I've just reached Rank 50 and there's nothing to keep me playing

NowhereManPG
15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
And this after only 40 hours. This game is a buggy, incomplete mess that was dead on arrival and there's nothing €A can do to change it. Bad Company 3 when?

Comments

• TuxedoBanana279
    346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm rank 50, and what I do is try to gold the guns that I like the most and complete service assignments. But the fun of playing and communicating with a squad also keeps me playing.
  • Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What took you so long?
  • Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Reaching level 50 is not all that's left.
    Have you leveled all the guns to 10? All gold weapons and assignments done? Have you achieved all the medals and dogtags?

reaching level 50 isn't the end of leveling.
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All yours classes on level 20?

I suppose no...
  • 5bulletsSLR
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    don't try the assignment, stupid as ****, go prone and get xx kills, most **** design ever
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's capped at 50 so new players do not feel too intimidated..
  • Popa2caps
    580 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Have you leveled all the guns to 10? All gold weapons and assignments done? Have you achieved all the medals and dogtags?

Who the hell plays Battlefield to gain a dog tag or medal?
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t understand posts like this. Are you saying you only played because of your homework assignment? Why would you even play if that is the only reason. If you are not playing for the pure fun of it, I would strongly recommend finding a game that is fun for you.

I play for the fun but i do like to complete challenges also simply because it can introduce me to a new weapon or class that I may have not really given a chance too. Plus I feel like it keeps the game fresh because you have to learn new ways of playing so you dont run into stale gameplay so quickly. I find playing the most popular meta can give you a edge if used properly but becomes boring quickly because it limits my play style. I like the fact that all classes are rank 20 and all guns are fully specialized and vehicles are probably 30-40% specialized.
  • NowhereManPG
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All yours classes on level 20?

I suppose no...

Why would I level up useless classes like medic or support?
  • Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Popa2caps wrote: »

Who the hell plays Battlefield to gain a dog tag or medal?

I do. I like to achieve the medals.

I could also say who plays for rank? Dont even have to work for that just spend enough time in game. Medals are in game achievements.
  • Vinotauro
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just try to get better. Lol @ fake progression systems
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm here to kill/win/have fun. I don't care about the progression system at all.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And this after only 40 hours. This game is a buggy, incomplete mess that was dead on arrival and there's nothing €A can do to change it. Bad Company 3 when?

So you don't play a game to have fun, you play because of a meaningless imaginary rank...?
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    I remember when people played battlefield purely because it was fun and not to chase pointless carrots.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm rank 50, and what I do is try to gold the guns that I like the most and complete service assignments. But the fun of playing and communicating with a squad also keeps me playing.

Golding weapons is nearly pointless. Gold weapons are stupid as all get out and a horrible reward for maxing a weapon. The weapons also look like trash in the gear screens. Mint is nice, but that is about it.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I remember when people played battlefield purely because it was fun and not to chase pointless carrots.

Yeah, it's not really that fun though. There are only 8 maps over half of them are small, and the game is an unpolished mess. I remember when games were released not in the middle of a heart attack.
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »

Golding weapons is nearly pointless. Gold weapons are stupid as all get out and a horrible reward for maxing a weapon. The weapons also look like trash in the gear screens. Mint is nice, but that is about it.

It's a nice gimmick where like they could do gold gun day once a year but I agree, I always cringe when I see them on the BF. There's a reason I don't play COD and one of them is so I don't have to suffer gazing upon gold plated guns.