MEDICS are FINE if given 3X Scope DEBATE

celtictaron
4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I know many will likely flame me but I have gained medic since the get go I have used every gun to nearly 10 etc.
Now the elephant in the room, ranged fights.
With the recent changes the mp40, sten, and ZK33 are great albeit slow rof ranged weapons. The true reason we can't compete at range is our best ranged scope is 1.5X.
If we was given a 3x scope we could better compete at comparative ranges against other ranged full autos like lmg mmg and full auto AR.
Some will say we can't fight in CQC well just like any class of your in CQC change guns to m19, sumi etc.
IN SUMMARY:
We have decent ranged fighting abilities with very little to no recoil on the new ZK33 we just can't see far enough to really take advantage of that new range.

Begin Debate, and please keep it civil folks.

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Even after the buff smgs aren't really effective at the ranges where you can find 3x scopes useful. Well you can use half of your mag to kill that guy in the distance but is it really necessary?
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm for anything that will make the Medics more competitive at medium range. I wouldn't even mind if Dice gave the Medics one dmr to play with just so the Medics weren't pigeon holed into CQ only game play, at least that would give folks the ability to change up their game play a bit.
  • celtictaron
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    x3 scope should be removed from all other classed aside from Scout.

Agreed but we know that won't happen lol iv been saying 3x should be sniper only for awhile and I hate sniping lol
  • bigiain
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Removing the 3x scope seems so obvious. It's such a big change that the TTK disaster has probably stopped it happening though.
  • JCN66
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    3x would be maybe too much with medics endless self heal. But I think that 2x could be fine, not needed with guns like Suomi, but ideal magnification to MP34 etc.
  • Foamcow
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Medics are fine anyway. Why do they need to be competitive at medium range?

They're a CQB class, at which they do well.
  • IvanFireBlade_GR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i believe a scope like the new x2 of selbstlader 1906 would work for all classes except recons that they can keep their x3 and x6 with a tone upper their glint. this would be the most balanced thing to do. neither recons will die from semi autos or supports but nor assaults and supports will engage snipers since they wont have the x3 scope to do that. as a medic i dont ever engage in a fight or 1v1 with recons. but as an assault with m1a1 i usually beat them.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pointless, the guns aren't capable enough at that range.
  • Cerben1
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i think we shold give shotguns to recon and smgs and scrap the snipers and semis from all recon so they can be use full. give the semis to suport. muzzelflash and tracer or scope glint every one knows wher you are any way =)
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd rather they just remove 3x scopes from Assault and Support.

Agreed, 2x should be plenty
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While I don't agree with removing 3x scopes from the game entirely I do agree that they need to be nerfed somehow or the alternatives buffed somewhat(or some combination thereof) so that they are not the go to optic for 80% of the players playing the game. The last thing I'd want is adding them to even more stuff so that 90% of the players running around are using them.
  • FragbaitDax
    223 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You people are missing the point. Let me make it clearer for you, it's in the name of the class itself: Medic. If you want to play team support, if you want to resurrect players and resupply med packs, then this is the class for you. If you want to assault other players at range, then you should play Assault.

BFV is a squad level game. There's meant to be perks and weaknesses to every class because the intent is for you to operate together as a unit. If you adjust your attitude and understand you can't be all things in all situations then you'll start to play the game as it's intended and really find the joy of it.
  • italickus
    394 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As a medic, i only use 1x scopes
  • GrizzGolf
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Foamcow wrote: »
    Medics are fine anyway. Why do they need to be competitive at medium range?

They're a CQB class, at which they do well.

Too bad a lot of the maps aren't CQB
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would love a 3x scope just so I could scope out an area for threats before moving up.
  • DropInDropOut
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The MP40 and MP34 with accuracy upgrades can easily compete at range when tap or single fired and in the right hands. I personally would love to see a DMR for the medic class or perhaps a 2-3x scope. I fully understand and thoroughly enjoy squad roles and gameplay but sometimes the truth is the enemy is a little far away and being able to see them while ADS would make it easier. The weakness that it takes 6+ SMG bullets to kill (more at longer range) still remains so letting the player see the enemy they are going to spend 15 seconds trying to kill sounds fine.

And considering there is little to no suppression or flinching effect, if a medic is trying to take on anyone else at range they are at a serious disadvantage. I just see this as giving players more options which I consider to be a positive thing. I love how many options there are for guns and scopes in BF4 and how you could change your scope's zoom and crosshairs in BF1. More options available = more players finding what they like among them.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Nah, just remove 3x from assault and support. It would help with reducing the camping problem and also better balancing the classes.