I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Karnalii wrote: »
    Became suspicious of a guy last night. Closet esp guy with some snap headshots thrown in. Became blatant on fjell when the blizzard hits.

First time using spectator mode to watch. As soon as i called him out in chat I crashed to desktop. Is it common to crash to desktop from spectating? or is there something a cheater can do to kick you out of spectator mode?

The only times I have crashed in spectator mode was spectating an iffy hacker. There are multiple hack providers out there, and I have had CTD happen on 5 different people, and they were "highly suspect" but not "super blatant." In other words, Yeah, seems like they can do something to make you crash.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »

I agree with you but I don't have any control over that. I don't feel that the problem is so bad that every round has a suspect in it.

What percent of players use a hack, in your estimation?
  • EvoCyberNation
    95 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I want to say, PC wise? 35-45% of the players, in modern society, tend to use some type of tweaks, or cheats, to have an advantage over the other player. This number is directly driven towards PCs.

Overall? Like console, phone, tablet, PC, etc? Not sure. I want to say 30-35% all together. These are numbers just randomly off the top of my head. These numbers are mostly driven by the estimated amount of cheaters per PC. These are not numbers done through research. So my assessment is far from being precise. It's just my guesstimation.

Edited the PC number. I consider, "tweaking and exploting" as cheating. I'm not talking about graphic settings. I'm talking about, "Removing grass or environment graphics glitches. Removing shadows to see everything clearly. Exploting the map where barriers should be, etc."
  • alienstout
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »

I agree with you but I don't have any control over that. I don't feel that the problem is so bad that every round has a suspect in it.

That's impossible to say because I don't know the actual player count. I will say it's a thing but not an every round or even every night thing in my experience.
  • Jinko_itx
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    Became suspicious of a guy last night. Closet esp guy with some snap headshots thrown in. Became blatant on fjell when the blizzard hits.

First time using spectator mode to watch. As soon as i called him out in chat I crashed to desktop. Is it common to crash to desktop from spectating? or is there something a cheater can do to kick you out of spectator mode?

Not that I'm aware of. They can't kick you from spectator. You likely just crashed. Spectator tends to freeze from time to time. Its not as great as it was going back to bf4. Even bf1 had those crashes. I notice alt tabbing a lot while in spectator mode leads to crashes based on my experience but that's speculation on my part

I still question that as last week I mentioned politics in the game and "lost connection" and when I went back into the server I tried to finish what I was trying to say and right when I did, I lost connection to the server again, and those were the only 2 times I ever got disconnected. I was actually amazed that happened to me. so do others have the power to boot someone off of a server? idk
  • Pelliy
    2000 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 24
    Jinko_itx wrote: »
    Pelliy wrote: »

Not that I'm aware of. They can't kick you from spectator. You likely just crashed. Spectator tends to freeze from time to time. Its not as great as it was going back to bf4. Even bf1 had those crashes. I notice alt tabbing a lot while in spectator mode leads to crashes based on my experience but that's speculation on my part

I still question that as last week I mentioned politics in the game and "lost connection" and when I went back into the server I tried to finish what I was trying to say and right when I did, I lost connection to the server again, and those were the only 2 times I ever got disconnected. I was actually amazed that happened to me. so do others have the power to boot someone off of a server? idk

