Is this performance right for my PC?

JordanD98x
26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 19
I really think I should be getting better FPS on my rig, plus the bad stutters and quick frame drops. Could someone take a look and let me know, thanks!

Windows 10 latest version
GTX 1070 Founders Edition @ stock
i7 4790k @ stock 4.0GHz
16GB DDR3 RAM
Game installed on an SSD

Game is on Ultra settings on DX11 and FFR set to on, 1080p

Comments

• Nijikox3
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    did you tried dx12 with ffr of ? to see if you get more or less fps ?
  • JordanD98x
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nijikox3 wrote: »
    did you tried dx12 with ffr of ? to see if you get more or less fps ?

Yeah buddy, FFR seems to kill my frame rate on some maps like Rotterdam and Devastation but not really change anything on other maps like Hamda, DX12 is the same I believe, fps hits on some maps and pretty much the same on others, it's strange.
  • mp1917
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i have heavy stuttering and flickering while playing war stories . This since last update....

my system =
    Machine Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. - Default string
    Operation System Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
    Memory 16 GB
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. - X99-SLI-CF
    Video Cards NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
    Monitors LG ULTRAWIDE
    Hard Disk Samsung SSD 840 Series (500.0 GB)
    Network Card Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V

• Huntinwabits
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game as usual. its the game
  • Wiiiggum
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You're running the most visually impressive mp fps available on ultra settings on a 5 year old cpu and near 3 year old gpu. The performance seems great for your rig imo.
  • TFBisquit
    1501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Overclock that cpu and use low settings.
  • BreezyBadger420
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you sure Windows update, compatibility telemetry, some anti virus or internet browser isn't running in the background? Also, if you're playing over wifi the packet loss will cause your stutter. And if you're playing over wifi there will be packet loss.
  • zePokar1
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seems about right.
  • NoPhxGvn
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you playing on a higher refresh rate monitor? What framerate are you trying to get?

Overall, it seems about right for an old system. That card launched back in 2016 and was not even high end back then.
  • BreezyBadger420
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 19
    It's not the card causing the bottleneck. I play on a evga gtx 1060 6gb ssc and get over 70 fps constant, usually in the 80 to 90 range. Granted the card boosts to 1.9 ghz core. However, I have a i5 9600k pegged at 4.6 ghz constant and ram at 2.666 ghz (because I want to stay within intel spec for now).
    This game is a CPU abuser. It solicits my cpu usage for all 6 cores in the 60% to 80% range and gpu at 99% utilization constant. To get a better idea, run in windowed mode and use hwinfo and task manager, to see where your bottleneck lies.
  • Malzius
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    well if you re playing on a 60 hz monitor , then its fine your hitting over 60 fps all the time, if you have a 144hz, dont play ultra, its pointless to do so in mp to be honest
  • TFBisquit
    1501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Plays fine on my [email protected],5Ghz.
    Again, overclock that 4790k.
  • JordanD98x
    TFBisquit wrote: »

I've never OCed anything before mate, any tips?
  • JordanD98x
    NoPhxGvn wrote: »
    Are you playing on a higher refresh rate monitor? What framerate are you trying to get?

Overall, it seems about right for an old system. That card launched back in 2016 and was not even high end back then.

About 70 - 80 on the more demanding maps, which is what I'm getting now, just the stutters and random frame drops for a second are the issue
  • StreliziaDeWitt
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JordanD98x wrote: »

Youtube is gonna be your friend on this one. ;)
  • Sk1lld
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really think I should be getting better FPS on my rig, plus the bad stutters and quick frame drops. Could someone take a look and let me know, thanks!

Windows 10 latest version
    GTX 1070 Founders Edition @ stock
    i7 4790k @ stock 4.0GHz
    16GB DDR3 RAM
    Game installed on an SSD

Game is on Ultra settings on DX11 and FFR set to on, 1080p

I have the same setup. What resolution are you running?
    I get ~ 130 FPS in 1080p but am using the in game FPS counter -PerfOverlay.DrawFPS 1, and no FFR DirectX 11. The in game counter is a bit hard to see because it's so small, and is all over the place so not sure how accurate it is. What tool were you using?
    80 FPS seems about right if you are running all the eye candy "Ultra" settings or 1440p.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, it is normal.
    Game is demanding and needs to be further optimized.
    Try OC'ing your card, cpu and using Dx12 with FFR off. You can squeeze out 10 more fps imo.
    Also try lowering some of the settings.
    Texture, mesh and filtering on ultra. Landscape on medium, post process on medium. undergrowth effect and lightning low. Ambient occluison off anti alising taa low. You can easily get 130-144 fps.
  • snowyy1337
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You shud have more fps with the card so its most likely the 4790k that cant keep up which i still find weird but 1070 shud have fps around 80-120 and never hitting anything near 60...
  • TFBisquit

Hmm, best to google it, you will find forums with detailed instructions.
    But in short, your cpu will need between 1.250v and 1.300v or vcore to run at 4,5Ghz on all cores. It will introduce extra heat so you need a good air cooler or preferably water cooling.
    Temps around 80°C would be normal for that cpu but keep it below 85°C. Lower is better ofcourse.
    Anyway, you need to set multiplier higher for all cores, set a fixed voltage or use offset for that (which is a bit more complicated in finding the correct offset).
    Important thing here is the combination of your cpu and motherboard. Different brands have different bios options.
    So you need to change the bios. And therefor you need to know which settings it has and what they do if you change them.
    On the bright side, if you take some time for it, it will bring you joy and better performance.
    It keeps my 2600k active for almost 8 years now. Unthinkable and incredible if you look at the past of cpu's.