Little early but Battlefield 6 vietnam ??

CptDuffy
114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited January 25

Comments

• Thacyoon
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No! BF6 must be modern war and reuse what worked from BF4.
  • B4ckdoorAssassin
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    God no, I hope they return to modern.
  • JediMastaWyn
    424 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Too early!
  • Dr_X2345
    729 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely too early, but I think it will definitely be either Vietnam or modern war (what else could it really be? They definitely can't go further back than WWI, else you'd be running around with muskets or something). But I doubt it's even started the planning phase yet, and most likely the next game will come out for the next-gen consoles so it won't be at least until 2021 probably.
  • Noromiz
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just hope they make it "Cold War" era, so we could have a lot of weapons, gadgets and vehicle, but without all the silly stuff from the modern era.
    And then they should use the BF4 formula without the obscene amount of bugs at launch.
  • spychodelics
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    modern, modern, modern, if i get feed another historic war i will not buy it.
  • Catsonspeeed
    591 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm fine with whatever setting, as long as it has Attack Helicopters in it. :blush:
  • OskooI_007
    258 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Next one will probably be BC3 in 2020.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 25
    Modern or Vietnam would be good. BFBC2 Vietnam is my all time favourite BF.

I suspect and would hedge a bet it'll be BF 6 with a six rather than a Roman numeral to signify a contemporary shooter.

Or a left-field side bet that it'll be a futuristic shooter ala BF2142

There is absolutely no substance or facts in the VGR article to determine what's next.
  • Ploodovic
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you prefer the historical settings, the 12 years between Battlefield Vietnam (2004), and Battlefield 1 (2016) was a long wait. Now the shoe is on the other foot. So, next modern Battlefield in 2027? :*
  • kingofsomething
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hope for a Vietnam setting. For me BFBC2: Vietnam is still the best and most fun Battlefield Game to date.
  • Don_en_Ad
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield VI - ETNAM
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 25
    It's way too earlier to do anything but what the guy's blog in your link does: guessing and finger-crossing.

There's been rumors floating out of the DICE offices since not long after the release of BF 1 that BFBC3 was a project they were working on, and that it would be taking place in the Vietnam era. However, they did an interview on the subject where DICE/EA said they were afraid to rush BFBC because they were still trying to figure out exactly what it was the fans adored about the bad company games, and they didn't want to kill the title.

So maybe. Or maybe we'll get korea. Or maybe this game and it's awful sales and shoddy management killed the franchise. We'll have to wait and see.
  • gibonez
    295 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BiscoMix07 wrote: »
    God no, I hope they return to modern.

Not going to happen. You will not see any modern EA shooters atleast any time soon.
  • alienstout
    667 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bleh. Too much vegetation, not enough buildings. I'm hoping for BC3. I played through the BC2 campaign again yesterday - damn fun!
  • Kattegat_Twin
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Too soon. Way too soon.But I'd love BF6 to be Vietnam.
  • SirTerrible
    1376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »
    Bleh. Too much vegetation, not enough buildings. I'm hoping for BC3. I played through the BC2 campaign again yesterday - damn fun!

Just thinking about BFV's visibility in a Vietnam setting has me triggered beyond belief. On a side note.. it's weird saying BFV and not meaning Battlefield Vietnam lol.
  • fakemon64
    890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully they do the cold war. This way they can continue tides of war because of the many different engagements and factions. Also, we get something kinda modern but not crazy or too futuristic
  • pwnedPewPew
    330 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thacyoon wrote: »
    No! BF6 must be modern war and reuse what worked from BF4.

Vietnam or Modern War..whatever it will be..this time I will not pre-order it!!!
  • ackers75
    1879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A more futuristic setting would be nice like 2142