I highly doubt that. People circumvent the chat to say racist stuff and aren't banned or kicked. It was probably a coincedence. I suggest do it a third time and see if you'll get kicked I really doubt it. Unless you're playing with a dice Dev or they're (dice) spectating anonymously, I doubt it that you'll be randomly kicked
  • Sk1lld
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 24
    EA has a nice game engine they acquired it in 2006 when they purchased DICE Studios. DICE Canada had built the Frostbyte engine from the ground up. When EA purchased DICE they moved the game engine to their DICE Sweden office letting go all employees at the Canada office and closing that office in 2006. This is an old engine that has had a lot of upgrades.
    The engine uses server side "AND" client side in hit detection, which is why It is so hard to police. In BF4 they had server side "FF" and client side "PB" anti cheats running together. PB was old then and is not a great anti cheat. FF on the other hand is a good program, but is set low and because of that misses stuff. And is not great at detecting client side stuff.
    Add to that the problematic network code, people now see cheats everywhere.
    The problems need to be sorted, quick. It's not like they "EA" wasn't aware. They had both battlefront games and BF1 to sort this out.
    Post edited by Sk1lld on
  • AntiFox08
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It seems like a majority of cheaters are in Asia or Europe, but mostly Asia apparently, and also more common in some game modes than others. I live on the east coast of the US and don't use the browser. I just click play multiplayer and conquest. Whether it puts me in a US East server or wherever, I usually don't know, but my ping is usually around the 30's or so with Spectrum on 5Ghz WiFi. I've only seen a handful of cheaters. Two were pretty obvious, one being a guy that jumped around a corner and gibbed me with his 1897 trench shotgun (while I was prone and undetected) before his feet touched the ground, and the other a guy that hip-fired his Lewis gun from a distance before he rounded a corner and gibbed me. Other than that, I've seen a few nonchalant wallhacks, but no aimbot (or I'd have died much sooner). This game definitely does have some sort of anti-cheat, but it's finicky on when it wants to work. I had a friend who got this in early access and had a paid subscription to a site. He joined a game and patiently waited for a plane slot. He spawned and flew not even 5 seconds, then was kicked and got a FairFight 1 week suspension. Other people on the forum of that site had similar occurrences. Naturally, admins on those sites are quick to blame people when they've done nothing other than run the program as the instructions specified.

If you want to see a game overrun with cheaters, look at Battlefront. There's a guy (who I most likely shouldn't name for obvious reasons) who makes free scripts for Battlefront and had some working for the Battlefront 2 beta and retail. Battlefront has no anti-cheat right now, and I don't know if it ever did, and I don't know if Battlefront 2 does or not. Battlefront is the first time I saw people with damage multipliers, no-reload (for single-shot or charged weapons), rapid-fire (for single-shot weapons), boxes, bones, lines, etc. I've never seen a damage multiplier on Battlefield, but people have complained about its use in BF V. Being that the engine, UI, and everything else is basically the same (aside from weapons), it's not surprising that all that is in this game.

From what I've gathered, reports do nothing besides tip DICE employees off about possible cheaters, and then they do their own research. Given the amount of reports they get, how long their research takes and how long it takes before that research starts, I don't know. I think there should be some base line of anti-cheat that detects running programs. Not something so invasive that if you have cheat engine on your PC to mess with a single-player game that it'll suspect you, but something that can pick up on other programs. The FF screenshots aren't cutting it anymore, since most coders have a method to hide the UI when FF is taking a screenshot, and can turn it back on when it's safe. It only seems to screenshot when they're going hard and racking up kills.
  • STOPchris
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We need another worst company in America vote. My guess is that EA and Comcast would battle it out for first again.
  • IvanFireBlade_GR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    craign82 wrote: »
    I play on Ps4 so don't feel I have encountered many, if any, cheaters.
    But I don't understand why players want to cheat with wall hacks and auto aim? What is the point? I genuinely can't work out what they get out of it.
    I watched a Rogue-9 video a minute ago and the clips he shows the player just runs and presses the trigger.
    What does the player possibly get out of that????
    I won't even play single player games as I need the challenge of playing against real people, not AI.
    It looks so boring using a cheat.

the only thing that someone can do to cheat in ps4 because aimbot or esp dlls cant be injected to the software of consoles are macro keys on controllers. i was watching a guy ( now banned) he was showing off in xbox one about his macros with m1a1 hitting 31 bullets like full auto with the same recoil as semi auto. lol
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I want to say, PC wise? 35-45% of the players, in modern society, tend to use some type of tweaks, or cheats, to have an advantage over the other player. This number is directly driven towards PCs.

