Is this really Possible!?

2»

Comments

  • EXILE157
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Indigology wrote: »
    Is anyone else confused as to why this guy is making such a huge deal over game sharing? Its been a thing for a long time. Its a great benefit of buying digitally.

    If you dont have enough information in this thread, just google game sharing. I dont see the problem here.

    Because I don’t play on Xbox One. - I play on PC, but I bought the Xbox One console for my kids, Yes this is news to me., I found out about this on Sunday.

    The reason why I’m asking about it, specifically with BFV, because of EA/DICE policy.

    I getting more information here about this compared to any other site in the internet.

    There’s no need for you to comment, if you have nothing informative to contribute.

  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LithosMike wrote: »
    Yeah, it's great for a household with more than 1 Xbox, but it's not some magical game copy cloning system.

    You own two licenses for each game. One is attached to your home xbox and can be accessed by anyone using that Home Xbox, and the second is attached to your Xbox Live Gold Account. Both can be used separately or simultaneously.

    Remember, you can't change your account's Home Xbox more than twice in a year. I think it's twice, maybe three times.

    they actually increased the amount of times you can change per year. I think it's 10 times now.
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EXILE157 wrote: »
    Indigology wrote: »
    Is anyone else confused as to why this guy is making such a huge deal over game sharing? Its been a thing for a long time. Its a great benefit of buying digitally.

    If you dont have enough information in this thread, just google game sharing. I dont see the problem here.

    Because I don’t play on Xbox One. - I play on PC, but I bought the Xbox One console for my kids, Yes this is news to me., I found out about this on Sunday.

    The reason why I’m asking about it, specifically with BFV, because of EA/DICE policy.

    I getting more information here about this compared to any other site in the internet.

    There’s no need for you to comment, if you have nothing informative to contribute.

    if you bought a pc game in the Microsoft store and its a play anywhere title (Google it for a list of games) you can gameshare those games.

    everything else has to be Xbox game bought in the Microsoft store. it's an awesome perk. lots of people have the ability to take advantage of it but do not. you just. really gotta trust person your sharing with or you can convince someone to share with you.. and you don't share back.... you can have as many people as you want sharing with you. but you can only share with one person. it. doesn't even have to be someone sharing with you. A can share with B and B can share with C
  • EXILE157
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    EXILE157 wrote: »
    Indigology wrote: »
    Is anyone else confused as to why this guy is making such a huge deal over game sharing? Its been a thing for a long time. Its a great benefit of buying digitally.

    If you dont have enough information in this thread, just google game sharing. I dont see the problem here.

    Because I don’t play on Xbox One. - I play on PC, but I bought the Xbox One console for my kids, Yes this is news to me., I found out about this on Sunday.

    The reason why I’m asking about it, specifically with BFV, because of EA/DICE policy.

    I getting more information here about this compared to any other site in the internet.

    There’s no need for you to comment, if you have nothing informative to contribute.

    if you bought a pc game in the Microsoft store and its a play anywhere title (Google it for a list of games) you can gameshare those games.

    everything else has to be Xbox game bought in the Microsoft store. it's an awesome perk. lots of people have the ability to take advantage of it but do not. you just. really gotta trust person your sharing with or you can convince someone to share with you.. and you don't share back.... you can have as many people as you want sharing with you. but you can only share with one person. it. doesn't even have to be someone sharing with you. A can share with B and B can share with C
    It’s crazy!

    Thank You and everyone else who contributed their knowledge, I will get this GameShare set this up for my kids.

  • LithosMike
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This isn't as amazing as you're making it out to be. You're not making a clone copy of your game to give to someone else. You are limited to share your Gold Account and games with 1 other Xbox. It's already explained earlier in the thread, but if you're down here still not understanding:

    When you purchase a game, you own 2 licenses to it. One is linked to your Home Xbox, and the other is linked to your Xbox Live Gold Account. Each Xbox Live Gold Account can set only one Home Xbox. To gameshare, you need 2 Xboxes (Xbox A and Xbox B ). Go to Xbox A, sign in on your Xbox Live Gold Account. Go to the Xbox setting and set Xbox A as your Home Xbox for your Xbox Live Gold Account.

    Then you or ANY Xbox account (gold OR silver account) can log in on Xbox A and play ANY of your Xbox Gold Account's games. This will work when you are online or if you're offline, it doesn't matter because that Home Xbox has a license to each game you bought.

    You would then go over to Xbox B (which is not your account's Home Xbox) and log yourself in. Anywhere you go (as the person with an Xbox Gold Account), you have access to your library of games and can play them because your Xbox Live Gold Account also has a license to each game you bought. So, while anyone you want is on Xbox A (your Home Xbox), they can play your games. And while you're on Xbox B (or literally any Xbox in the world) you can still play your games even at the same time someone is playing your games on your Home Xbox).

