YouTubers and loud minority on fourms single handedly responsible for the downfall of bfv

Comments

• SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    How many youtubers were pushing for attrition and visibility issues? How many were pushing for bugs? How many were pushing for 8 maps instead of more? How many were pushing for poor class balance? This is on DICE and EA.

Honestly the YouTube Guys wanted a more Hardcore BF and Dice made it after the Noobtubers called BF1 to easy and Casual.

They did not specifically ask for a game like this though, at least non of the youtube people I know of. I would say you are likely correct that they moved BFV in a different direction at least in part because of the whole "Casualfield" outcry with BF1 but boy did they ever interpret that wrong lol. It's more casual than ever, just in a different way.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    Player counts speak for themselves, and they are the lowest since Hardline in retaining players.

Prove me wrong.

You'd have to provide player #'s first...

its ever changing, not going to link a 58 day old reddit breakdown. but by self comparison you could easily go to conquest, with no limit to server settings and see the difference game by game.

And at what point and time should I be comparing it to?
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Honestly, most of this is true. Dice is basically dictating decisions for the youtube streamers, and with that and their horrid dev testers they clearly have no idea what they are doing anymore. Bugs and more bugs. I haven't booted the game in two weeks, and I doubt I will anymore to be honest. It just isn't that much fun to me with only 8 maps and over half of them being basically TDM maps.
    Someone should be keeping track of how many times this guy has claimed he has quit playing BFV. Huh, maybe we should start a pool, whoever comes closest to the right number wins a COD mousepad or something of similar value.
  • Faylum
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ye the giant minority of players are to blame, along with youtubers on the EA payroll, like Jackfaps and Eastie, who advertised how great this huge turdpile was. But it certainly wasn't DICE or EA rushing out an unfinished mess. No, do not blame the developers, blame the consumers for caring about the franchise becoming a buggy mess. Now if you people don't mind i have a whole day planned where i am going to fart into a re-breather and sniff my curry wetslaps, while drinking a nice bottle of red whine and eat some Fwench cheese, while staring at some hideous modern art.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »
    Player counts speak for themselves, and they are the lowest since Hardline in retaining players.

Prove me wrong.

Exactly, we don't have any for BFV. We don't have accurate sales numbers either.

Sales were widely reported, so they kinda correlate.

I don't believe EA has released official numbers yet. VGAwhatever.com can claim to know physical sales but that it not really the majority anymore.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Prove me wrong.

Exactly, we don't have any for BFV. We don't have accurate sales numbers either.

If that's your rationale...than it's simply LESS than previous - not drastically low as this game was one of the best selling games of 2018...I don't understand the logic here.
  • NoQuart3r
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fair assumptions always of course trump real data lol. What are all these sales "comparisons" trying to achieve anyway? At the moment the game is still newish and populated so what's the problem?
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not for or against EA, I'm only stating that you need proper, real numbers, to make an accurate statement like you are trying to make. If you like your anecdotal evidence, great - don't make it a fact though because it's merely opinion without "real" numbers.
  • munkt0r

Prove me wrong.

If that's your rationale...than it's simply LESS than previous - not drastically low as this game was one of the best selling games of 2018...I don't understand the logic here.

what logic am i trying to pass? what sales figures are you looking at by best selling? and how many players is it retaining?

The logic of player counts speak for themselves based on sales numbers...your words breh.

The player retention is what we don't know currently as there are no official sources for daily players, we only have the # of sales (sans digital)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2019/01/23/red-dead-redemption-2-was-the-best-selling-game-of-2018-but-theres-a-catch/#12bb70d076e1

I mean, I get that being #14 isn't as good as they've done in previous years and I by no means wish to imply this is the best selling of the franchise (it's clear it's not) - but the sky is falling chicken little **** is kinda funny to me when it's a very high grossing game for the year and by no stretch of the word could be considered a "failure".

This is just me being objective.

I've yet to experience not having full servers and it seems people are online playing daily. Like all games, some like it - some don't.

Until there is hard data, it's folly to try and posit that this game is "dying" or "sinking ship" or whatever other nonsense buzzwords the kids are using.

• StorminNorman123
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 is the most noob, COD BF game of all time. Once anyone says it was great anything else they say it moot in regards to the franchise. "I love my noob tube with thermals where 60 players are in the same hallway, boy is that tactical" Operations locker and metro are abominations to the BF name IMO.
  • NoQuart3r
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is no sense of perspective on here. Why would anyone want to glory in the "death" of any game that others are enjoying? There was even some numpty on here earlier who was hoping that the developers would lose their jobs just because of dissatisfaction with a game.

If you don't like it chalk it up as a lesson learned and move on. Even better make some constructive commentary for a change in hope of influencing the developers. All this faux outrage makes me laugh.
  • munkt0r
    BF4 is the most noob, COD BF game of all time. Once anyone says it was great anything else they say it moot in regards to the franchise. "I love my noob tube with thermals where 60 players are in the same hallway, boy is that tactical" Operations locker and metro are abominations to the BF name IMO.

I also had some serious issues with the number of crutches in BF4 - but, still not a COD game.
  • NoQuart3r
    BF3 was my fave despite the blue tinge and suppression city.
  • munkt0r
    NoQuart3r wrote: »

BF2 and BFBC Vietnam here.
  • NoQuart3r
    NoQuart3r wrote: »

BF2 and BFBC Vietnam here.

Ah, actually fond memories of Vietnam and the AK. I also still think BFBCs Panama Canal was one of my favourite maps.