Plane gunners

Yahia
85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Dice please, give me a way to make it so that no one can spwan on my plane and be a gunner, I don't want any gunners because let's be honest 90% of the players who are willing to take the gunner seat and just sit there being almost useless, are the complete noobs who get completely destroyed on the on ground. And I don't want that noob to be my gunner because every single time my gunner just gets me killed when I can't take the seat myself to defend myself, or they just steal my plane. I'm perfectly fine on my own, I don't want any noobs in my plane and right now the only thing that I could do to stop anyone from spwanning on me is by being in a squad on my own and that's not good for the team. So please just give me a way to lock my plane to only myself.

Comments

• eMartinez
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    "and that's not good for the team"

Ironic. The real team player complaining about people spawning on him in the air.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You will get a lot of backlash for this topic. The easiest solution to your problem would be to simply not allow seat-switching. I really do not know why this is still a thing after all these years. You are in a team-based game using a team based vehicle, so it should be used as a team. If you want to be good by yourself there are fighters or being on the ground as alternatives.
    Besides even if, the seat is not taken, it might need to be used for tactical reasons like taking a back flag or even flanking enemies.
  • mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My precious plane!
    1511987249db6001e7823ab42bbe0eee94447b14a6.jpg
  • xeNizKing
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    eMartinez wrote: »

Ironic. The real team player complaining about people spawning on him in the air.

If the random person is useless which is 99% of whoevers jumped in my plane unless its one of my friends who actually knows how to aim while I am trying to evade then its very much a valid argument. Its not helpful to the team if the gunner is mindlessly shooting infantry from 900 feet up while two spitfires are chasing you.
  • IvanFireBlade_GR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I feel you 99% of the gunners spawn in me wan to test out the guns of the plane and start shooting random in every direction, usually i dont have a problem with them. However if you want to play alone create a squad lock it to friends and no one will spawn on you
  • eMartinez
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    xeNizKing wrote: »

If the random person is useless which is 99% of whoevers jumped in my plane unless its one of my friends who actually knows how to aim while I am trying to evade then its very much a valid argument. Its not helpful to the team if the gunner is mindlessly shooting infantry from 900 feet up while two spitfires are chasing you.

Seat switching is stupid anyway. You have no excuse. None.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Id like to see vehicle locking as well. Nothing more aggravating than a gunner that decides to see how many bullets it takes to kill terrain textures and clouds. And then, because they aren't actually scanning for real targets, and just attracting enemy attention, we get blindsided or ambushed and i have to route back to a resupply point for the 12th time.
  • Yahia
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Dont be a useless pilot then, do you understand how hard it is to hit a plane that is moving irregulary from a plane that are moving irregular? Its not like jumping back into gunner seat yourself since then the planes are going in a straight line.
    Please keep your ideas to yourself next time.

I once kept the plane flying in a straight line for like 5 mins straight and kept using the quick repair and the damn gunner had every chance to kill the spitfire behind me but he couldn't, I'm anything but a bad pilot, and if you think it's so hard to hit the other plane then DONT SPAWN AS A GUNNER. You are the type of player I'm talking about. I'm perfectly fine on my own.
  • Yahia
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    Id like to see vehicle locking as well. Nothing more aggravating than a gunner that decides to see how many bullets it takes to kill terrain textures and clouds. And then, because they aren't actually scanning for real targets, and just attracting enemy attention, we get blindsided or ambushed and i have to route back to a resupply point for the 12th time.

Exactly
  • Yahia
    I feel you 99% of the gunners spawn in me wan to test out the guns of the plane and start shooting random in every direction, usually i dont have a problem with them. However if you want to play alone create a squad lock it to friends and no one will spawn on you

I do that, but I'd like to be in a squad and provide them with air support and give them points from bombing enemy tanks and killing ton of targets for the squad points
  • Yahia

Actually I'm very helpful, bombers are helpful admit it or not, but when a stupid gunner keeps getting me killed and keeps getting everyone's attention by shooting at NOTHING that's when I'm not helpful.
  • StorminNorman123
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pilots are bigger campers than the sniper on the edge of the map, completely useless. Also super annoying if they are in your squad and you have 1 less option to spawn. "but i went 73-0" what a big hero guy, dropping bombs on real players that dont even pay attention to you.
  • IvanFireBlade_GR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pilots are bigger campers than the sniper on the edge of the map, completely useless. Also super annoying if they are in your squad and you have 1 less option to spawn. "but i went 73-0" what a big hero guy, dropping bombs on real players that dont even pay attention to you.

planes and tanks are in this game in a combined arms mechanic that works way too many years for battlefield franchise and it defines it as the game we all know and love. a pilot or a tanker doing ''73-0'' is not so easy as you think especially for planes that dont camp in a corner red zone out of the map but instead either killing others planes or spotting with the spotting camera or even clear out whole objectives. if you see a pilot going 80 - 0 he is a good pilot. also when im playing plane maps i have my attention to bombers like you are stating on real players that dont even pay attention to you. Pilots are real player too if you dont have environmental awareness it is your fault not the pilot's that guessing where the enemies inside the objectives are camping.
  • Faylum
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The British have a plane where you can pick as a talent a paradrop option. I was thinking, man... i can't wait to be the pilot that spawns these goes into enemy lines. So as i was pushing my twentieth minute flying around Hamada i realised no one had spawned in my plane... not even once. Perhaps the intro of Grand Operations and the jumping out of planes blown up by flak cannons before you can even deploy has scarred players so badly that the notion of spawning in a plane to paradrop terrifies them. Or perhaps because the game is such a bland run and gun quake arena type, no one cares about spawning in things that doesn't get them into the kill pit fast enough?!
  • ElliotLH
    9842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If I don't want squadmates spawning on my plane I just create a private squad. Perhaps I'm not thinking correctly but I just don't see how not being in a squad when you're flying effects the team, as is mentioned in the op.
  • Skepticus66
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

^^^^^^ This...
  • PhantomDJ
    157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm pretty sure that only squad mates can spawn on your plane. So, just make a private squad and no one will be able to spawn into your precious gunner seat.
  • StupidNameHere
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xeNizKing wrote: »

If the random person is useless which is 99% of whoevers jumped in my plane unless its one of my friends who actually knows how to aim while I am trying to evade then its very much a valid argument (it's actually not though but let's skip this for now).. Its not helpful to the team if the gunner is mindlessly shooting infantry from 900 feet up while
    >>>>>>>>two spitfires<<<<<<<<<<
    are chasing you.

There's your problem, right there. Smart gunner or a stupid gunner, this is rock, paper, hand grenade and you're rock. That's two paper you have to die to. If anything, you owe those spitfires another you.

Poor random gunners, getting blamed for your deserved deaths.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Faylum wrote: »
    The British have a plane where you can pick as a talent a paradrop option. I was thinking, man... i can't wait to be the pilot that spawns these goes into enemy lines. So as i was pushing my twentieth minute flying around Hamada i realised no one had spawned in my plane... not even once. Perhaps the intro of Grand Operations and the jumping out of planes blown up by flak cannons before you can even deploy has scarred players so badly that the notion of spawning in a plane to paradrop terrifies them. Or perhaps because the game is such a bland run and gun quake arena type, no one cares about spawning in things that doesn't get them into the kill pit fast enough?!

Same here, when i saw that plane i thought it would be epic and possibly even op... until i used it. Lol, more people spawn in my transport trucks and pretty sure nobody every used my supply drops.