This game is a sinking ship. The deluxe content is utterly embarrassing.

Comments

  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is where I come when I want philosophy of life lessons, and learning how to balance a household budget.
    I think all of us in here wear shoes and have a roof over our head. There may be the occasional odd-ball that plays BF on a downtown library PC wearing no shoes and bumming cigarettes off of teenagers.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    PackersDK wrote: »
    Yeah, I was so hyped it was a WW2 era game, I pre-ordered the deluxe way back.

    Game releases, and a few weeks go by before I realize I should have gotten deluxe air drops! Thinks I’m being shafted, cuz I sure don’t recall getting any. Already thinking up a whiny, rage filled complaint thread on this forum. Damn you, Dice!

    Then I check... ohhhh, I did get them. They are just so unbelivieably forgettable and bland, I hadn’t noticed.

    Don’t know if agree the game is a sinking ship though. Still have hopes, despite missing CC and all. I will however never pre-order any game again, nor buy anything but the base game. Not only because of this deluxe fail, but also Dice’s price cuts of the game so close after release.

    That price cut after paying for deluxe version still has me salty.

    Yeah I have no idea how there is not more rage over this.

    Maybe because most folks have better things to do with their time than "rage" over a video game. Obviously some have different priorities.

    It's not rage over a video game. It's rage over mostly corporate BS. I am not really all that mad to be honest as this is not a big deal to me in that EA can screw off as that is that. I'm sorry you don't like holding people to standards.

    And being reasonable I don't hate the dev team, I heavily dislike and even hate at times EA as a massive, horrible corporation.

    I know a lot of talented Dice people have left the company at this point. It's really that simple. Mix that with EA being absolutely slaver like with release and care and this is what you get.
  • iFistyoSis
    1129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Agree on the deluxe edition part. Not on the skinking part thou 😂
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2066 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Mmm. I preordered deluxe at a discount for the early access.

    I paid $48 for delivery last night, which we finished in seven minutes.

    I paid another $20 for a movie that was over in two hours and and sixteen minutes.

    Edit: The delivery and movie cost less than deluxe and were completed in two hours and twenty three minutes.

    Well that's just the going price for foreplay. I hope you got to enjoy a full two minutes at least.

  • suffice_ls
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2019
    fragnstein wrote: »
    suffice_ls wrote: »
    Llordus wrote: »

    Lack of maps on launch time, and after too....

    Half of available weapons is just BF1 garbage with new textures....

    Lack of rush mode - which is in fact only interesting mode in BF franchise (and breakthrough can replace it only barely)....

    [bad] netcode, full of issues - which is suprising, considering well patched BF3 or BF4 games years ago...

    it is nothing comparing to old BF3 or BF4.

    Amen to all of that. Didn't even buy the garbage...though, I will be honest, I felt half tempted seeing as it's selling everywhere at for 50% off -- Which says it all about what garbage it is. Loo at the Twitch viewership too. Battlefail V....garbage.

    Gotta ask though:
    Why did you bother buying Deluxe Edition or whatever if all (the scraps of crap) DLC were gonna be given away for free (seeing as it's worthless)?

    So how do you know it's garbage if you don't own it?

    Because I've played it for a good 50hrs, @fragnstein . Duh :D

  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have a decent amount of hours. I would not call the game garbage, it's foundation is okay. But the game around it is definitely garbage.

    I always got a cohesive feel for BF1. I loved the Premium even when I hated some of the maps that came with it. Eventually I learned to have fun on the maps I hated with Cavalry or Sentry. But all in all the whole package was awesome. Both Dice studios improved the game. The lower TTK was whatever. I was fine with it the way it was. It's a bit more campy now, but still a fun game.

    With this game it just does not feel cohesive. The 8 maps we have are okay. A few great ones with some fairly mediocre ones. But there is nothing really on the horizon that says we will have a lot of content to add to this game. So it becomes harder for me to justify more time. So much so that I got COD WW2 for some infantry fighting and more maps. I can only play 8 maps so many times when I like about 5 of them tops. There isn't cavalry to play around with. Tanks are much different, and being a supply tank is no longer as fun or viable.

    Plus the maps are fairly small for tanks and you find yourself wrapped up in the same positioning and firefights too much IMO. I don't enjoy flying in BF games at all, and that leaves only infantry, where I feel class imbalance is fairly bad and there is too much camping already.

    What BFV did do is prepare me for the fast TTK of COD. But at this point I think my love for gun games is dying down a bit. And that is fine. I have played plenty.

    But why not just take a damn break and make a great game again? Why constantly feel the need to force a game out every single damn year? I hate this industry.
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ''Why constantly feel the need to force a game out every single damn year? ''

    Because they are sad, greedy [insert insult here] and should be shutdown for good.
  • SpeedStreaker
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The rip off is the concept of this game: buy new, get less, pay more.

    In hindsight I never expected this game would be: buy later, get more, pay less.

    We all know price drops, but it’s not the same game at launch, release came incomplete.

    Last deluxe I bought was...oh yea R6 Siege, now that’s worth it.

    Uninstalled this game, will survey forums/content etc, it will take me maps and a direction of future to start playing again. Got this on Origon Access so minimal harm done.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Mmm. I preordered deluxe at a discount for the early access.

    I paid $48 for delivery last night, which we finished in seven minutes.

    I paid another $20 for a movie that was over in two hours and and sixteen minutes.

    Edit: The delivery and movie cost less than deluxe and were completed in two hours and twenty three minutes.

    Well that's just the going price for foreplay. I hope you got to enjoy a full two minutes at least.

