What was it about Battlefield 3 that drew such a huge following at the time?

HawkeyeAM47
1317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
So, for you that dont remember, Battlefield 3 had such a huge community. I remember when i heard of it everyone would go on saying it was a strategic take on the FPS genre everyone would gonon how you could troll with the C4 and how the knifing was awesome aswell, tobtaking the enemies dogtags. So, many people at the time were creating youtube channels for Battlefield 3. So, what made that game so popular? Now lets not forget when every patcg came out the community would go nuts lol

Comments

• HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 21
    Well for one there was a fee beta at the time. So that drew in a big crowd including myself.
    Also CoD ghosts came out i think the same year, and it wasn't a big success so a lot of players looked into bf3 and loved it.
    Then there was the huge selection of firearms which was a big turn on for gun lovers. I was a big gun nut at the time so.

Thats how it was for me and many of my friends at least
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well for one there was a fee beta at the time. So that drew in a big crowd including myself.
    Also CoD ghosts came out i think the same year, and it wasn't a big success so a lot of players looked into bf3 and loved it.
    Then there was the huge selection of firearms which was a big turn on for gun lovers. I was a big gun nut at the time so.

I think it was Mw3 bri
  • Toxic_CA
    826 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People were getting tired of cod and wanted something different. Battlefield was the answer

Of course I remember everyone saying that bf3 was garbage. Especially when the first premium content dropped and it ended being an artbook. The amount of **** was endless

Then bf4 came out and all of the sudden bf4 wss terrible and bf4 was the greatest game ever made. Than bfh came out and then bf4 was the greatest battlefield ever made
  • HawkeyeAM47
    Toxic_CA wrote: »
    People were getting tired of cod and wanted something different. Battlefield was the answer

Of course I remember everyone saying that bf3 was garbage. Especially when the first premium content dropped and it ended being an artbook. The amount of **** was endless

Then bf4 came out and all of the sudden bf4 wss terrible and bf4 was the greatest game ever made. Than bfh came out and then bf4 was the greatest battlefield ever made

Basically sums it up perfectly, everybody was so but hurt after all the patches i remember how mad everyone was when the first patch dropped, and weapons were getting nerfed. So many angry people (I was one of them, especially when the Famas got nerfed lol) then the Premium content dropped, which mad alot of people mad too
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    295 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the online war with Modern Warfare 3... and in th end, MW3 was the more successful product, although BF3's legacy is much more pronounced.
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I think it was Mw3 bri

Oh you are right. Interesting. Mw3 was me and my friends most played cod so maybe its not exactly as i remember lol.
    Maybe im thinking of the bf4 launch.

I do remember having a blast on that open beta with friends. Buggy mess it was, it was definitely something different from the norm.