Strong Chance Of No BF5 Rental Server Program For Clans And The Battlefield Community

PEACEnz
86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited January 25

Comments

• nathanator2
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What a joke, how do you complete BF4 and then go backwards and eventually end up at this point? Are they pushing the core community away so that the franchise becomes another BR game that no one wanted or ever asked for?
  • virtualkill1432
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 25
    Well, for the first time i can agree with everything said in link provided, lets be real, this game needs a lot of work, is it bad no, gameplay is more tactical which is good, needs a lot of work tho, but if they accomplish what they want it will be a really good bf game..Dont get me wrong i m all for that RSP thingy, but better without it FOR NOW, if that doesnt meet exceptations...

They first need to attract more players, sales are not the best for battlefield game,bad marketing, and game is not in its "top condition"..so i think its good decision, if they keep true to their words of course..
  • Sk1lld
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 25
    We know!

With the poor sales, I doubt EA has broken even with this title. I'm pretty sure the funds will end quickly for this game.
  • Wiiiggum
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game needed another year in the oven.
  • lGuerillal
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Without hc this game is BAD.
  • D5RAT
    2002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No paid DLC has left this game without the funds to progress. it hasn't made the money expected from initial release and was heavily discounted ,which is sad as it had potential .EA really have shafted the BF PC community but do they really care ? Even this forum has a fraction of members in the PC section that BF4 or BF1 had
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its a shame, sign of the times in general really.
  • Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RSP can be and has been done through 3rd party companies . This would cost them nothing .

As a business owner sometimes you have to take a financial hit to make things right with your customers . This way you keep your customers and they become loyal . They have forgot this part in their corporate decisions , which looks like greed . What a shameful and poorly written statement that they released .
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RSP is not off the table they say, yet they have no current plans to implement it to the game which was precisely their view point prior to release. I don't think it'll happen and if it does it will be too late for BFV communities to flourish.
    Battlefield communities used to promote the franchise, encourage varied game play, attract player numbers, and extend the longitivity of the game ... it is sad times when they feel that is not something worth investing in, because their approach to tackling those benefits doesn't seem to working for them. I accept here are numerous areas which need to be tackled right now, but neglecting RSP does more damge than it does good in the long run IMO.
  • BSPlissken
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I think EA needs to allow for private servers and/or RSP. Private servers are great because individual companies and maintain them and clans can get what they want. Heck, I think most people would be ok paying a small fee per server for EA allowing the server side client.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RSP can be and has been done through 3rd party companies . This would cost them nothing .

As a business owner sometimes you have to take a financial hit to make things right with your customers . This way you keep your customers and they become loyal . They have forgot this part in their corporate decisions , which looks like greed . What a shameful and poorly written statement that they released .

Like Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Enemy Territory.
  • crapjon
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • CrashCA
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member