Support Class with prone only MMG too weak and not interesting

ZZZRonin
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
First of all, english is not my native language. Just my opinion, playing with MG-34, MG-42 or the last Vicker is very difficult task and not really fun. There are not being used often in the game. I know a patch will eventually resolve the bipod problem that can occur sometine, but staying prone without the ability to move or get up quickly makes us too vulnerable. Anyone with a good sight can eliminate you without any problem even if you are shooting at him (especially for more distant targets). In the history of war these weapons inspired a real fear on the battlefield and paralyzed many soldiers. I think that exceptionally for MMG that must be prone to be used (and like as we saw in BF3 and BF4), these MMGs should be able to exert a real suppression, and put a negative influence to the accuracy of the weapons used by the soldiers who are shot at. Thus a MG42 who fires at great distance to a sniper increases his chance to kill him because he would then remove a certain percentage of shooting accuracy to him. In the real life, these weapons were also used to shoot at very long distance because they were powerful. I do not see why we could not install 3x scope on it. Even with this tweak, users of MMG would still be vulnerable to fire from other soldiers who are not in their sight. Please feel free to comment ! Thank you

Comments

• Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My favourite part of them is the "Can I place my bipod on this object?" roulette. The answer is usually yes but only if you don't aim to the left or the right. If they were to just fix the wonky bipods they'd be fine because once you do get it down they are killing machines.

This is one of my favorite roulettes to play, especially when I am attempting it on some boxes that were recently blown apart by an explosion... the question being... should I have attempted to mount there in the 1st playce... getting sniped in the head while doing so was my answer haha
  • Shrediron
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ZZZRonin wrote: »
    First of all, english is not my native language. Just my opinion, playing with MG-34, MG-42 or the last Vicker is very difficult task and not really fun. There are not being used often in the game. I know a patch will eventually resolve the bipod problem that can occur sometine, but staying prone without the ability to move or get up quickly makes us too vulnerable. Anyone with a good sight can eliminate you without any problem even if you are shooting at him (especially for more distant targets). In the history of war these weapons inspired a real fear on the battlefield and paralyzed many soldiers. I think that exceptionally for MMG that must be prone to be used (and like as we saw in BF3 and BF4), these MMGs should be able to exert a real suppression, and put a negative influence to the accuracy of the weapons used by the soldiers who are shot at. Thus a MG42 who fires at great distance to a sniper increases his chance to kill him because he would then remove a certain percentage of shooting accuracy to him. In the real life, these weapons were also used to shoot at very long distance because they were powerful. I do not see why we could not install 3x scope on it. Even with this tweak, users of MMG would still be vulnerable to fire from other soldiers who are not in their sight. Please feel free to comment ! Thank you

^ x 100

MMG's should be the gnarliest, deadliest, weapons in the game. The nerf to them this last patch is a complete joke. No one fears a prone MMG target anymore, not that they ever did.

I will never understand why the guns took a nerf when one has to be in a static position, prone and easily susceptible to enemy fire. I mean the easiest targets to hit in the game are people who are prone. That trade off SHOULD ALLOW for the MMG to be a power house.

Frankly the 42 should be 1500 RPM with a 250 round clip with laser precision, AND introduce suppression to the enemy making their aim less. Its the only way to balance against being an easy head shot target. Sadly most people can't understand this.
  • kreepypriest
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most people who pick MMGs think they can run with the crowd..wrong..they’re defensive weapons..I’ve gotten loads of hate mail from zergers or the squad of platoon tag players that try and take my flag..the trick is to mow down a few people then move a little..they’ll always comeback for you and they’ll always bring friends..and lastly expect to be t-bagged when they finally get you.
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's crap. Better not use it.
  • Hawxxeye
    5168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Most people who pick MMGs think they can run with the crowd..wrong..they’re defensive weapons..I’ve gotten loads of hate mail from zergers or the squad of platoon tag players that try and take my flag..the trick is to mow down a few people then move a little..they’ll always comeback for you and they’ll always bring friends..and lastly expect to be t-bagged when they finally get you.

