BFV 50% Off Until Jan 31st 2019

warslag
1601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
There's an Origin sale with a lot of games marked down by up to 80%. It actually says 75% in one part of the store and 80% in another. But some games are discounted by even more than 80%. Maybe I've read it wrong.

The price to Origin customers in Great Britain is £27.49 for 'Standard' or £34.99 for 'Deluxe'. I will probably go with 'Standard' as people are saying 'Deluxe' is disappointing.

I'm still a bit undecided. But I'm sure I'll end up buying BFV. I think a lot of the gameplay stuff I didn't like such as reviving, planes, AA and dragging has been tweaked enough to make BFV worth it at 50% off. Player visibility is a worry though. But I think I can handle that.

I had intended waiting until FireStorm. Is the release date for that confirmed yet?

Anyway, just a heads-up for anyone looking for BFV on the cheap.

Comments

• YourLocalPlumber
    3224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm is set to release somewhere in March,we still don't know anything about it though.
  • karcyon
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still too much.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its been dirt cheap on CD Keys for the last 2 months, sales must be shocking.
  • trip1ex
    5106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    It's been 50% off since week 1 everywhere in the US almost the entire time. I think it's been 50% off on Origin as well for a long time now.
  • B4ckdoorAssassin
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They're also including the game in many new graphic cards. They're really trying to get people to play this game. Lol
  • RabbidWallaby
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wouldn't surprise me to start seeing keys coming in Happy Meals.
  • TacticulBacon
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    After January 31st it will be 75% off
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Really not happy that I bought it on launch just to see it go down so steep in price a couple of months later (weeks really since it went down a couple of weeks after the launch originally). Won't make that mistake again.
  • warslag
    1601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm just mulling over whether to buy BFV now, or wait until Firestorm - which is what I'm really interested in.

If EA would only bundle a few sets of skins with the game when it's on sale, to tip us over into buying it.

I bought the SPECACT skins in BF3 and thought they were great.
    Firestorm is set to release somewhere in March,we still don't know anything about it though.

I've just realised Division 2 is also out in March.
  • Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wait a tick. Weren’t you the one banging on about how AA is stalking and abusing pilots despite the recent massive nurf, but you don’t even own the game?

Reviving hasn’t changed since launch and there is no dragging so not sure what you’re on about there.

Planes were OP, got nurfed and then AA got obliterated, no doubt this will all change again in the next patch.
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Great.. More OOR players with potato connections.
  • karcyon
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Funny thing is they made this game 50% off so they can sell people micro transactions (BOINS) later. It's probably coming in the next few weeks.
  • warslag
    Wait a tick. Weren’t you the one banging on about how AA is stalking and abusing pilots despite the recent massive nurf, but you don’t even own the game?

Reviving hasn’t changed since launch and there is no dragging so not sure what you’re on about there.

Planes were OP, got nurfed and then AA got obliterated, no doubt this will all change again in the next patch.

If you are unsure or are unable to remember what I said in another thread you can go back and read again. This thread has a different topic.

Also, I believe reviving was sped up after many complaints.

My point was, that EA DICE does seem to be making BFV a more attractive game, via the changes they have made to gameplay, and that at 50% off it is worth a look.
  • xDJ_Cas
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fk this I want BC3 already
  • azelenkin0306
    565 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Business model has changed and they need more players to sell more skins. Most probably this game is a financial failure and now they just want to minimize losses by at least selling as much copies as they could.

IMHO, they need to show Pacific and Eastern fronts already to boost sales. Removing Premium pass was a mistake
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    karcyon wrote: »
    Still too much.

This.
    Maybe when it reaches $5 - $10 I'll purchase it. Then again I could buy a couple of Little Caesars pizza's for that which I would get more enjoyment out of.
  • warslag
    I should think EA or any other game publisher would want to sell as many copies as possible. That seems like commonsense.

With regards to the live service model. People who pre-ordered BFV did so because they wanted to play as soon as possible. I waited, because I felt the price would come down, or that there would be sales.

As I have had other games to play, and was sceptical about gameplay in BFV, I waited to see how BFV panned out. I am now able to buy BFV at a discount, if I want to.

I expect that building a vast potential player base by lowering the price or issuing the game with hardware purchases etc. is a business strategy for creating potential customers for micro-transactions. Or maybe not.

50% off for BFV is a good deal but with Firestorm not far off it might be worth waiting just a bit longer. If I buy now and Firestorm sucks I would be mega disappointed.

Plus there might be a special Firestorm edition.
  • Loqtrall
    12314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    It's been 50% off since week 1 everywhere in the US almost the entire time. I think it's been 50% off on Origin as well for a long time now.

It was actually not on sale until two weeks after launch, and that was not an EA sale, it was retail sales from different outlets for physical copies only. Those sales were also only in the US. At that time every copy sold directly from EA was still full price. EA themselves didn't drop the price of the game for the overall public on every platform/medium until recently.
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Funny If a Game would sell Like Hot Pizza they wouldn't drop the price 50%.
  • Agente_Silva
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Honestly, not even if the game was free...