Weekly Debrief

BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• COBRA-KABANNA
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 24
    After reading the statement by Dan Miter (Global Community Manager) and watched the Westie video on this topic and we are all annoyed with DICE and giving up the BF :'(

https://battlefield-inside.de/2019/01/community-manager-privaten-servern-rsp-battlefield-v-feature-bisher-verfuegbar-ist/
    https://clancobra.com.br/2019/01/gerente-global-da-comunidade-da-dice-fala-sobre-servidores-bfv-privados-rsp-e-nao-e-nada-bom-por-enquanto/

Please, I beg you, offer private server rentals (RSP) so that we can bring fun the way we want, or release standard Hardcore servers BF4, MIXMODS with 64 players etc, otherwise I will stop playing this game, unfortunate, losing so many players to other companies.

• Axlerod1
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well all know RSP is a mute point with EA and they will not let DICE do anything.
    Even if EA did let DICE put in RSP, by the time it would get setup and implemented and patch to work correctly, (6 months in BF1 if you cal that working correctly) it will be to little to late. The player count is obviously lacking. Sales would not be 50% off after only 1 month. This game does not have any longevity to last until RSP gets here. EA flat missed the boat.

Now everyone go buy ANTHEM. That is EA's next failure so go out and buy that game and support their shareholders. They need your money more than you need your money. You don't even have to play the game. Just buy it. It will be filled with lots of empty promises to get better, tons of toxic chat and don't forget all those cheaters the will support! Best of all, no admins to do anything about your complaints. Who wouldn't want to buy from a company with a track record like EA's. I am going to pre-order now!
  • CrashCA
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anthem - Quick Match only, another PAS.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    Anthem - Quick Match only, another PAS.

I'm sure it rocks, I mean they are giving it away with BFV when you buy a new video card. That's a sure sign of a great game!
  • AjeepDog
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    With all respect for Dice devs, I would like to thank Dan Miter (Global Community Manager)!!!
    His reply is the first best straightest answer we have gotten. I am completely disappointed with the result, but now I have a clearer understanding of where we have been standing. I can only hope that this being a reply and not an official announcement, that he was trying help by letting all the communities know.

P.S. with no respect left for EA JUST **** OFF
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What's Anthem?
  • Staazvaind
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What's Anthem?

the division crossed with destiny run by EA... so... not worth mentioning...
    why?
    because it is predestined to totally lack in endgame-content.
    are you sure?
    mark my words and join my discord in ~6-8 month.
  • dude_ButtCabbage
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bump....lack of RSP will doom BFV to the same fate as BFH
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Like I said with BF1. EA wants to kill the rentalable servers altogether. The good 'ole days are over. I will add that EA wants to kill off all PC games. they are doing their damn best to **** us off non stop
  • Ov3r_ToRQueD
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    P1asma wrote: »
    Like I said with BF1. EA wants to kill the rentalable servers altogether. The good 'ole days are over. I will add that EA wants to kill off all PC games. they are doing their damn best to **** us off non stop

I think its easier to kill off PC games than tackle hacker issues, EA at their finest... and if we re not getting RSPs, I am sure as hell I wont be giving my money to EA for next BF title.
  • warslag
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    What about an alternative where players can start an official community within the game, and then allow the community to populate on official servers dedicated to that specific community, on an ad hoc basis.

An official community's admin could log on, grab an official server which could be joinable by other members of the community from a community page, portal or whatever.

I don't see why they would need to incur any charges either.
  • Staazvaind
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    What about an alternative where players can start an official community within the game, and then allow the community to populate on official servers dedicated to that specific community, on an ad hoc basis.

An official community's admin could log on, grab an official server which could be joinable by other members of the community from a community page, portal or whatever.

you havent understood what RSP is about, buddy, hang in there.
  • Axlerod1
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 24

They did that when they first rolled out RSP in BF1. You could only name the server. Everyone hated it.
    What is the point? EA won't do anything that will cost them money to add in. If they do, they will charge for it too.

Battlefield V did not finish in the top 10 best-selling games of 2018 in the U.S., according to tracking firm The NPD Group. Instead, the World War II shooter ended up at No. 14. That puts it behind Grand Theft Auto V (11), Mario Kart 8 (12), and FIFA 19 (13).

That makes Battlefield V the first Battlefield game this decade not to crack the NPD’s annual top 10 list. And it means that the game performed closer to Battlefield: Hardline and Bad Company 2 than Battlefield 1, relative to the rest of the software market.

Post edited by Axlerod1 on
  • Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

They did that when they first rolled out RSP in BF1. You could only name the server. Everyone hated it.
    What is the point? EA won't do anything that will cost them money to add in. If they do, they will charge for it too.

Battlefield V did not finish in the top 10 best-selling games of 2018 in the U.S., according to tracking firm The NPD Group. Instead, the World War II shooter ended up at No. 14. That puts it behind Grand Theft Auto V (11), Mario Kart 8 (12), and FIFA 19 (13).

That makes Battlefield V the first Battlefield game this decade not to crack the NPD’s annual top 10 list. And it means that the game performed closer to Battlefield: Hardline and Bad Company 2 than Battlefield 1, relative to the rest of the software market.

EA/Dice should be proud , 14th isn't so bad . Could have been #1 if you listened and read these boards . Oh well .
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they are too stupid to see how important RSP actually is then perhaps this game has already died, and we are just hanging on too tight.
    Stupid **** idiotic ideas are going to kill this franchise? No, I think the plan was to kill this franchise from the beginning. You can make big money doing this, screw over the consumer and pay everyone off so nobody can complain. >:(
  • ShevermiN
    391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Staazvaind wrote: »

you havent understood what RSP is about, buddy, hang in there.

No you guys don't, custom servers should be included into the game and be free. So that people who buy the game can get the chance to play all aspects of the product they have purchased.

Everyone keeps calling to back to BF4 and 3rd party servers as some messiah. Yes you can get a game of BF4 conquest here in Australia. But how about rush ??? or defuse. Of those still playing BF4 how many games of Carrier assault have you played??

Custom severs should be in the game and be free just as they are in Battlefront, BF1 incursions, Titanfall. All of which are EA games.
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Being honest, this will be the last battlefield for me. I what the franchise was but what it is becoming i cannot support. The forced leftwing sjw pc agenda that was so obviously forced down your throat in this game was something i was against but i got the game because i love the franchise, i regret that immensely. The same situation that is happening here is the same one that effected World of Warcraft now activisions dumpster fire. They had a great community on every server but over time they cut resources and stopped providing new content, this caused players to leave. Then they cut back on customer support to make more money, this made even more leave. Then content came out years later, this caused even more to leave. Now servers are either unbalanced or dead, so they merge unique and long lasting communities into a phased multi-community where no one needs to talk to anyone and no one needs to be nice and the entire game just imploded. Went from 13m to something like 1.1 world wide now. Game is barely alive even. There are more bots playing than players. And ALL of this happened because Activisions moto is to make more money every year by selling a new game with old assets. BFV is very similar to whats been happening there. If your entire goal is money, not to provide great games or gaming moments, if you do not allow your community the ability to connect with each other and punish bad sportsmanship, then what you will find get is a game that resembles an apocalyptic desert. And as far as i can see even the fifa gamers are getting sick of EA, if BF fails they will be a publisher than no one trusts, buys from and can't get even an indie game to sign with.
    All good things will come to an end and it appears that most gamers these days have finally reached breaking point. I won't lament about EA when they are gone. Because they killed far too many of my favourite games off. LoTRs Battle for Middle Earth, gone. Command & Conquer and now Battlefield. All because of GREED.