YouTubers and loud minority on fourms single handedly responsible for the downfall of bfv

Comments

• MeFirstThenYou
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The reason the game is going down at the moment has nothing to do with hat OP mentions.

The game still just feels very unfinished. It has a ton of smaller bugs and annoying things that just add up to a bad overall experience. This is sad, sine I think that the very core of the game is alright. The game also had one of the worst marketing campaigns I have ever witnessed. EA is also trying focus their games on a live service model, but it feels like they have no idea how to do that.

The result is a game that still does not offer a solid, consistent and good experience and also lacks dramatically in content.
  • Hawxxeye
    7960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    BFV is mainly a product of DICE's tendency to repeat mistakes as well as make new mistakes as well as EAs desire to release games as fast as possible.
    They are hardly listening to the fans and youtubers unless they stir up a dumpsterfirestorm like with the ttk
  • ZombieP1ow
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    you misspelled "Majority" in your title.
  • MeFirstThenYou
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ZombieP1ow wrote: »
    you misspelled "Majority" in your title.

Yep.

It not also not the loud "minority" of content creators that have an impact. It's the millions of viewers that they have.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The reason the game is going down at the moment has nothing to do with hat OP mentions.

The game still just feels very unfinished. It has a ton of smaller bugs and annoying things that just add up to a bad overall experience. This is sad, sine I think that the very core of the game is alright. The game also had one of the worst marketing campaigns I have ever witnessed. EA is also trying focus their games on a live service model, but it feels like they have no idea how to do that.

The result is a game that still does not offer a solid, consistent and good experience and also lacks dramatically in content.

I could probably get past the bugs if the UI wasn't hot euro pop trash and the game had a semblance of being a WW2 shooter outside weapons and vehicles. Hell, if there were say 12 Conquest maps I wouldn't be so harsh. But there aren't. And I don't even enjoy booting this game up.
  • mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wow that's a lot of stuff... I usually just fire up the console and try to shoot some people.
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    How many youtubers were pushing for attrition and visibility issues? How many were pushing for bugs? How many were pushing for 8 maps instead of more? How many were pushing for poor class balance? This is on DICE and EA.

Honestly the YouTube Guys wanted a more Hardcore BF and Dice made it after the Noobtubers called BF1 to easy and Casual.
    Post edited by herodes87 on
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    How many youtubers were pushing for attrition and visibility issues? How many were pushing for bugs? How many were pushing for 8 maps instead of more? How many were pushing for poor class balance? This is on DICE and EA.

Honestly the YouTube Guys wanted a more Hardcore BF and Dice made it after the Noobtubers could BF1 to easy and Casual.

I find this part confusing though.

Some aspects like the gunplay, lack of explosive spam and vehicles feel more hardcore.
    However some basic concepts like the squad system is way more dumbed down in bf5.
    4 player squads with spawn on any squad member spawning, revive any squad mate those are all lame noob changes.

They should have stuck with 5 or 6 player squads, spawn only on squad leader, medic and squad leader can only revive.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bf3 and bf4 considered the height of success for the franchise , battlefield 4 still incredibly popular and plenty of server's alive and well. Even if it was made almost a decade ago...

Dice promising to listen was the worst idea ever look how great bf4 and bf3 were when they made games work of art they wanted their vision not level caps and this fourms page which represents .005 percent of player base.

I'd like to go over some of the most ridiculous things dice has listened to that I seen people on this site demand go away..

-They demanded less vehicles, dice listened ..

-The demanded smaller maps dice listened..

-They demanded no stats so they can camp and get away with it... but they lied and said it was for getting people to play the objective it is a absolute fact camping is the worst it's ever been. Dice listened ...

-they demanded to die in .00001 of a second I don't understand how anyone could have fun dieing before you can even begin to react this ruins the Game for many .. dice tried to make both side happy but that wasn't good enough you wanted no choice for us and everything catered to you... Dice listened

You wanted less maps and guns what kind of a psychopath would demand less content ??? More choices is always better In every situation... But dice listened anyways

Level cap demanded less gadgets who is he to tell me i cant use a motar.. dice listened

Everyone demanded no dlc pass I immediately knew this would result in a game being the content level of a demo 1/4 of what dice use to offer instead of an actual game dice listened

So I'd like to thank all of you for destroying my beloved franchise and having this crappy game be a shadow of it's former self

Meh, it's not as much that as you think. I chalk it up to listening to the marketing guys too much and the drain of positive BF talent like Patrick Bach and David Goldfarb.
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    gibonez wrote: »

Honestly the YouTube Guys wanted a more Hardcore BF and Dice made it after the Noobtubers could BF1 to easy and Casual.