    There is one caveat, you are limited in how many times you can change your Home Xbox location within a year. If you think you'll share your Home Xbox with multiple friends so each of them can play games with you throughout a year, you will end up locking your Home Xbox at one of those other Xboxes. I think you get 2 moves per year, but I'd have to go Google that to find out for sure.
  • Mishkin37
    707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LithosMike wrote: »
    This isn't as amazing as you're making it out to be. You're not making a clone copy of your game to give to someone else. You are limited to share your Gold Account and games with 1 other Xbox. It's already explained earlier in the thread, but if you're down here still not understanding:

    When you purchase a game, you own 2 licenses to it. One is linked to your Home Xbox, and the other is linked to your Xbox Live Gold Account. Each Xbox Live Gold Account can set only one Home Xbox. To gameshare, you need 2 Xboxes (Xbox A and Xbox B ). Go to Xbox A, sign in on your Xbox Live Gold Account. Go to the Xbox setting and set Xbox A as your Home Xbox for your Xbox Live Gold Account.

    Then you or ANY Xbox account (gold OR silver account) can log in on Xbox A and play ANY of your Xbox Gold Account's games. This will work when you are online or if you're offline, it doesn't matter because that Home Xbox has a license to each game you bought.

    You would then go over to Xbox B (which is not your account's Home Xbox) and log yourself in. Anywhere you go (as the person with an Xbox Gold Account), you have access to your library of games and can play them because your Xbox Live Gold Account also has a license to each game you bought. So, while anyone you want is on Xbox A (your Home Xbox), they can play your games. And while you're on Xbox B (or literally any Xbox in the world) you can still play your games even at the same time someone is playing your games on your Home Xbox).

    There is one caveat, you are limited in how many times you can change your Home Xbox location within a year. If you think you'll share your Home Xbox with multiple friends so each of them can play games with you throughout a year, you will end up locking your Home Xbox at one of those other Xboxes. I think you get 2 moves per year, but I'd have to go Google that to find out for sure.

    I don’t want to put words in the OP’s mouth, but it’s kind of amazing when you have kids, and you can purchase 1 copy instead of 2.
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LithosMike wrote: »
    There is one caveat, you are limited in how many times you can change your Home Xbox location within a year. If you think you'll share your Home Xbox with multiple friends so each of them can play games with you throughout a year, you will end up locking your Home Xbox at one of those other Xboxes. I think you get 2 moves per year, but I'd have to go Google that to find out for sure.

    It's currently at 5 switches per year. Unless they haven't updated their site yet.

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

  • LithosMike
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    LithosMike wrote: »
    This isn't as amazing as you're making it out to be. You're not making a clone copy of your game to give to someone else. You are limited to share your Gold Account and games with 1 other Xbox. It's already explained earlier in the thread, but if you're down here still not understanding:

    When you purchase a game, you own 2 licenses to it. One is linked to your Home Xbox, and the other is linked to your Xbox Live Gold Account. Each Xbox Live Gold Account can set only one Home Xbox. To gameshare, you need 2 Xboxes (Xbox A and Xbox B ). Go to Xbox A, sign in on your Xbox Live Gold Account. Go to the Xbox setting and set Xbox A as your Home Xbox for your Xbox Live Gold Account.

    Then you or ANY Xbox account (gold OR silver account) can log in on Xbox A and play ANY of your Xbox Gold Account's games. This will work when you are online or if you're offline, it doesn't matter because that Home Xbox has a license to each game you bought.

    You would then go over to Xbox B (which is not your account's Home Xbox) and log yourself in. Anywhere you go (as the person with an Xbox Gold Account), you have access to your library of games and can play them because your Xbox Live Gold Account also has a license to each game you bought. So, while anyone you want is on Xbox A (your Home Xbox), they can play your games. And while you're on Xbox B (or literally any Xbox in the world) you can still play your games even at the same time someone is playing your games on your Home Xbox).

    There is one caveat, you are limited in how many times you can change your Home Xbox location within a year. If you think you'll share your Home Xbox with multiple friends so each of them can play games with you throughout a year, you will end up locking your Home Xbox at one of those other Xboxes. I think you get 2 moves per year, but I'd have to go Google that to find out for sure.

    I don’t want to put words in the OP’s mouth, but it’s kind of amazing when you have kids, and you can purchase 1 copy instead of 2.

    Weird, I tried posting that yesterday, but it never showed up so I made a new reply. Now it shows up this morning, lol. Can't wait for the 3 other times I clicked post to finally come through.
  • Mishkin37
    707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LithosMike wrote: »
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    LithosMike wrote: »
    This isn't as amazing as you're making it out to be. You're not making a clone copy of your game to give to someone else. You are limited to share your Gold Account and games with 1 other Xbox. It's already explained earlier in the thread, but if you're down here still not understanding:

    When you purchase a game, you own 2 licenses to it. One is linked to your Home Xbox, and the other is linked to your Xbox Live Gold Account. Each Xbox Live Gold Account can set only one Home Xbox. To gameshare, you need 2 Xboxes (Xbox A and Xbox B ). Go to Xbox A, sign in on your Xbox Live Gold Account. Go to the Xbox setting and set Xbox A as your Home Xbox for your Xbox Live Gold Account.

    Then you or ANY Xbox account (gold OR silver account) can log in on Xbox A and play ANY of your Xbox Gold Account's games. This will work when you are online or if you're offline, it doesn't matter because that Home Xbox has a license to each game you bought.

