I am impressed with BATTLEFIELD 1. Is BF V really "THAT BAD"?

124»

Comments

• -Antares65z
    1590 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    digga11 wrote: »
    Not much more to say as I think you got all my thoughts there.
    I can only think that there must have been a big turnover of staff to get so many of the same things wrong plus loose so much continuity with the game. The inability to fix a lot of basic issues also has me wondering what’s going on.

The suits are sitting around their $20,000 conference tables mitigating damage loss and discussing how much support and content they're going to deliver now that their revenue goals have failed miserably.
  • robmcewen
    2929 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can only think that there must have been a big turnover of staff to get so many of the same things wrong plus loose so much continuity with the game. The inability to fix a lot of basic issues also has me wondering what’s going on.

The suits are sitting around their $20,000 conference tables mitigating damage loss and discussing how much support and content they're going to deliver now that their revenue goals have failed miserably.

That’s was the good thing about premium, you were guaranteed content, with a live service, if the numbers are bad, “sorry guys it’s not worth adding any more content.”
  • -Antares65z
    1590 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »

That’s was the good thing about premium, you were guaranteed content, with a live service, if the numbers are bad, “sorry guys it’s not worth adding any more content.”

+1. Exactly! Other than what was promised, actually now that I think about it, was anything promised in terms of additional content? Battle Royale mode? We may see some glaring bug fixes but other than that, they could start pulling the plug on a lot of content they had planned to deliver, had sales been much better.
  • creepNpeep
    717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

+1. Exactly! Other than what was promised, actually now that I think about it, was anything promised in terms of additional content? Battle Royale mode? We may see some glaring bug fixes but other than that, they could start pulling the plug on a lot of content they had planned to deliver, had sales been much better.

Like they did with being able to drag wounded soldiers.
    They partly marketed the game on these kind of new features but now they are “too hard to implement” all of a sudden 😏

Lost all faith in dice and the direction they are taking the game.
  • CS-2107
    1552 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

If BFV gets a map every 3 months (measured by the current known duration), imagine how many years of support it would take to get the map count up to BF1s level.

Also gameplaywise I still fail to see how BFV is an improvement over BF1. Yeah, I give it that: Being able to jump straight through windows is pretty helpful and would've been cool in BF1, but as BFVs vaulting system is broken and doesn't work most of the time, this is not necessarily a pro for BFV than it is a "Would be nice to have it in BF1"

Honestly if I could decide between buying BFV or another new Premium Pass for BF1 (adding for example Tannenberg, Japanese Islands, African colonies etc.), I would straight go for the second option.
  • CS-2107
    1552 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    creepNpeep wrote: »

Like they did with being able to drag wounded soldiers.
    They partly marketed the game on these kind of new features but now they are “too hard to implement” all of a sudden 😏

Lost all faith in dice and the direction they are taking the game.

BFV will be the game for me, that I check out everytime there is a new update, playing it 3h and go back to BF1 and play that most of the time.
  • mikebostonmike
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have been trying to give BFV a chance and played it for a while before ultimately getting frustrated by a plethora of things and deleting it from my PS4 harddrive. Went back to BF1 after a couple months spent playing other games, and man... it is a fun game. Even when it's chaotic and you'll most likely die, it's fun. Unlike BFV where a number of deaths just seem unfair due to the netcode, it's lightyears better in BF1 even when you get shot around a corner. It used to frustrate me in BF1 until I played BFV and would seemingly just die instantly from people laying on their backs in a bunch of rubble in a corner somewhere. BF1 is the superior game as far as fun goes, and as far as graphics, and as far as that epic feeling. The sound design is lightyears better in BF1. The satisfaction you get from the kill sound in BF1 is one of the best gaming experiences, and BFV messed that up too. No satisfaction from the sound that plays in BFV for a kill.

Reinstalled BFV to see if any of the patch changes make the game any better, but I have a feeling I'll be uninstalling after a day of play and reinstalling after patches a lot for BFV.
  • OskooI_007
    588 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 24
    I agree, BFV feels like it was created by inexperienced interns. I didn't enjoy the beta but still bought the game. I told myself there's never been a Battlefield game I didn't like. BFV changed all that. I don't like it.

- Soldier movement is too fast with no inertia or weight
    - Positional audio is horrible. Footsteps are broken
    - Guns have very little recoil which makes the TTK super fast leading to insta-deaths

Those are the 3 main issues. I also don't like how DICE made everything look smaller in BFV compared to BF1. For example player models are smaller in BFV compared to BF1.

Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • EdwinSpangler
    1773 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    creepNpeep wrote: »
    Is it just laziness or did different artists work on BFV?... because it shows.

Thats exactly what I think.. The people who worked on bf3/bf4 are no longer there.. I believe some still were for the development of bf1 and may still be but.... Its just not the same people working on teh battlefield franchise..

• ENKkii87
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have bfv deloluxe

The gunplay and weapon variety is really good.

Other than that the main focus is unlocking points to make your guns handle In a respectable fashion and unlocking cosmetics, no joke. Barely any maps and new content is locked behind a grind wall when it should be in game already. Also loads of bugs and assignment grinds that give a false sense of.progression to what should already be in game. Seems more.like a f2p game really. It's quitea shambles.

Wait until it's on sale.