This game is a sinking ship. The deluxe content is utterly embarrassing.

Comments

• BtheReaper49
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DrunkwoIf wrote: »
    the writing was on the wall in beta, people need to open their eyes and take off the homer glasses. These ARE NOT battlefield games.

Agreed...agreed. i should have known better
  • DieHarder55
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I learned my lesson with BF4. I never pay for even the basic price of the game. I learned back then it only takes about two months for the price to drop for the holiday rush.

I didn't even pay for this one. It was a gift but I made sure it was bought at the $30 price by the giftor.

I still enjoying the Battlefield, even BF5. Just not at the level I used to enjoy.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Of course they didn't want to tell us what we'd be buying up front (i.e. crappy weapon skins for a couple of guns). If they went with full disclosure nobody would have bought the Deluxe upfront. Just a total sucker scam. And even without the skins and just paying for the Deluxe for early acess- WOW...we got early access to a game full of bugs. Not again though....no way! Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Yes, honestly it was a pretty crappy scam all told, and that is the main point of this thread. The scam is just a cherry on top of the massive dump EA likes to routinely take on its fans all in the name of greed.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

COD WW2 was two spots below BFV on 2018 NPD LOL.
  • oec1988
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The only thing disappoints me is in every single matches or servers in Asia region, there will be 1-2 hackers in the game.

Hackers in Asia server? That is normal! - EA/DICE
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Of course they didn't want to tell us what we'd be buying up front (i.e. crappy weapon skins for a couple of guns). If they went with full disclosure nobody would have bought the Deluxe upfront. Just a total sucker scam. And even without the skins and just paying for the Deluxe for early acess- WOW...we got early access to a game full of bugs. Not again though....no way! Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Yes, honestly it was a pretty crappy scam all told, and that is the main point of this thread. The scam is just a cherry on top of the massive dump EA likes to routinely take on its fans all in the name of greed.

You know it absolutely is in effect a scam to the poor souls who bought it in good faith but the thing is I don't think anyone at DICE is there twiddling their thumbs coming up with ways to screw over the consumer, I think it's just sheer incompetence. The person in charge of putting together the Deluxe bundle just didn't know wtf they were doing. The leadership is ineffectual and the environment there is likely undisciplined and unfocused judging by the output. No sense of urgency and no consequences for failure. And until they get some serious competition they can keep doing what has always worked for them: Do whatever we need to do to get them to open their wallets and not a thing more. Fix a few things while breaking some more all the while keeping the hope alive that things will get better. Why make a game 95% bug free when one that is 65% sells just as well since you have a monopoly on large scale combined arms military FPS. The complainers can have their 200 UV cathartic post to Reddit but at the end of the day they've got to keep coming back to DICE if they want their fix.
  • Khronikos
    rainkloud wrote: »

You know it absolutely is in effect a scam to the poor souls who bought it in good faith but the thing is I don't think anyone at DICE is there twiddling their thumbs coming up with ways to screw over the consumer, I think it's just sheer incompetence. The person in charge of putting together the Deluxe bundle just didn't know wtf they were doing. The leadership is ineffectual and the environment there is likely undisciplined and unfocused judging by the output. No sense of urgency and no consequences for failure. And until they get some serious competition they can keep doing what has always worked for them: Do whatever we need to do to get them to open their wallets and not a thing more. Fix a few things while breaking some more all the while keeping the hope alive that things will get better. Why make a game 95% bug free when one that is 65% sells just as well since you have a monopoly on large scale combined arms military FPS. The complainers can have their 200 UV cathartic post to Reddit but at the end of the day they've got to keep coming back to DICE if they want their fix.

I think failing to outsell a 2017 COD game is pretty serious competition all told.
  • optimummurder
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    https://old.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/ahgolb/weekly_reminder_that_we_spent_20_extra_for_deluxe/

I honestly had no idea they even started giving out deluxe edition content. It turns out there really is no content, and the whole game is a complete farce.

Little did I know I have already been getting the deluxe content in the form of useless parts of skins for a complete gun. It's horrible. It's so bad I did not even notice it. Some random skins that look like they were put together in 5 minutes. No, they were put together in five minutes.

This is honestly the last game I will buying from Dice or EA in the near future. No questions asked. This BS has been done to their fans TWO times in a row with Star Wars and now BFV, both games hideously unfinished, nearly broken in parts, and with no seemingly solid foundation for the future.

Nope. It's over people. You can play this til your eyes bleed for all I care. I got better things to do with my life. I noticed when I booted up for the Tides mission how happy I was that it seemed really easy to get the gun because I am not sure I can fathom devoting more than an hour to the game at a time. Not even sure I care about getting the weapon. There doesn't seem to be a future for this game.

If people somehow think battle royale months late is going to save this game, you are out of your minds. Customization in this game is laughably inane, and there is no way in hell I would ever support these devs or their overlords with anything past the 40 I spent on their horrid deluxe edition.

I know the hardcore I do nothing with my life but play BF guys are going to keep trucking, but at this point I can't see this game surviving into the next holiday season much less into the summer unless their DLC stuff is utterly amazing.

And why would it be? Where is the funding for this? They already rushed this game out on the barest budget possible trying to compete with COD. They failed. They failed with Star Wars, a game that still has hardly any new maps, a game where heroes are still imbalanced. Star Wars is getting some fixes again well over a year after release.

Sorry but some people have better things to do. I did play this game a lot at first, but it's been pretty clear this is just not a polished game worth my time, and there are 9000 other things to do with my life.