    You would then go over to Xbox B (which is not your account's Home Xbox) and log yourself in. Anywhere you go (as the person with an Xbox Gold Account), you have access to your library of games and can play them because your Xbox Live Gold Account also has a license to each game you bought. So, while anyone you want is on Xbox A (your Home Xbox), they can play your games. And while you're on Xbox B (or literally any Xbox in the world) you can still play your games even at the same time someone is playing your games on your Home Xbox).

    There is one caveat, you are limited in how many times you can change your Home Xbox location within a year. If you think you'll share your Home Xbox with multiple friends so each of them can play games with you throughout a year, you will end up locking your Home Xbox at one of those other Xboxes. I think you get 2 moves per year, but I'd have to go Google that to find out for sure.

    I don’t want to put words in the OP’s mouth, but it’s kind of amazing when you have kids, and you can purchase 1 copy instead of 2.

    Weird, I tried posting that yesterday, but it never showed up so I made a new reply. Now it shows up this morning, lol. Can't wait for the 3 other times I clicked post to finally come through.

    Maybe the moderator is messing with you. This thread could be the next episode of Black Mirror.

  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dig this thread. It's become like a series to tune into daily to see what someone else has put because it should have been....... is this a thing? yes! How do I do it? Like this. okay, thank you! But it just keeps going and I smile everytime I see someone has added to it. While I see people saying "yes it's a thing get over it", I understand how someone can be so amazed and really confused that what is being relayed about gamesharing is legit. I thought it was pretty unrealiztic when I heard about it one fine day. And I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that somehow, Microsoft was thinking of families and the costs of gaming that they can incur and implemented this wonrderful thing called Gamesharing. It's like finding out Santa, wait, never mind. Anyway, it's a fun thread to visit each day :)
  • L3VI4TH4N
    5 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I gameshare with my adult son. We tag team back and forth on who buys the next game. He doesn’t pay for Live as that’s on my account and his Xbox is my home box.

    Setting this up is dead simple. 2 peeps (P1 & P2), 2 Xboxes (X1 & X2). P1 makes X2 their home Xbox. P2 makes X1 theirs. Done. Keep in mind to only do this with someone you 100% trust. If one changes their password it’ll break until they fix it on the home Xbox or if one of them sets a new home Xbox. Since we’re family there’s no issues sharing passwords if needed.

    Perorder stuff depends on the game. Destiny 1 & 2, BF1, some others we both got the extra content. BF5 did not do this. One of the first that I can remember.

    For the Destinys he had to log in as me. Download the extras, log off then back in as him. Done, extra content was there.
  • L3VI4TH4N
    5 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One other thing to add. If your gameshare partner logs in as you. You’ll be kicked off. Again coming back to the trust thing.
  • EXILE157
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aflag666 wrote: »
    I dig this thread. It's become like a series to tune into daily to see what someone else has put because it should have been....... is this a thing? yes! How do I do it? Like this. okay, thank you! But it just keeps going and I smile everytime I see someone has added to it. While I see people saying "yes it's a thing get over it", I understand how someone can be so amazed and really confused that what is being relayed about gamesharing is legit. I thought it was pretty unrealiztic when I heard about it one fine day. And I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that somehow, Microsoft was thinking of families and the costs of gaming that they can incur and implemented this wonrderful thing called Gamesharing. It's like finding out Santa, wait, never mind. Anyway, it's a fun thread to visit each day :)
    lol...I see.

    My main focus and concern was about the fact that you can Gameshare (1 Single Multiplayer BFV Account) and have (2 people playing online in a server at the same time and be able to create 2 different GUID under the same Origin Account)...But I kept getting everything about Gameshare and Gold Member Live Account and how it works. Too bad my kids doesn't like playing BF anymore, because of (Fortnite) I would have purchase BFV and actually find out for myself.

    At least I got some type of information.

  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EXILE157 wrote: »
    Aflag666 wrote: »
    I dig this thread. It's become like a series to tune into daily to see what someone else has put because it should have been....... is this a thing? yes! How do I do it? Like this. okay, thank you! But it just keeps going and I smile everytime I see someone has added to it. While I see people saying "yes it's a thing get over it", I understand how someone can be so amazed and really confused that what is being relayed about gamesharing is legit. I thought it was pretty unrealiztic when I heard about it one fine day. And I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that somehow, Microsoft was thinking of families and the costs of gaming that they can incur and implemented this wonrderful thing called Gamesharing. It's like finding out Santa, wait, never mind. Anyway, it's a fun thread to visit each day :)
    lol...I see.

    My main focus and concern was about the fact that you can Gameshare (1 Single Multiplayer BFV Account) and have (2 people playing online in a server at the same time and be able to create 2 different GUID under the same Origin Account)...But I kept getting everything about Gameshare and Gold Member Live Account and how it works. Too bad my kids doesn't like playing BF anymore, because of (Fortnite) I would have purchase BFV and actually find out for myself.

    At least I got some type of information.

    Dig it my friend. I think it's funny that so many were trying to help out but we seemed to be missing the point? Anywho, hopefully you've got the information you need. And thanks for inadvertantly creating such a fun thread! :)
Sign In or Register to comment.