Will BF1 still be playable, or will everyone jump ship to BFV?

Comments

• henbaoqian
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Battlefield 1 will stay there for a loooong time. BF V is basically failure, I cannot even look at this game - flat, paperlike, looking like young Jude Law, moving like komodo dragon characters. Annoying hipster drawing, I am sick of these beanies, mohawks, facial cover looking like, what is it, bandanas?? Plus, seems not finished game, look on some animations such as jumping over the wall, no sync in graphics. I played it during Beta and was shocked how bad that game felt. I do not even watch YT videos about it, it is painful.

But Ok, I will stop the rant here. BF 1 will be there, I noticed HUGE surge of noob players, lvls 2 or 10, shooting infantry from plane gun, reviving me next to enemy, taking tanks and camping 20 minutes near spawn area - yeap, lots of fun :) But they will learn and game will be live for next 2 years (unless developers spoil it on purpose)
  • bad2dbone2
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1 is already in the dump with cheaters using 3rd party software in their servers. You think EVERYONE going to jump into the frying pan and expect any difference with BFV. Vote with your wallet.
  • digga11
    737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Keep having a go at bfv but it just feels like hard work tbh so I’m back to bf1. If Dice throw the towel in with V they could always do a few maps for bf1 and make a few quid. Maybe updated classic maps from other Bf releases.
  • SlugSniper
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    digga11 wrote: »
    Keep having a go at bfv but it just feels like hard work tbh so I’m back to bf1. If Dice throw the towel in with V they could always do a few maps for bf1 and make a few quid. Maybe updated classic maps from other Bf releases.

I'm still holding onto the hope for the fronts they skipped over, like the Pacific, the Caucasus, the Balkans, Africa, the Allied Intervention in Russia, and maybe even the Easter Rising in Ireland.
  • One_Eyed_W1LLy
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I uninstalled BFV a couple of days ago, and came back to BF1. Its just so much more fun to play.
    BFV is just so full of bugs, and annoying 'design choices' its actually a chore to play it, and their 'patches' just seem to make things worse!
    BF1 Forever!
  • Moorlander
    63 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I uninstalled BFV a couple of days ago, and came back to BF1. Its just so much more fun to play.
    BFV is just so full of bugs, and annoying 'design choices' its actually a chore to play it, and their 'patches' just seem to make things worse!
    BF1 Forever!

I'm moving back to BF1 too.
  • RossP317
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Cleverer people than I will be able to confirm if there has been an up tick in BF1 players from one of the stats sites.

As far as I know, you can't get same data for BFV... which tells its own story.
  • DrkBlueXG
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I went back to BF1 yesterday and wow is it such a breath of fresh air compared to BF5. The game plays better and is just more fun in general.
  • SlugSniper
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The player population tracker for BF1 shows a couple of spikes in player count over the recent months. It's not dropping any lower, so that's a good sign.
  • henbaoqian
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    After 2 years in BF1, I played couple of rounds of War Pigeons. Not the first time but probably 2nd or 3rd . Wow, it is so much action in this mode that I lost 2 kgs or something :) BF1 is amazing game, damn, I am 44 and still like this kind of things. I am sure this game will live much much longer than some people think.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Had a full squad this evening on the Battlefield LFG discord ( http://discord.me/battlefieldlfg ). It was fun! Better teamplay then in BF V lol
  • digga11
    737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tbh Bfv is to me atm a twitchy campfest full of bugs that they don’t seem to know how to fix. Add in the fact that visibility is bad and players seem to meld into to the surroundings like predator at times.
    This all adds up and makes the game a chore to play tbh so I keep checking the update notes and play Bf1 which is a much better game visually and a joy to play.
    It just begs the question whilst I never wanted a ww2 clone of bf1 what went wrong and how did they end up in this mess.
  • robmcewen
    2883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I do hear the word chore a lot when people describe playing BFV.
  • creepNpeep
    711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still enjoying BF1. Haven't touched BF5 in weeks. All my friends are the same. Very disappointed in just about every aspect of BF5. Always loved and still love BF1.

Can still find many servers active even early morning on weekdays (don't these people have jobs? hehe)

Yeah, but hardly any hardcore servers 😩
  • CS-2107
    1542 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    karcyon wrote: »
    I actually went back to BF1 and play it almost exclusively now. I think a lot people did go back, game is very healthy.

I wonder what would happen if DICE would release a map for 3 dollars for BF1 and one for BFV. Would be interesting to see what would sell better... (obviously they can't/won't do that, but would be interesting)

I would be on the BF1 side and buy that map...
  • CS-2107
    1542 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    karcyon wrote: »
    I actually went back to BF1 and play it almost exclusively now. I think a lot people did go back, game is very healthy.

I wonder what would happen if DICE would release a map for 3 dollars for BF1 and one for BFV. Would be interesting to see what would sell better... (obviously they can't/won't do that, but would be interesting)

I would be on the BF1 side and buy that map...
  • nanananamimimimi
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    steambc wrote: »
    BFV doesn't look appealing to me at all
    Enjoy it as much as you can and I strongly suggest you to skip BF5 like everyone skipped hardline. Try to avoid watching low-end spam form L*velcup and and the guy jaw surgery "i-can't-chew-properly-my-foooooood" XD and you will have a good game.