Not happy about death cam changes

Comments

• SWE-Androctonus
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    alienstout wrote: »
    I prefer they bring back 3d spotting Doritos.

You know I'd be fine with spotting. Everyone is all up in a tizzy about spotting nowadays but I remember people complaining just as loudly that nobody was using the spotting function in previous games. Can't please everyone.

You should be able to spot at least for your self or maybe your squad, but not the whole team. That would fix much of the visability issue and the spotting issue at the same time.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You know I'd be fine with spotting. Everyone is all up in a tizzy about spotting nowadays but I remember people complaining just as loudly that nobody was using the spotting function in previous games. Can't please everyone.

You should be able to spot at least for your self or maybe your squad, but not the whole team. That would fix much of the visability issue and the spotting issue at the same time.

You can mark spots for your squad which is a way better mechanic. Active spotting of enemies is just hand holding for noobs and should stay out.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    With the low ttk, I have managed to lead my squad to the objective by crawling and only shooting when I have to. It was the opposite of BF1 where you charge in, and I liked it.
    You can no longer use high grass, trees, shrubs, or anything else to conceal your movement when approaching or taking objectives. Stealth is currently dead. I posted a thread about this too and am disgusted that they are making changes to turn this onto BF1.
    DICE, if I wanted killcams, high ttk, and everyone being spotted I'd still be playing BF1. STICK TO YOUR GUNS! Stay with the original ideas!

Seems like they don't know what they want to do with the game.
    It's pathetic and depressing.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »

You can mark spots for your squad which is a way better mechanic. Active spotting of enemies is just hand holding for noobs and should stay out.

You meant such as yourself ?
  • spartanx169x
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dear Camper,

We understand your frustration. We are unanimous on the fact that the death experience is now longer and more annoying than prior to this patch. However, if it bothers you that we now know exactly where you are camping, please feel free to relocate because we have sent an assault with an StG and Dynamite or a medic with a Suomi and Axe to come and troll you straight back to the redeploy screen. Your campy playstyle is no longer viable and will no longer be tolerated. You have 5 seconds to respond with the affirmative. Goodbye.

I rarely agree with you, but on this I support this post 100%.
  • BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    Why should a loser be rewarded with info/intel on an opponent who has beaten them? Surely the winner should be rewarded?.

You want to hide in a bush in front of your spawn but the players PTFOing are "losers", OK.

You are being very defensive.
    Biscuit is talking about the actual definition of the word "loser." He didn't win. He lost.
  • Skitelz7
    Vycinas2 wrote: »

Are you trying to be funny, look cool or something?
    It's not working, love. 😘
  • ragnarok013
    3077 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

@Vycinas2 please refrain from insulting your fellow Forumfielders as it only derails the discussion and is a violation of the forum rules.

• filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This. It was always funny to read those threads.
    If
    I'm not sure if you guys are aware but they made some changes to the death cam in this new update.
    Taken straight from the patch notes:

• The name of the enemy that has killed a player is now shown in the game world when
    the player has died. This highlights the killer and helps players understand who killed
    them and from where, especially in crowded situations.
    • Improved the death experience with the addition of a camera that now follows and
    zooms towards the killer. This will allow players to understand what killed them and
    the position of the killer.

I'm completely against any hand holding and that's pretty much all these changes do.
    Help the noobs.
    DICE please.

BFV has been marketed since before launch as being a more tactical and hardcore Battlefield (low ttk, no spotting).
    There's a reason people got so upset when they raised the TTK and this change to the death-cam is in that same ballpark.

If you have any skill at all this should not bother you. The only people that will complain about this are campers that find this one little crevice in an objective that is annoying to find and kill.

Most campers will milk one and same spot to the max even after you kill them 5 times in a row, you can still see them crawling back there and with proper kill cam its going to be epic to troll those noobs and tbag until hackusations starts.

All the whole this is going on the objectives are being ignored.....

8 times out of 10 I do all the donkey work in the squad and team, i think once in a while I am allowed to teach hardco.. (sorry easycore) stealth players a lesson.