Overall? Like console, phone, tablet, PC, etc? Not sure. I want to say 30-35% all together. These are numbers just randomly off the top of my head. These numbers are mostly driven by the estimated amount of cheaters per PC. These are not numbers done through research. So my assessment is far from being precise. It's just my guesstimation.

Edited the PC number. I consider, "tweaking and exploting" as cheating. I'm not talking about graphic settings. I'm talking about, "Removing grass or environment graphics glitches. Removing shadows to see everything clearly. Exploting the map where barriers should be, etc."

That number is unreasonably high. There is no way a third to half the server is cheating on any given night. Maybe cheating is worse in other regions, but on the servers I play on (US East - Conquest), its rare that I suspect anyone.

People are so quick to call out cheaters that it's become almost laughable.
  • JamieCurnock
    470 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well I can't do anything regarding folks ingame, I don't have that kind of ability.

My duty here is to enforce the forum rules, Reporting cheaters is the way that is recommended to get the AC team on the case.

Lol, they have an anti cheat team?
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This shi! **** of a game has more hackers than a Origin has happy customers
  • Sniperclysm
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All PC games have Cheaters/Hackers some of them more then others. Cheating/Hacking on a console is harder. They all can stop the cheating/hacking but then they don't make money when they keep buying the games after they get ban over 24hours
  • EvoCyberNation
    95 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That number is unreasonably high. There is no way a third to half the server is cheating on any given night. Maybe cheating is worse in other regions, but on the servers I play on (US East - Conquest), its rare that I suspect anyone.

People are so quick to call out cheaters that it's become almost laughable.

I looked up the numbers, after making my gusstimation, and other sites agree with the numbers. Making any changes, to the game, from what is intended, per in game settings, is considered to be, "cheating." Obviously, using any third party software is, "cheating." Making macros to reduce recoil is, "cheating." Doing, or creating, graphic glitches is, "cheating." Exploting the map where barriers should be there is, "cheating." Looks through barriers by angeling yourself in a manner where you can see through it is, "cheating." This game, possibly, has more cheaters then most of the games out there.

Some players will come out and say, "I use this or that." Then they say, "So what? I'm taking advantage of what I'm able to!"
    _____

Note: My numbers were not driven off of this game directly. My numbers are not talking about tables, phones, etc. This is an **overall assessment**, off the top of my head guesstimation, of "How many cheaters do you think there are on PCs?" But guess what? I was 100% correct! So? If you want to protect this game directly, by all means, please do so! The facts stand, "1/3rd, to 4/9ths, of all the players use some type of cheat to have an advantage over the other players."
  • KuroNeko_PRT
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Guys, go watch the last video from Rogue-9 on youtube.
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The sad thing is you will still be able to find all these blatant cheaters he recorded in game because DICE/EA doesn’t care.

Hiring people to police cheating or developing better anti cheat applications isn’t a priority.

A massive drop in player counter (because this game is currently ruined) is the only thing DICE/EA might respond to. But they already got our money so maybe its too late.
  • KuroNeko_PRT
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dral13 wrote: »

The sad thing is you will still be able to find all these blatant cheaters he recorded in game because DICE/EA doesn’t care.

Hiring people to police cheating or developing better anti cheat applications isn’t a priority.

A massive drop in player counter (because this game is currently ruined) is the only thing DICE/EA might respond to. But they already got our money so maybe its too late.

If you saw (if not go ahead) one of the video from JackFrags, you probably noticed more and more people are using that "exploit".
  • AntiFox08
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've never seen one of those rage hacks in person (snap aiming and spawn killing from across the map with a Lewis Gun), but I've seen a handful of blatant cheaters running around. Lately they appear to be trying to stay under the radar and are just using a wall hack. Yesterday, I had someone swear he heard me splashing in water, but I hadn't touched water nor was I prone in a puddle or a shallow stream. From where he was when I first saw him, to where I went, was a bit of a walk for him to come over the little hill looking dead at me (without a flare or any sort of 3D spot).
  • Red_Label_Scotch

Thanks for this.