They were not a very good platoon then. They would had flanked/sniped/explosive-spammed/saturation attacked you to death if they were.
  • _WarriorSaint-xX
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    MMG's are very situational and require really good positioning and map knowledge. But when you get that down, you can absolutely mow people down with the MG42 (1200 rpm upgrade). That thing can basically kill people so quickly, that they did not even realize they were getting shot at until it's too late.
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My favourite part of them is the "Can I place my bipod on this object?" roulette. The answer is usually yes but only if you don't aim to the left or the right. If they were to just fix the wonky bipods they'd be fine because once you do get it down they are killing machines.

That's my big issue: will the bipod work. With how quick you can die, there's little time to sort out whether or not you can turn an inch to the left to hit the oncoming assault player, and most of the time your bipod says "nope" and you get gunned down.

Absolutely irritating.
  • TuxedoBanana279
    345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's harder for MMG users to prone out and spray?

Good.
  • Nesodos
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's harder for MMG users to prone out and spray?

Good.

Spray is still easy like before, its just a little bit less accurate.
    Aiming on the other hand is near useless now unless you use the right MMG setup
  • snakeater418
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The MMG's are good once they're properly bipodded. But other than that they suck. There's no reason they shouldn't be able to hip fire or ads while walking or running.
  • StorminNorman123
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the MMG's are way to heavy with massive recoil to hip fire or ADS.
  • dICEHOUSE
    551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The MMG's are good once they're properly bipodded. But other than that they suck. There's no reason they shouldn't be able to hip fire or ads while walking or running.

I love using MMG's "when"<- (key word), I can get off a few bipoded rounds and displace before I get torn to shreds by whoever I just pissed off. But what you said doesn't make any sense. I'm sure DICE was attempting at some level to keep it real. So, a guy running or even walking while laying down 50 high powered rounds @ 1200 rpm with a 25 pound, 4 foot long gun just isn't gonna happen unless its the Incredible Hulk. These forums would crash if this happened in game.

Just need to fix the bi pod lottery.
  • snakeater418
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not saying they need to be the same standing up as they are bipodded, but they should be at least a little more accurate. The only reason you can get any kill standing up is because of the sheer amount of bullets you can fire due to the high rof.

But it should also be noted that if you can tote around a lewis gun just fine then why not the mmg's?
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Suppression should be increased for support (in terms of dealing it).
  • WetIaM
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah the bipod only guns are not great. At a minimum DICE needs to give these guns a tighter hipfire since you cannot aims down sight fully. Also, making the bipod reduce recoil less was unfortunate. The MG42 went from a 7.5/10 as a gun to a 5/10 best case.
  • DaHuntzMen
    282 postsUnconfirmed, Member, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MMGs are weak? That's funny, all you need to do is learn to aim and learn flanks and be more situational aware.
  • kreepypriest
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    [

They were not a very good platoon then. They would had flanked/sniped/explosive-spammed/saturation attacked you to death if they were.
    Nope they weren’t..they did ptfo hard my home flag and never capped it thou..those are the players who come here and whine about prone
    MMG users and campers.

• Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IMHO the benefits of MMG's dont justify their stipulation of only being able to ADS while bipod. outside of frontlines and grand operation on defensive you just can't always count on being able to sit still in one fixed place all the time. If you really wanna shoot lots of bullets you can easilly just grab the Lewis Gun with the extended mag and have fun. While still retaining the ability to ADS.

Sure mowing down 4-5+ people in one go is fun however that is the exception not the norm. In most cases players aren't stupid enough to run out in the open to all be mowed down by a MMG. Or if anything one of them will spot you and kill you being you're stationary.
  • XxCHAOS315xX
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 22
    It's a risk/reward thing. You're very vulnerable while on the move but when set up in a decent position you are able to put out almost unmatched firepower. I'm so sick of people moaning about this game wanting every class to be good at everything. Different classes are for different roles and excel at different things. That's the whole point of having separate classes. If they all did the same thing there would only need to be one class. It would be called soldier I guess. And I dont wanna hear about assault being as good as recon at long range. They cant get one hit kills and can shoot accurately at much longer range than assault.