Weekly Debrief

Fjell: Horrible map made even worse by bombers.

2»

Comments

• Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Zipeh wrote: »
    the problem on Fjell at the moment is the AA cant shoot down the bombers anymore. .
    You are a better man than me.. pre-patch I could only deal 13 damage to passing planes.
  • CSO7777
    1179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 20
    Fjell is imho the worst map in the game. The planes are so stupid on this map, but there are also other problems with the flags.

If you spawn at E/D then it's pretty easy to become spawntrapped. It can be really hard to take back either E or D because both flags are too easy to defend from people coming from uncap.

But removing the planes, would be a good start.
  • G-Gnu
    1412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell should have been an inf only map, there is no ground vehicles so there is reason to have the bombers in the first place.
    Somehow it seems that DICE since the last iteration decided to shift the Rock , paper , scissors a bit to include bombers to do inf farming.
    Imo bombers should be use against armored ground vehicles first then give assistance against pushing inf´s , today that is more like the opposite.
  • kreepypriest
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Get in a airplane and shoot him down then..any fighter plane pisses on bombers parades
  • oX_-oBIGBOSS-FoX
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Fjell is designed as a map for planes. It should have had 32 planes on each side and 0 infantries. But nowadays, any maps need to cater to infantries thus you now have only 5 planes each side.
  • Trokey66
    8353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It blows!

Remove planes and make the snow storm (albeit slightly reduced in intensity) the standard weather.
  • kjgregoire
    116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell has the be the worst map so far. It should be restricted to squad conquest or TDM game modes.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You would think someone at DICE would be in charge of running data reports showing which maps most people quit out of--also include how often FJELL is selected from the server list versus other maps.
    I know some people must select it (the type that are recon and/or like to spawn in bombers) but I would wager if we could see the raw data, we would find maps like Twisted Steel and Rotterdam are selected at 3 times the rate FJELL is selected from server screen. Additionally, I would also wager that FJELL is quit more than any other map.

But seeing that data would be extra-sweet. Then we could march in the streets with our torches and pitchforks.
  • PixelSquish
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell and Devastation are the most thoughtless Conquest maps in the game. Dreadfully repetitive. Every Flag is basically the exact same area. Both teams continuously and chaotically running in circles the entirety of the match to cap flags. Both map's are visually drab and ugly. Both maps lack verticality.

I can have fun on both map's but they are a perfect example of DICE's lack of creativity and thoughtless approach to gameplay.

Devastation is the best map on conquest. Great Urban combat
  • Zipeh
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I prefer Fjell to Twisted Steel and Panzerstorm and Aerodrome
  • Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hilldo67 wrote: »
    Why do bombers even exist in the first place? Why do planes even exist in the first place?

Because it’s battlefield! You want no vehicles? Go play another title!

I'm fine with land vehicles, it's the planes which drive me nuts. Heck I'm even fine with helicopters! It's just fixed wing aircraft the makes game balance a crap show.
  • Shrediron
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Planes were an issue on this map PRIOR to the latest patch, now they are simply god mode. I find it utterly amazing that someone at dice thought this was a good idea. I have to seriously question if they are allowing interns to balance the game.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I almost always have fun on Fjell. The bombers only seem to be problematic every now and then, and if you're with teammates you'll usually get revived shortly after being bombed anyways.
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    single worst map in the game by a long shot. even some of the other bad maps like hamada have redeemable values
  • lolingbuffalo
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I personally have not experienced what y'all are talking about.. i died from bombers only a handful of times on this map, and any time I try to fly a bomber I get shot down within 60sec.

Also, I don't just fly. I do play infantry too.