Poor Visibility experiment.."video"

Comments

  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    S_Markt wrote: »
    loud and clear: lying around in the dirt has got nothing to do with skillbased gameplay. a shooter shall not be missused by players who are only successfull because they do nothing but lying around. this might be more realistic, but this is a game and it shall have mechanics that shall reward competitive playstile.

    Well whos fault is it that so many players can't seem to find a good way to react to a random enemy "laying around in the dirt"? Seems like the ones with the "competitive playstyle" think they can just charge in and use reflexes to save the day, but that doesn't work everytime.

    Its not ww1 anymore, we can stop charging straight into machine gun fire now! I see so many players that seem to just run towards or sometimes even right into bullets and tracers flying.

    Even when im crawling through mud or behind cover taking fire, my squad mates will usually spawn on me, stand up, start running god knows where and die. Its ok to stop and take cover, i guess that's "camping" nowadays, but isn't it better than dying?
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If the game has mostly casuals and cheaters on pc, wouldn't people expect this? With PC, it really depends with the graphical menu each person sets for their game. Test this on consoles for a real test.
  • Woodlbrad
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well most of the player base is trash and pretty much useless teammates this doesn't surprise me.
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

    That's the problem. You can't.

    Well then I'm sorry you aren't having fun playing the game and I hope DICE changes it so that you can.

  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shrediron wrote: »
    The people that argue that there is not enough visibility in game are utterly clueless.

    We wear camo for a reason. THANK DICE that they got something right about BFV.

    I for one support our hidden overlords!

    I think that is the main "issue" : Camo in this game is VERY GOOD.
    On the same map as the video starts (Devastation) I ran and never saw a guy laying in the middle of a pile of rocks and he shot me dead... I chalked it up to me being fixated on getting to where I was going and the fact that his camo made him invisible (worked as intended).
    On other maps though, like Arras, I would have seen him because some camo (washed out grey) works on gray maps like Devastation, but works less on wooded maps with lots of color (like Arras)
  • trip1ex
    4690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

    That's the problem. You can't.

    Well then I'm sorry you aren't having fun playing the game and I hope DICE changes it so that you can.

    Maybe now you see the issue. Some people don't find the game fun because it is so campy.

    But ultimately sales determine everything. And so if sales remain poor by their standards then at least we'll see a change with BF6.

    IF the kids and the campers like this game and it turns around then we'll see the same thing next BF game.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »

    That's the problem. You can't.

    Well then I'm sorry you aren't having fun playing the game and I hope DICE changes it so that you can.

    Maybe now you see the issue. Some people don't find the game fun because it is so campy.

    But ultimately sales determine everything. And so if sales remain poor by their standards then at least we'll see a change with BF6.

    IF the kids and the campers like this game and it turns around then we'll see the same thing next BF game.

    Some people don't want fast arcade run n gun.

    This is why we have more than one game mode.

  • DaHenner
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    S_Markt wrote: »
    loud and clear: lying around in the dirt has got nothing to do with skillbased gameplay. a shooter shall not be missused by players who are only successfull because they do nothing but lying around. this might be more realistic, but this is a game and it shall have mechanics that shall reward competitive playstile.

    I think CoD is the right game for you.
    Rushing through the map and expecting not to be shot at is not competitive playstyle.
    LMGs and MMGs are not made for hipfire rushing but to provide cover fire. You call it misuse cause it kills you, how funny.
  • LoneGunman74
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF5 is a camper's wet dream. Maybe I'll try camping to rack up more kills. If you can't beat them, join them.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DaHenner wrote: »
    S_Markt wrote: »
    loud and clear: lying around in the dirt has got nothing to do with skillbased gameplay. a shooter shall not be missused by players who are only successfull because they do nothing but lying around. this might be more realistic, but this is a game and it shall have mechanics that shall reward competitive playstile.

    I think CoD is the right game for you.
    Rushing through the map and expecting not to be shot at is not competitive playstyle.
    LMGs and MMGs are not made for hipfire rushing but to provide cover fire. You call it misuse cause it kills you, how funny.

    It's funny you say that seeing as you played BF3,4,and 1 which were All run n gun oriented including Hardline.
    And they were All very much still Competitive.
    Also, using COD as an insult is no longer viable since COD has been stealing ideas and features from other shooters including BF for years.
    COD now , has the longer time to kill where BF has the shorter time to kill. (Who's COD now?)
    A shorter time to kill (Like all past Cods) has always fit the run n gun style of play with quick reflexes.

    Some people on these forums don't want to admit it but this game has an identity crisis........it doesn't know whether it wants to be a run n gun style game or a camper friendly paradise. And it shows with how unbalanced classes are in terms of weapon choices and movement mechanics that either suit faster gunplay or some dude sitting in a Bush or on top of rocks the whole game.
    I guarantee you this is one of the main reasons why the Dragging mechanic hasn't been implemented.
    Imagine trying to drag someone to safety while being shot at by someone you can't see with this fast ttk........it would be a death sentence. Players would soon realise it's a waste and would no longer use this feature just like
    Most Medics already don't revive, nor does Hardly anyone "especially Support " build Ammo or Med stations.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF4's ttk says hi.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF5 is a camper's wet dream. Maybe I'll try camping to rack up more kills. If you can't beat them, join them.

    In truth, it's really more of a squadplay game. Squads that move together can resupply, heal, revive, spot, and have anti-armor capabilities.

    Random camper in corner drops one of you...he gets killed, first person gets revived - continue moving.

    If you think "camping is OP" in this game, you're probably a lone wolf.
  • trip1ex
    4690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    BF5 is a camper's wet dream. Maybe I'll try camping to rack up more kills. If you can't beat them, join them.

