stop wasting your points on V1's and start using PAKWAGENS!

Tactical_wizzzeR
304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
seriously why am I the only one using that? it has infinite ammo, is surprisingly well armored, can be repaired fully indefinately and can lockdown a sightline for quite a while.
even better if your squadmates aren't total blueberries, you can actually go off road and kill those pesky tanks that are bothering you.

it's amazing how underrated the T-48 and the Sd. Kfz 251 are, easily the best squad Reinforcements, a game winning equalizer.

Comments

• UsainskiSemperFi
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vote up.
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed. It's a game changer.

Destroy tanks with facility and have a great splash damage.

Altough i think the pakwagen is more powerfull than the T-48... better splash damage radius maybe. I don't know for sure but it's look better.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 22
    if your squadmates aren't total blueberries

There is your answer. I've tried calling it in when in a random squad or with a random blueberry in a squad, and he would just spawn into the driver seat thinking its a transport. If I could switch between the gun and the driver seat without giving up one or the other, then sure, I would use it more often.
  • dcs500
    1407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If I could switch between the gun and the driver seat without giving up one or the other, then sure, I would use it more often.

Yep, relying on randoms to either drive or gun is a lottery. Used it in a platoon squad the other day and it was pretty effective.
  • stringy82
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The driver and cannon gunner seat need to be the same I’ve given up on spawning it as I’m tired of ppl not even in my squad using it as personal transport
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    stringy82 wrote: »
    The driver and cannon gunner seat need to be the same I’ve given up on spawning it as I’m tired of ppl not even in my squad using it as personal transport

Yes this!!
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is there a youtube showing which 8 buttons must be pressed at the same time on an XBOX controller to launch ANYTHING?
    I've never been able to lauch or deploy a single thing since I got the game at Christmas.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    start using PAKWAGENS!

Did they lie about their emissions tests?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'll never call for that reinforcement because passanger can easily steal it while you're firing the cannon and you also can easily get killed while firing that cannon.
    I'd rather spawn heavy tank than that crap.
  • VincentNZ
    2713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    While I think the passenger stealing is a potential issue, it is mostly overexaggerated. The problem with the Pakwagen in particular is that being the driver is immensly unrewarding in ALL transports. Simple fix: Each kill by the gunners should count as a kill for the driver, which would also remove the issue of stealing the Pakwagen. Or you could merge the coaxial MG with the driver.
    Secondly you need a squad for it to work properly, meaning three people coordinating, or at least two. Since you can also only call it in when you are alive means that you need to communicate with your squad for it to even appear on the battlefield. It is a really good vehicle, basically a regular mobile Pak, shielded from the front with an MMG, with infinite ammo. It is the same with the Sturmtiger, a really powerful tool, working awfully good when fully equipped and suppported.
    Lastly, one real issue is the mere existence of the V-1. It is a personal tool used for personal gain and very easy to use that promises an infinite amount of kills with no effort, skill or communication needed. It is a gimmick and should be removed, which would in turn mean though that the vehicle count on any map would drastically increase, which could alter balance greatly again, as you would probably see two Pakwagen and one Sturmtiger at all times.
  • CinkCobra
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    While I think the passenger stealing is a potential issue, it is mostly overexaggerated. The problem with the Pakwagen in particular is that being the driver is immensly unrewarding in ALL transports. Simple fix: Each kill by the gunners should count as a kill for the driver, which would also remove the issue of stealing the Pakwagen. Or you could merge the coaxial MG with the driver.
    Secondly you need a squad for it to work properly, meaning three people coordinating, or at least two. Since you can also only call it in when you are alive means that you need to communicate with your squad for it to even appear on the battlefield. It is a really good vehicle, basically a regular mobile Pak, shielded from the front with an MMG, with infinite ammo. It is the same with the Sturmtiger, a really powerful tool, working awfully good when fully equipped and suppported.
    Lastly, one real issue is the mere existence of the V-1. It is a personal tool used for personal gain and very easy to use that promises an infinite amount of kills with no effort, skill or communication needed. It is a gimmick and should be removed, which would in turn mean though that the vehicle count on any map would drastically increase, which could alter balance greatly again, as you would probably see two Pakwagen and one Sturmtiger at all times.

THIS! Well said.
  • JediMastaWyn
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed, it's the best reinforcement in currently in the game. The blueberry joyride is an issue. But speaks more about a lack of game knowledge from players.

• IDirtY_SeCreT
    530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »

I wouldn't say remove it, but it definitely hasn't got the tactical value it should have cause you need to much points to call it in and people will often use it, were they can get maximum kills. It's just endgame rocket spam atm...
    So how about making the V1 a precision strike with smaller raidus and less damage, while at the same time significantly less points needed? That way people can use it to tactically advance to a flag for example by taking out a sniper nest from which they get shot constantly. Could be used like the BFBC mortar strike but not that frequently.
  • DaHuntzMen
    282 postsUnconfirmed, Member, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I never call in those reinforcements because of the smurfs just spawning in it and driving right to the front lines or just wanting to use the gunner seat when they're not even in my squad and earned the right to be in the vehicle with me.
  • olavafar
    1942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One reason is probably that the vast majority of BF players actually prefer to play as infantry, at least on PC.
  • Panzerkeks85
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    The reinforcement system needs some rework and rebalancing anyway... right now it's just "meh". For example:

- More reinforcement options: Arty Strike or Air Strike, Smoke Screen etc. (I think we get that soon)
    - You should only be able to request the V1 rocket once you requested a "regular" reinforcement unit first, like the PAKWAGEN
    - Once a reinforcement is requested any squad member should be able to use it without dying and respawn, that's just stupid
  • TuxedoBanana279
    345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    seriously why am I the only one using that? it has infinite ammo, is surprisingly well armored, can be repaired fully indefinately and can lockdown a sightline for quite a while.
    even better if your squadmates aren't total blueberries, you can actually go off road and kill those pesky tanks that are bothering you.

it's amazing how underrated the T-48 and the Sd. Kfz 251 are, easily the best squad Reinforcements, a game winning equalizer.

What I usually do is use the V1, then grab a pakwagen.
  • kjgregoire
    116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would use it more but every time I call it, a fool of a squadmate takes it straight away into battle and dies or hops out and leaves it somewhere.

It’s a killer long range pak gun beast.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    even though at full potential and ideally you would want to use it and constantly be on the move with a trustly friend as a gunner, even as a stationary solo truck it's pretty darn good, the range is good enough that you can use it to lockdown lanes and usually your unrecognizable silhouette and the lack of movement will take tanks by surprise and it will leave you at a good enough atvantage to get a few shots at what is also hopefully- blueberries driving tanks, which is usually what I encounter.

too often I see tank drivers get their tanks completely in the open, ripe for anti tank exploitation.