My question is why do people keep supporting EA and their unfinished garbage? Is it because of pew pew addiction? Going by hours alone BF players are some of the most addicted players in gaming outside of LoL and stuff like that. But why? Where is the fun in this horribly balanced game? What is the payoff?

**** amazing review no this they have failed us as a community. Inused to speak so highly of this game.
  • Khronikos
    And I did buy COD WW2 in reaction to my boredom with this WW2 game. After watching some film, I was looking into wanting to see the great art Dice creates for WW2. And some of the maps truly are amazing looking. Some of them are great maps. It's just the whole thing seems super unpolished, unfinished, and in this industry these corps just pass over games like this for next year. That's how it works, and I can't be bothered much anymore.

WW2 is a good game, but it doesn't have the feel of BF at all, so BF did have the chance to knock our socks off. EA instead chose greed and rushing the game out when it should have come out in 2019.

This is the problem. We have to stop supporting this kind of greed. Kinda hard to do when a game press gives a totally unfinished game 80s on metacritic.

It really makes you think about reviews, the industry, and the media surrounding it all.

This game really should have just released in 2019. EA is the heart of the cancer here. Constant growth constant cash influx. No matter what.

Can you honestly see yourself getting BF 2019 with all this happening?

Maybe. But I will definitely be looking at the map count, the beta, et cetera. And not believing much from first reactions and the core community that does nothing but play this game.
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I think failing to outsell a 2017 COD game is pretty serious competition all told.

I would consider COD an indirect competitor. Yes the theme is closely related but in no way shape or form are you getting the same fix playing COD.
  • Khronikos

I would consider COD an indirect competitor. Yes the theme is closely related but in no way shape or form are you getting the same fix playing COD.

It's the same general community of shooter enthusiasts man. They are in direct competition lol. And I am getting a decent fix from playing some infantry combat in that game. Not the same at all, but it's a general gun combat game.
  • Khronikos
    edited January 23
    I booted the game up, got in one game of this new squad conquest with like 10 players or something and just shut the game off. I just don't have any inclination to play it anymore. I don't want to play Dice's crappy modes to get guns I will never use. In fact, I don't think I need to play this at all. There is no point. In and out. Quick 40 dollar split like a junkie lol. I had my fun. This game is not worth more than the hours I spent on it.

If they ever get around to releasing a map or two maybe. By then they might have something.

Oh and fire your UI designer. This game is a trainwreck and one of the ugliest most horrifying UI experiences I have ever had. It's like some pop tween's vision of a WW2 shooter UI.
    Post edited by Khronikos on
  • CHAMMOND1992
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I had my fun. This game is not worth more than the hours I spent on it.

You convey that you value your time, yet keep wasting it by playing the game only to critique it further and let us all know about it after each update. How many times do you have to say, "I'm done" to finally break up your relationship with this game? I honestly want to help you manage your time that you seemingly value. Why haven't you turned the game in already?
  • Khronikos

You convey that you value your time, yet keep wasting it by playing the game only to critique it further and let us all know about it after each update. How many times do you have to say, "I'm done" to finally break up your relationship with this game? I honestly want to help you manage your time that you seemingly value. Why haven't you turned the game in already?

Turned the game in? My digital deluxe? As if I would buy a piece of plastic to lay around the house for this game. If I had to insert a disc for this game I truly would never play it.

To be honest I just have this thread here. I don't play the game. Haven't in two weeks or so. Not much on the horizon either.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My question is why do people keep supporting EA and their unfinished garbage?
    This game has changed me and the way I spend my money.
    I don't pre-order anymore.
    I don't believe any rational thinking person would buy a new Battlefield game again before it is 6 months old if they have a few things about this franchise explained to them.
    They can take their 'tradition' of buggy unfinished lacking in content full of promises new releases and stuff them.
    I still want my $120 back, I can re-buy this game much cheaper instantly. Never in my life have I been so insulted for buying something.

• CHAMMOND1992
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Turned the game in? My digital deluxe? As if I would buy a piece of plastic to lay around the house for this game. If I had to insert a disc for this game I truly would never play it.

To be honest I just have this thread here. I don't play the game. Haven't in two weeks or so. Not much on the horizon either.

lol I'm pretty sure we both know what's on the horizon in terms of your involvement with this game and franchise.
  • Khronikos

lol I'm pretty sure we both know what's on the horizon in terms of your involvement with this game and franchise.

Yeah, which is hey what do you have for me that costs 40 and under preferably 20 and under...
  • Khronikos
    My question is why do people keep supporting EA and their unfinished garbage?
    This game has changed me and the way I spend my money.
    I don't pre-order anymore.
    I don't believe any rational thinking person would buy a new Battlefield game again before it is 6 months old if they have a few things about this franchise explained to them.
    They can take their 'tradition' of buggy unfinished lacking in content full of promises new releases and stuff them.
    I still want my $120 back, I can re-buy this game much cheaper instantly. Never in my life have I been so insulted for buying something.

I would not doubt it. After Star Wars and this game you have to be a hardcore fan to spend 80 or more dollars on a preorder from this company. No doubt about it. I had some fun with the game, but sadly this just isn't one I will be sticking with. Might play the campaign if I get really super duper bored I guess.
  • suffice_ls
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    After Star Wars and this game

Don't forget Titanfall 2! -- Sure, not a DICE game, but still an EA game.

• LinkZeppeloyd
    700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    *Shrugs*

I'm still having fun with the game.

There's plenty work to be done, but I don't find it to be this disaster some of you guys are making it out to be, either.

The core gameplay is, for the most part, outstanding.

Well, was, until the Footstepocalypse patch.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!