    In truth, it's really more of a squadplay game. Squads that move together can resupply, heal, revive, spot, and have anti-armor capabilities.

    Random camper in corner drops one of you...he gets killed, first person gets revived - continue moving.

    If you think "camping is OP" in this game, you're probably a lone wolf.

    Yep not camping isn't OP because 4 guys in a tight squad can beat 1 camper. Say what??!?!?




  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    munkt0r wrote: »
    BF5 is a camper's wet dream. Maybe I'll try camping to rack up more kills. If you can't beat them, join them.

    In truth, it's really more of a squadplay game. Squads that move together can resupply, heal, revive, spot, and have anti-armor capabilities.

    Random camper in corner drops one of you...he gets killed, first person gets revived - continue moving.

    If you think "camping is OP" in this game, you're probably a lone wolf.

    Yep not camping isn't OP because 4 guys in a tight squad can beat 1 camper. Say what??!?!?




    My point is that the only people worrying about "campers" are lone wolf players. It is clear that the design of the game is to encourage squadplay > *.

    Do you disagree? Do you feel that squads are really concerned with campers/camping or that it's mostly solo players that have the issue?
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    munkt0r wrote: »
    BF5 is a camper's wet dream. Maybe I'll try camping to rack up more kills. If you can't beat them, join them.

    In truth, it's really more of a squadplay game. Squads that move together can resupply, heal, revive, spot, and have anti-armor capabilities.

    Random camper in corner drops one of you...he gets killed, first person gets revived - continue moving.

    If you think "camping is OP" in this game, you're probably a lone wolf.

    Yep not camping isn't OP because 4 guys in a tight squad can beat 1 camper. Say what??!?!?




    My point is that the only people worrying about "campers" are lone wolf players. It is clear that the design of the game is to encourage squadplay > *.

    Do you disagree? Do you feel that squads are really concerned with campers/camping or that it's mostly solo players that have the issue?

    You aren't wrong.
  • trip1ex
    4690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    munkt0r wrote: »
    BF5 is a camper's wet dream. Maybe I'll try camping to rack up more kills. If you can't beat them, join them.

    In truth, it's really more of a squadplay game. Squads that move together can resupply, heal, revive, spot, and have anti-armor capabilities.

    Random camper in corner drops one of you...he gets killed, first person gets revived - continue moving.

    If you think "camping is OP" in this game, you're probably a lone wolf.

    Yep not camping isn't OP because 4 guys in a tight squad can beat 1 camper. Say what??!?!?




    My point is that the only people worrying about "campers" are lone wolf players. It is clear that the design of the game is to encourage squadplay > *.

    Do you disagree? Do you feel that squads are really concerned with campers/camping or that it's mostly solo players that have the issue?

    I think the only thing your example shows is 4 is better than 1.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    munkt0r wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    munkt0r wrote: »
    BF5 is a camper's wet dream. Maybe I'll try camping to rack up more kills. If you can't beat them, join them.

    In truth, it's really more of a squadplay game. Squads that move together can resupply, heal, revive, spot, and have anti-armor capabilities.

    Random camper in corner drops one of you...he gets killed, first person gets revived - continue moving.

    If you think "camping is OP" in this game, you're probably a lone wolf.

    Yep not camping isn't OP because 4 guys in a tight squad can beat 1 camper. Say what??!?!?




    My point is that the only people worrying about "campers" are lone wolf players. It is clear that the design of the game is to encourage squadplay > *.

    Do you disagree? Do you feel that squads are really concerned with campers/camping or that it's mostly solo players that have the issue?

    I think the only thing your example shows is 4 is better than 1.

    So that's a NO to the direct question of "Do you feel that squads are really concerned with campers/camping or that it's mostly solo players that have the issue?"

    4 people can camp together in the same area btw. Not sure if you're aware of that or not. A balanced squad of people playing the objective together don't really care about that either. They find it to be free/easy kills.
  • SirTerrible
    1689 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's kinda true. When I play in a 4 man pre-made squad I'll get popped by a camper, call out his position, watch him die within half a second, then get revived. Playing solo that death is permanent 99% of the time. Typically in Battlefield playing with a squad was a way to add to your fun, in BFV playing with a squad is mandatory just to have any fun. Lol.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's kinda true. When I play in a 4 man pre-made squad I'll get popped by a camper, call out his position, watch him die within half a second, then get revived. Playing solo that death is permanent 99% of the time. Typically in Battlefield playing with a squad was a way to add to your fun, in BFV playing with a squad is mandatory just to have any fun. Lol.

    I do think you have a bit of a point there with your final statement.

    I'm not trying to minimize the solo player's gripes in any way, honestly. I'm merely positing that the dev's attempts to put more focus on squadplay in this game, well...worked. Now we have a situation where it's really damned difficult to have a good time if you're not running with your squad and sometimes the squads you get randomly put into have zero intention of playing together.

    This together puts more emphasis on 4-man mic'd up squads, likely already friends in a party chat.

    It is no surprise so many players are reacting negatively to this as they'd prefer to be able to be highly effective on the battlefield even while not playing with their friends (or even the randos in a squad).

    This is turn LEADS them to believe they need to hold back more and camp, as running out into the open to a objective often ends in a death post a 20-30 second jog.

    It isn't that the game itself is "campy" it's that so many solo players feel there is no other way to get kills without high chance of death.

    This protracts the overall combat and battlefield in general, and the people playing with their squad don't even seem to notice or care all that much. This is the core of the current disagreement imo.

    Lone wolf players vs squads.
Sign In or Register to comment.