liked the way things were.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you want a game that plays like older Battlefield titles play Call of Duty! HAH!
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    If you want a game that plays like older Battlefield titles play Call of Duty! HAH!

Blah blah blah go play COD. Stop following the herd and come up with something original you simp.
  • DropInDropOut
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm fine with how easily players can blend into the environment, I've started paying a lot more attention and do better/have more fun bc of it. I wish the devs would remove the bipod use while prone on your back tthough, prone on your stomach obviously bipod should work, but the idea that you could rest one bipod spoke on each thigh and somehow have perfect accuracy is wild. Plus this allows players to hide in open areas, not using cover, not camouflaged, but bc they look like dead bodies nobody sees them and they have the most powerful guns in the most accurate position.
  • T_Green1971
    Perhaps my CoD reference was a bit cheap but it is a more arcade type fps in general whereas Battlefield has and hopefully will always be more immersive.

I'm with Dutchmasta83, the camouflage (or blending) of other players within the environments has made me take more care and I've certainly become a better player because of this (though the bar wasn't that high to start with).

I really don't see the issue with visuals as they are, it's the same for everyone. I do think that those that don't like it should adjust their play style rather than complain about it in the hope that Dice will change it when it isn't a 'bug' and was instead an intended design decision at launch - i.e. it wasn't and isn't broken so why fix it?

After all is said and done Dice have seemingly more pressing issues with bug fixes that do have a real impact on gameplay for a larger proportion of the player base, rather than addressing an aesthetic for a few whingers.
  • TFBisquit
    2283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You know, I see what you mean.
    But, for all I know you got a monitor that outputs the colours better than most others.
    Fact remains that players become invisible at certain locations. And with that I mean literally invisible. I saw guys disappearing in fjell at the grey rocks.
    Visibility is bad in BF5, this is already admitted by Dice and many others.
    And that you don't suffer from it, doesn't mean many others have to suffer from it. And do keep in mind that it's not a minority that claims visibility is bad.
    In fact, you are the minority sir.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Call of Duty games are a lot of fun. Different, but fun. I loved playing the first two and didn't really enjoy Battlefield until BF: Vietnam came out.

Being colourblind really hits hard in this game. It's difficult enough getting HUD elements visible against a background that's mostly green/brown, but now it's really difficult. I'm not complaining, but as BFV was supposed to be a slower paced, more tactical game, the player visibility would have been fine. However, at some point, slower paced and more tactical became run 'n' gun or ADAD Spam and camp. There's very little of the tactical element left. You can manoeuvre your squad into a good flanking position, just to have the zerg overtake you and take a point by sheer numbers. Or you run into the zerg with no chance of survival or escape.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    You know, I see what you mean.
    But, for all I know you got a monitor that outputs the colours better than most others.
    Fact remains that players become invisible at certain locations. And with that I mean literally invisible. I saw guys disappearing in fjell at the grey rocks.
    Visibility is bad in BF5, this is already admitted by Dice and many others.
    And that you don't suffer from it, doesn't mean many others have to suffer from it. And do keep in mind that it's not a minority that claims visibility is bad.
    In fact, you are the minority sir.

Don’t you just love how he assumes he is in the majority. And only “a few whingers” want change for “aesthetics”. Makes for having a decent conversation impossible with the assumptions being thrown around.
    Be nice if Dice/EA would take a poll on the issue.
  • V99999
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Visibility is bad remember you felt that it wasn't when this game is deader then it is right now.
  • T_Green1971
    edited January 2019
    V99999 wrote: »
    Visibility is bad remember you felt that it wasn't when this game is deader then it is right now.

I think a lot of people aren't happy unless they have something to whinge about.

Battlefield V is an awesome game, an absolute technical marvel. It won't die, it will eventually see off the whingers and will continue to be enjoyed by the people who recognise it for what it really is; a bloody good game.