Tanks vs footsteps

Redstripe101
2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Great job, now feet are louder than tanks. Never new a tracked vehicle could just sneak up on things. Hopefully you can bring back the sound drop bug so its not as noticeable?

Comments

• fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    From inside a tank, you can hear enemies trying to flank you far before they are visible or in cqb range. I think this is a bit much since i already get 3rd person view on my side.

Idk if there's a way to make footsteps quieter when you're in a vehicle but i think it would be a nice balancing factor to help infantry flank them.
  • DukeSan27
    1105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    From inside a tank, you can hear enemies trying to flank you far before they are visible or in cqb range. I think this is a bit much since i already get 3rd person view on my side.

Idk if there's a way to make footsteps quieter when you're in a vehicle but i think it would be a nice balancing factor to help infantry flank them.

Wait, now you can hear footsteps now in first person view in a Tank?
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DukeSan27 wrote: »

no, i meant as infantry, i can hear footsteps from across the map but not a tank at idle 4 meters away.
  • BSPlissken
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not surprising, good to see EA puts out a fire with gasoline.
  • TuxedoBanana279
    345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

With a single assault player able to disable a tank with a few "peek and shoots" with a panzerfaust, I will take all the help I can get when I'm in a tank.
  • inpham0usV1
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, I get snuck up on by tanks more than people now. How does that make any sense...
  • Redstripe101
    Yeah, I get snuck up on by tanks more than people now. How does that make any sense...

its funny you mention this because if you have a chance, lay down next to a friendly tank and look at the suppresion it causes while ADS, but that mechanic is non existent with enemy tanks.

either way, the ground should rumble, and there should be very audible tank noise even at idle but much more so if the tracks are moving too.
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's fine, you can hear people coming good for killing flanking enemies.
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They will tone down the footsteps in the next patche.

Before is too quietly, now is too loud. They are looking for something in the middle.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They will tone down the footsteps in the next patche.

Before is too quietly, now is too loud. They are looking for something in the middle.

Source for this?
  • full951
    2407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    while I do appreciate super human hearing, the sound balance is off. I have faith they will fix it... I hope the sound team is on it.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1763 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Was the same in BF1. Get killed by a tank only to see it's main gun was literally up your rear end and you couldnt hear a thing.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am not sure footsteps where to silent before, more like inconsistent.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    561 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    Great job, now feet are louder than tanks. Never new a tracked vehicle could just sneak up on things. Hopefully you can bring back the sound drop bug so its not as noticeable?

Yes it really is ridiculous. Damn feet beating the decibels of diesel and benzin engines.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    DukeSan27 wrote: »

Yes you can. Who in his right mind would even consider making footsteps that loud and so easy to track? Yep footsteps were inconsitent sometimes, but by far loud enough. I can't understand why DICE tries to reinvent the wheel with every Game... I think tracking soldiers via sound worked very good in BF4, so why not building up on that? Instead DICE keeps on tweaking for months until they find middle ground. Cause they can't release a client side hotfix for not game breaking issues, due to console limitations :D
    Post edited by IDirtY_SeCreT on
  • Singe1989
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I tell what I have noticed whilst playing in a Tank is that when you start rolling the tracks sound familiar to footsteps which a complete put off and cannot tell if it is a player or tracks.