    Two minutes? You’re giving me too much credit, mate.
  • EA_Rtas
    538 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Ok everyone we're getting a bit off topic here, this really isn't the place to be discussing peoples expenditure. Try and keep things on topic going forward.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    https://old.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/ahgolb/weekly_reminder_that_we_spent_20_extra_for_deluxe/

    I honestly had no idea they even started giving out deluxe edition content. It turns out there really is no content, and the whole game is a complete farce.

    Little did I know I have already been getting the deluxe content in the form of useless parts of skins for a complete gun. It's horrible. It's so bad I did not even notice it. Some random skins that look like they were put together in 5 minutes. No, they were put together in five minutes.

    This is honestly the last game I will buying from Dice or EA in the near future. No questions asked. This BS has been done to their fans TWO times in a row with Star Wars and now BFV, both games hideously unfinished, nearly broken in parts, and with no seemingly solid foundation for the future.

    Nope. It's over people. You can play this til your eyes bleed for all I care. I got better things to do with my life. I noticed when I booted up for the Tides mission how happy I was that it seemed really easy to get the gun because I am not sure I can fathom devoting more than an hour to the game at a time. Not even sure I care about getting the weapon. There doesn't seem to be a future for this game.

    So you're done because the deluxe edition content that you paid as much for as people pay for a dinner isn't what you wanted it to be?

    Alright then - see you when the next BF title is announced, you claim you'll never buy it, and then you're playing it day 1.

    #BF5DejaVu
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    $100 for 150 hours worth of entertainment. Totally worth it for me. The 150 hours may end being 1000 within 2 years. Lots of value.

    Anybody investing 1K hours into this game has priorities that are not okay. I could name a 1000 better things to do with ANY life off the top of my head. Jesus sign up for the military or something.

    Wow.
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    https://old.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/ahgolb/weekly_reminder_that_we_spent_20_extra_for_deluxe/

    I honestly had no idea they even started giving out deluxe edition content. It turns out there really is no content, and the whole game is a complete farce.

    Little did I know I have already been getting the deluxe content in the form of useless parts of skins for a complete gun. It's horrible. It's so bad I did not even notice it. Some random skins that look like they were put together in 5 minutes. No, they were put together in five minutes.

    This is honestly the last game I will buying from Dice or EA in the near future. No questions asked. This BS has been done to their fans TWO times in a row with Star Wars and now BFV, both games hideously unfinished, nearly broken in parts, and with no seemingly solid foundation for the future.

    Nope. It's over people. You can play this til your eyes bleed for all I care. I got better things to do with my life. I noticed when I booted up for the Tides mission how happy I was that it seemed really easy to get the gun because I am not sure I can fathom devoting more than an hour to the game at a time. Not even sure I care about getting the weapon. There doesn't seem to be a future for this game.

    So you're done because the deluxe edition content that you paid as much for as people pay for a dinner isn't what you wanted it to be?

    Alright then - see you when the next BF title is announced, you claim you'll never buy it, and then you're playing it day 1.

    #BF5DejaVu

    He mentioned other reasons aswell...
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    https://old.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/ahgolb/weekly_reminder_that_we_spent_20_extra_for_deluxe/

    I honestly had no idea they even started giving out deluxe edition content. It turns out there really is no content, and the whole game is a complete farce.

    Little did I know I have already been getting the deluxe content in the form of useless parts of skins for a complete gun. It's horrible. It's so bad I did not even notice it. Some random skins that look like they were put together in 5 minutes. No, they were put together in five minutes.

    This is honestly the last game I will buying from Dice or EA in the near future. No questions asked. This BS has been done to their fans TWO times in a row with Star Wars and now BFV, both games hideously unfinished, nearly broken in parts, and with no seemingly solid foundation for the future.

    Nope. It's over people. You can play this til your eyes bleed for all I care. I got better things to do with my life. I noticed when I booted up for the Tides mission how happy I was that it seemed really easy to get the gun because I am not sure I can fathom devoting more than an hour to the game at a time. Not even sure I care about getting the weapon. There doesn't seem to be a future for this game.

    So you're done because the deluxe edition content that you paid as much for as people pay for a dinner isn't what you wanted it to be?

    Alright then - see you when the next BF title is announced, you claim you'll never buy it, and then you're playing it day 1.

    #BF5DejaVu

    He mentioned other reasons aswell...

    Lol and he also swore up and down that he'd never buy or play this game. Despite that, as we can see....

    He pretty much swore in the OP that he'll never buy, play, or support another BF title again and definitely doesn't want to do so with this game - but I'd bet cold, hard cash that we'll see him on these forum for the next 2 years, an will see him discussing the next BF game after he buys it. He already spent months before the launch of this game swearing he wouldn't play it, saying it was garbage, saying it would fail - and now he's sitting here months after launch complaining about the content he gets with deluxe edition.
  • Autorotor
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What deluxe content?
  • BaronVonGoon
    7068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    $100 for 150 hours worth of entertainment. Totally worth it for me. The 150 hours may end being 1000 within 2 years. Lots of value.

    Anybody investing 1K hours into this game has priorities that are not okay. I could name a 1000 better things to do with ANY life off the top of my head. Jesus sign up for the military or something.

    Wow.

    My reaction too
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    ''saying it would fail''

    wich it pretty much has done though....
  • suffice_ls
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So yeah, why IS this game failing / "a sinking ship"?

    50% everywhere, almost no Twitch viewership....no reason to believe this game is doing well or will last much longer before fading into the obscurity that it belongs in....but I just want to know why?
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    suffice_ls wrote: »
    So yeah, why IS this game failing / "a sinking ship"?

    50% everywhere, almost no Twitch viewership....no reason to believe this game is doing well or will last much longer before fading into the obscurity that it belongs in....but I just want to know why?

    I'd say a guy from my neighbouring country has a good chunk of the blame..
This discussion has been closed.