Some aspects like the gunplay, lack of explosive spam and vehicles feel more hardcore.
    However some basic concepts like the squad system is way more dumbed down in bf5.
    4 player squads with spawn on any squad member spawning, revive any squad mate those are all lame noob changes.

They should have stuck with 5 or 6 player squads, spawn only on squad leader, medic and squad leader can only revive.

People complained about Lack of Teamplay so dice tries to force people to more Teamplay.

"No one revives me, damn Medic." So dice let every Squad member revive.
  • karcyon
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    I would also say that hiring e-sports people isn't the right way to go. Add that to the list.
    I bet people loved BF3 and BF4 and even BF1 because it feels like real war. There is chaos everywhere, people yelling, exploding stuff left and right. BF5 feels like a kinder garden in that way. Too clean, too dialed back.
  • NoQuart3r
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hmmm, can smell that jealousy coming through..
  • ENKkii87
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    You are aware dice applied feedback via game changers and the Battlelog forum for both BF3 and BF4, right?

Also, there were countless people in the forum community who opposed free dlc. I'd wager there are more against it than for it - but the forum community isn't the only ones in DICE's ear.

People leave feedback for dice on Reddit, Twitter, hell even Facebook. Your disgruntled views on this are misplaced.

You are aware that the bug reporting function itself is bugged and times out when submitting right? So where is the appropriate place to place them?

What does that even remotely have to do with anything I said, at all?

You are an obtuse bigot.
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Should point out a lot of the youtubers are pointing out the hackers, the bugs, the ui issues, and all the other problems.

Some of the BF “core” youtubers are also playing other shooters or have gone back to older titles. If anything all of this should indicate they agree this game is a mess.

Obviously they aren’t going to be as critical as the rest of us whose livelihood doesn’t depend on gaming content.
  • DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    gibonez wrote: »

5 or 6 is noob friendly even with those restriction. You can bring at 2 Anti-tank, supplies, medic, and spotting.

At least 4 means players need to make better choice for what is needed for the squad. Beside I don't see the infatuation with larger squad numbers is it really necessary to be healed or supplied by a squad mate all the time.

DICE are making decision based on feedback, just because some of contradict does not mean they did not hear it just means a greater noise was heard.

Like the BS with indirect fire not wanting tools like Mortar, yet Piat can use indirect fire with the same targeting method is fine. Go figure even when Piat is better at indirect fire.

The mortar issue is not about indirect fire it the so called explosive spam that upsets the yappers. This is the reason grenades and AP mine are such poor state too. But then you have the same yappers wanting 1HK to planes, 2HK to tank and a bundle of dynamite that can be used like grenades.

Notice how the same players are not complaining about the Grenade Launcher like they did in BF1.
  • DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dral13 wrote: »
    Should point out a lot of the youtubers are pointing out the hackers, the bugs, the ui issues, and all the other problems.

Some of the BF “core” youtubers are also playing other shooters or have gone back to older titles. If anything all of this should indicate they agree this game is a mess.

Obviously they aren’t going to be as critical as the rest of us whose livelihood doesn’t depend on gaming content.
    Sorry, It a mess because of their feedback.

Players complained on the forums that Recon needed improvement, what did the the yappers on YouTube want glint and less radius on flares. Brilliant feedback pity they not so critical of Assault.

Wait the yappers are going to play others games I am guessing they are bored with BFV, which is strange they should be enjoy the current TTK it was their voice that wanted it.

You mean they put their self-interest first and their opinion should be consider nothing more then hot air rather then speaking for the majority as some claim.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not just this franchise, pretty much every game released over the last 6-8 years suffers from this problem.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Player counts speak for themselves, and they are the lowest since Hardline in retaining players.

Prove me wrong.

You'd have to provide player #'s first...
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    Player counts speak for themselves, and they are the lowest since Hardline in retaining players.

Prove me wrong.

You'd have to provide player #'s first...

Exactly, we don't have any for BFV. We don't have accurate sales numbers either.