Panzerstorm: the best map in BFV?

Tullzter
1075 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Panzerstorm in my opinion is one of the best Battlefield maps to have surfaced in recent years.

it has everything: Lots of room to maneuver and flank, some great hidden avenues of approach for infantry as well as tanks and lots of sneaky points to set up deadly ambushes

And finally, using the transport vehicles, towing cannons makes complete sense in this map and actually serve a purpose.

it just seems to me, that everything comes together exactly as it should on this map, you've got your infantry attacking the flag and taking out enemy fighters in the hangars and buildings and then you have the armor flanking and covering infantry and engaging other armor. you've got your airforce up above scouting and providing support to friendlies below.

the sense of scale is pretty amazing and advancing through the map just feels like you're really at war.

is it a tank map? an infantry map? a bit of both actually, focused equally on both. and that's why i think it's so good.
(but then again this is only my opinion)

Comments

• Kattegat_Twin
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love that map. I often find myself looking for a server that's currently playing Rotterdam, so that I can get a full match on Panzerstorm. I really hope we get more maps like that. Huge battlefields is what Battlefield should be about.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1418 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah i had a thread about this. Others feel the same. It's a popular map folks waiting in queues to get in, including me. We need many more maps like Panzerstorm. Normandy with all the hedgerows, Battle of Kursk, Kasserine Pass, Battle of the Bulge (which could be this map in the winter). Would be great stuff.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    It's too wide open and vehicle-oriented to be the best map. It doesn't play well as infantry at all, and the severe lack of Medics means non-squad revives are rare.

I think Arias and Twisted Steel have a much better balance overall, and are simply more fun to play regardless of your class/vehicle.
  • DaMutha1
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Twisted Steel is a pile of doodoo
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe not "the best" but one of the really good ones.
    It definitely gives me proper WW2 feelings though.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    Depends if you like playing with tanks, I do not in this game as the tank = [email protected] If you don't manage to spawn in a vehicle I'm not running for miles to get some action. I removed this map from my advanced search list - least favourite
  • Broliszibaila
    277 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    Yes. This map gives ability to think which flags you are going to hold, how attack, which place is good for AT guns and so on. Conquest maps should be allways big, not small maps from Deathmatches.
  • trip1ex
    4657 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    Mixed. It reminds me of old maps. Breath of fresh air. This size of map was missing from BF1.

But the hard to see enemy gets to me. Unlike old maps, it feels like you constantly have to keep your head down or be pegged off from some unknown location. A lot of tank camping. You can shoot from so far away in a tank and fairly accurately.

A lot of the map is the usual arena fishbowl map: the whole 3 flags in the middle close together with slopes on either side.

Also the fun of driving vehicles isn't what it was because of the dumb animations. And going into a flag zone, like where that church is, and trying to locate that lone enemy and coming out alive is too much of a chore.
  • BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Depends if you like playing with tanks, I do not in this game as the tank = [email protected] If you don't manage to spawn in a vehicle I'm not running for miles to get some action. I removed this map from my advanced search list - least favourite

There are transport vehicles at the spawn and every flag.
  • BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's too wide open and vehicle-oriented to be the best map. It doesn't play well as infantry at all, and the severe lack of Medics means non-squad revives are rare.

I think Arias and Twisted Steel have a much better balance overall, and are simply more fun to play regardless of your class/vehicle.

Wide-open maps and vehicle-oriented gameplay are the main features that set BF apart from CoD.
  • BackAquiles
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i think this is not best map, but is a good map so far
  • snakeater418
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's all right, a little too open in some places for my tastes for infantry play. If you prefer tanks it's awesome. But you still need support to take objectives. Worst feature for me is that if you get spawn trapped there's not a lot of hope to sneak by the enemies.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1418 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BigWyrm wrote: »

Wide-open maps and vehicle-oriented gameplay are the main features that set BF apart from CoD.

It always has. But what happened was the Infinite Warfail debacle brought a lot of COD fans here, and DICE decided to make the game more to COD like play with small congested maps. That didn't work very well, obviously.

I saw some reports of changes going on over at DICE in map development devs, and maybe they're starting to get we don't want to play COD, and want this series back too it's roots. I guess we'll see.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Haven't played it because I don't do Conquest.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    I saw some reports of changes going on over at DICE in map development devs

Cool, got a link?

• Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    BigWyrm wrote: »

You can do massive maps without having them be as wide open as Panzerstorm, though. Even Hamada is a much better map for infantry because you can actually utilize terrain as you move from place to place. Panzerstorm has almost no terrain features what-so-ever. It's too flat and has too little cover for infantry to survive long outside of the 3 flags in the center, which I'm sure is one of several reasons why 90% of the fighting takes place there.

Perhaps you guys don't realize this, but very few large maps from the "classic" Battlefield games (1942 up through 2142) were as flat/open as Panzerstorm.