This Week in Battlefield V

Tank Controls

Yankee_LT
81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited January 22
OK, am I the only one here having issues controlling the tanks movements to Right and Left? When I'm in ANY other vehicle (Flying as well) everything is GREAT. When I jump into the tank Left is RIGHT and Right is LEFT. I never invert controls at all. Even when into all the settings and check the controls is correct. So what the heck could be wrong??

Thank You.

Are you all telling me that there is no issue at all??
Post edited by Yankee_LT on

Comments

• TuxedoBanana279
    345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am on xbox, and the controls are not inverted for me. The only issue I have in tanks is that they automatically start turning to the left or right when I stop to aim in on someone, throwing off my aim.
  • Yankee_LT
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No worries, I finally figured it out. What I can't seem to figure out is why are you the only person replying to my post? Kinda sad when one posts something to the community and no one cares enough.
  • crapjon
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yankee_LT wrote: »
    No worries, I finally figured it out. What I can't seem to figure out is why are you the only person replying to my post? Kinda sad when one posts something to the community and no one cares enough.

What was it?
  • PsychoRat66
    133 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only issue I have in tanks is that they automatically start turning to the left or right when I stop to aim in on someone, throwing off my aim.

Sounds more like your controller sticks are creeping. Have experienced the same problem in the past. Super annoying when attempting to shoot long range in a tank or prone as infantry. On my second Elite Controller after replacing my first EC last year.

• Mangrey
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    the game changes witch way is left and right of the tank depending of witch way you are driving. it have killed me many times
  • MBT_Layzan
    1496 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi there, have you tired decoupling your turret from the tanks controls? It's in the options. Might help.
  • someguy12121
    467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am on xbox, and the controls are not inverted for me. The only issue I have in tanks is that they automatically start turning to the left or right when I stop to aim in on someone, throwing off my aim.

Ive been saying this since the beta. Its latency/input delay. Made a video showcasing the issue:

A lot of people have dismissed the latency as either my controller or my tv but the thing is BFV is the game that I have where the controls do this. Also when your zoomed in magically all of the latency goes away thus proving that latency is not intended and shows that non-zoomed firing modes are bugged.
  • Yankee_LT
    I wrote that I figured it out. Thank You.
  • lolingbuffalo
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Ive been saying this since the beta. Its latency/input delay. Made a video showcasing the issue:

A lot of people have dismissed the latency as either my controller or my tv but the thing is BFV is the game that I have where the controls do this. Also when your zoomed in magically all of the latency goes away thus proving that latency is not intended and shows that non-zoomed firing modes are bugged.

I've just assumed that it caused by the fact that it's an old tank. First generations of motorized turrets. Makes them feel like it has "weight". This is 1940s after all, it's not going to perform like a modern Abrams or t-90
  • oORAVEOo
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hi glad to see you fixed your issue Yankee. I was having same problem, i reset my tank controls, they were forward backwards with triggers reset them back to using sticks, for anyone else who is having problems with a drifting tank.
  • CaptainHardware
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Pz38 tank appears to have its control scheme incorrectly setup in the game, it's setup to drive like a car instead of driving like a tank actually would. I never have problems with the other vehicles.
  • someguy12121
    467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Pz38 tank appears to have its control scheme incorrectly setup in the game, it's setup to drive like a car instead of driving like a tank actually would. I never have problems with the other vehicles.

It and the Staghound have turrets that just fly around super fast and are super hard to control in first person.
  • macktiz45
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It doesn’t help that tanks bounce, teeter, and wildly pivot when hitting even small rocks. It’s like they weight about 100 lbs instead tens of tons.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1496 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    macktiz45 wrote: »
    It doesn’t help that tanks bounce, teeter, and wildly pivot when hitting even small rocks. It’s like they weight about 100 lbs instead tens of tons.

Yea, and you reverse and they go the wrong way so much I just roll with it now....
  • someguy12121
    Another patch that this issue is not addressed or dealt with :/
  • COGSx86
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another patch that this issue is not addressed or dealt with :/

Do you think tanks in the 1940s would turn on a dot?

The game is trying mimic what its like back during WWII, its a WWII game.
  • StealthAria
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The delay in turret rotation is because they put a hard cap on the turret's turn rate to prevent people from whipping them around for snapshots. They didn't put the same limits on the 3rd person camera so the driver has more flexibility and freedom to look around. In first person the turret doesn't actually turn any faster than it does in 3rd, it just feels faster because of the narrow FoV and locked camera.

The turning is because your thumbstick doesn't properly recenter, you could replace your contoller to fix the problem. Better method is adjusting the deadzones in your advanced contols settings.
  • MBT_Layzan
    I can't even use or set my controls in BFV unless I use a 3rd party program, joytokey because their stuff is bugged. Randomly, my aim locks to the rear of the tank when I zoom in and stays that way until I get a new tank. So broken...
  • Noodlesocks
    2874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 30
    I hate the inverted controls when moving in reverse.

Also hate how turning on the spot only engages one track forward instead of one forward and one backwards.
  • mudhen10
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hate the inverted controls when moving in reverse.

???...you must not be old enough to drive.