Yeah, I'm sure you don't engage in revenge/objective ignoring gameplay more than 8 out of 10 times, because you certainly don't seem to enjoy it SMH. Btw, stealth and camping are not the same.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If
    I'm not sure if you guys are aware but they made some changes to the death cam in this new update.

• The name of the enemy that has killed a player is now shown in the game world when
    the player has died. This highlights the killer and helps players understand who killed
    • Improved the death experience with the addition of a camera that now follows and
    zooms towards the killer. This will allow players to understand what killed them and

I'm completely against any hand holding and that's pretty much all these changes do.
    Help the noobs.
    DICE please.

BFV has been marketed since before launch as being a more tactical and hardcore Battlefield (low ttk, no spotting).
    There's a reason people got so upset when they raised the TTK and this change to the death-cam is in that same ballpark.

If you have any skill at all this should not bother you. The only people that will complain about this are campers that find this one little crevice in an objective that is annoying to find and kill.

Most campers will milk one and same spot to the max even after you kill them 5 times in a row, you can still see them crawling back there and with proper kill cam its going to be epic to troll those noobs and tbag until hackusations starts.

8 times out of 10 I do all the donkey work in the squad and team, i think once in a while I am allowed to teach hardco.. (sorry easycore) stealth players a lesson.

Yeah, I'm sure you don't engage in revenge/objective ignoring gameplay more than 8 out of 10 times, because you certainly don't seem to enjoy it SMH. Btw, stealth and camping are not the same.

Yeah but isn't stealth when you are getting into position and then make the kill? The camping comes when you don't move after the kill and try to stay there picking off the enemy one after the other. That's camping.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If

Help the noobs.
    DICE please.

The only time i actually ignore the objective is when I am playing with nothing but blueberries we re triple capped (on Dom) and blueberries are stationary sniping or bipoding not advancing or shows no effort to cap at least one flag thats when I am going to troll enemy and go after campers.

Also this whining about kill cam, has made no difference to the gameplay, I am still able to do what I do, i am still able to flank and I am still on top of the board even with my casual stats.
  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For the love of God, please add HC so we can point out how all the people complaining about not having them don't actually play in them.

It will go something like this, "Sure there are HC servers, but I play in regular pub servers because there aren't enough people to populate the HC ones."

There will be many threads every day like this, "Please come play HC so they won't kill the servers!", "Help start the HC servers"

I would only play HC if it had the same settings as BF4 HC. BF1 messed up HC bad, and most people posting are too young to remember BFBC2's superb implementation of HC. So BF4 HC settings all the way
  • Domeej
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I dislike the killcam and never liked it in previous titles. Its like a wallhack to tell your mates what your killer is doing which often leads to his death. Just give some Information what damaged you. Zoom to your enemy but freeze then, dont follow his movements or show him trough walls. basically like it was before but if needed zoom in more so you can see his position.
  • Domeej
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 20
  • ps_865
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Death camera should be like in the COD, a replay of your killing from your opponent camera.
  • Domeej
    edited January 20
    ps_865 wrote: »
    Death camera should be like in the COD, a replay of your killing from your opponent camera.

I would appreciate that but considering that this doesnt exist in any bf yet I think its technically hard (engine) or performance wise impossible to implement this.
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Look all i want is to see the final 3 seconds of my life from the perspective of the person who killed me. CoD does not own the rights to this. And it would stop all the hackusations. The reason i want it is i want to know who is skilled and who got lucky and also how to IMPROVE. If i was killed on a rooftop was it because he saw my head or just outright fluke? What this does is pass on information you can learn from. If this isn't possible then just remove the killcam entirely.
  • W38BY
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This new featured has **** over anyone who holds a position for longer than a few minutes and it's just ****.
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GodWebby wrote: »
    This new featured has **** over anyone who holds a position for longer than a few minutes and it's just ****.

If you are someone who plays the mmg's it really destroys ambush spots
  • uist1
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Faylum wrote: »
    GodWebby wrote: »

If you are someone who plays the mmg's it really destroys ambush spots

I agree 100%