Weekly Debrief

Vehicle Bugs Master List (Collaborative Effort)

Comments

  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »
    Great post. Some other bugs I'd like to add:
    • Tanks with secondary weapon (such as Valentine AA Tank with case rounds) can get infinite ammo from the resupply station.
    • Plane wreckage creates a temporary invisible air wall lagging behind the actual model in the air. If you just finish off a plane at close range and fly right past its wreckage, chances are you may hit the air wall and kill yourself.
    • Sometimes when you jump out of a plane as a pilot, game auto-redeploys you even if you are within the infantry boundary of the map.

    Added the tank supply glitch

    For the plane wreckage is it possible this was latency or connection related? I ask because I've flow a decent amount and cannot recall that ever happening to me.

    For the jumping out of the plane thing how often does that occur?

    Second one could be latency related. My wingman who lives in asia always got killed by this bug when he came to play in NA servers. I also got killed by this 2-3 times with a ping < 20.

    Third one happened to me twice after the recent patch. It was like 50% of the chance. And I saw this happen to other players quite a lot of times already. Feel free to test it in any server.

    I have it happen, I think you are right that the hitbox is basically part of the smoke/ oil slick, which is why it's so misleading, makes me have to pull off immediately, or make some distance before killing.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »
    I was just about to write to you actually.

    Don't forget add the infinite resupply bug to the list (without steps of course)... Also I have been repeatedly tweeting devs about this asking for a fix, but I haven't had a single response.

    Also it has been reported that wiggling side to side will make AP/ upgrade rounds pass through you.

    Added the resupply bug - can't believe I forgot that. I made two posts two reddit about it and I think In my mind I had it checked off.

    Regarding The AP round stuff, I'll keep that in mind but I need more proof before adding.
    One BIG bug for me is that the PIAT is doing more damage to the rear of a medium tank (61) than the rear of a medium (56)... Both are far too much IMO.

    I think you mean the piat is doing more damage to the rear of a medium tank than the cannon does right? That is more of a balance thing. In BF4 the RPG did big damage to the rear of the tank so this isn't entirely out of character. Maybe some tweaking needed there but I will leave that for balance discussions.
    Second biggest bug is that if you hit the front track wheel/ tracks during a frontal engagement you will achieve a perfect side armour multiplier, this hurts the Tiger especially as the tracks are quite literally the biggest target on the front, and people always aim for them... For a medium that means 44 damage from a PIAT frontally!

    I do believe this is a bug and I will add that. That's a good catch!
    Other bug is that hits to turrets will do maximum damage at any angle, meaning you can go hull down and 'head glitch' where you just peak the edge of their turret where it should ricochet, but instead achieves max damage.

    That's not a bug but rather intended as a gameplay mechanic. That's more fit for a balance discussion.

    I knew it... Check the Valentine Coaxial's new initial muzzle velocity/ speed!

    350 m/s! (an infantry LMG has 740!)

    http://bfdata.juhala.io/#BFV_4_Lightning/Gameplay/Vehicles/common/WeaponData/GBR/Tank/$BFV_4_Lightning/Gameplay/Vehicles/common/WeaponData/GBR/Tank/GBR_VehicleMG_Firing_BESA.txt

    EDIT: I think it was always 350 m/s, I was referring to it as 400 cause you wrote that on your stats doc?

    Velocity is governed by this line:

    InitialSpeed::Vec3
    x 0.0
    y 0.0
    z 400.0

    This line:

    InitialSpeed 350.0

    is meaningless to vehicle weapons and can be ignored


    Thanks for clarifying the velocity!

    Also when I talk about max damage at any angle regarding the turret, the reason I say it's bugged, is because ricochets aren't possible because of it... I am saying surely that is a bug?

    Regarding the PIAT I meant what I said unfortunately... Here's my findings from testing it:

    PIAT to Pz. 38t & Staghound
    56 Turret
    38 Front
    
56 Side
    56 Rear



    PIAT to Medium Tanks
    31 Turret (any angle)
    35 Front (85 degrees +)
    43 Side (85 degrees +)
    61 Rear (60 degrees +)


    Panzerfaust to Medium Tanks
    19 Turret (any angle)
    21 Front (85 degrees +angle)
    23 Side (85 degrees +)
    29 Rear (60 degrees +)

    PIAT to Tiger
    31 Turret (always disable even with upgraded turret ring)
    22 Turret Mantlet (always disable even with upgraded turret ring)
    30 Front
    37 Side
    48 Rear (always disable)

    PIAT to Churchill VII
    28 Turret
    28 Front
    37 Side
    48 Rear

    

PANZERFAUST to Churchill VII
    17 Turret
    18 Front.
    21 Side
    26 Rear
  • Edge_O_Insanity
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Found two issues tonite,

    Mosquito loses its 250lb bombs if you select the 8 inch rockets

    Rockets only fire the full 8 shot salvo the first time. When you reload, you only get 4....
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    3rd person vehicle as driver. the free look is bugged. it always forces your. view back. I can't drive one direction and free look with out it force reseting
  • ProAssassin2003
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 25
    1. Switching from 3P to FP is buggy on PS4. Sometimes it will bug out and put you in 3P with a FP reticle around the screen. Very annoying. Or it bounces from 3P to FP with no imput. Seems like a Delay.
    2. Tank shells and MG doing no damage to Infantry and Tanks at Random times. Not glancing blows either.
    3. The physics on Tanks are so bad against rocks and rolling over stuff with one track. Usually flips the Tank.


    The entire Systemic Damage needs Overhauled or Deleted. It's a simulation mechanic and doesn't belong.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1. Switching from 3P to FP is buggy on PS4. Sometimes it will bug out and put you in 3P with a FP reticle around the screen. Very annoying. Or it bounces from 3P to FP with no imput. Seems like a Delay.
    2. Tank shells and MG doing no damage to Infantry and Tanks at Random times. Not glancing blows either.
    3. The physics on Tanks are so bad against rocks and rolling over stuff with one track. Usually flips the Tank.


    The entire Systemic Damage needs Overhauled or Deleted. It's a simulation mechanic and doesn't belong.

    I get no. 2 and no. 3 constantly, drives me nuts!
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Found two issues tonite,

    Mosquito loses its 250lb bombs if you select the 8 inch rockets

    You mean it replaces them in the inventory right? If so I don't think that is a bug but someone can correct me if they know more. Added the rocket resupply issue.
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a nice little bug or perhaps a design flaw but anyone driving a light tank will know how when you stop your forward momentum and hold back to reverse you end up continuing forward and turning goes all opposite to what you intend. Only way to stop this is by then going forward and preventing the tank from spinning around. This has cost me countless engagements and has even made me crash into objects. It's like the tank just goes rogue.
    Another issue is with the tow-able weapons. If you use a flak cannon either being pulled or stationary the thing bounces all over and makes your crosshair bounce like mad. If you use an artillery gun sometimes it will drive off down a hill and other times it will pull to the side or shake and wobble.
  • lolingbuffalo
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Found two issues tonite,

    Mosquito loses its 250lb bombs if you select the 8 inch rockets

    Rockets only fire the full 8 shot salvo the first time. When you reload, you only get 4....

    I would have to double check, but I think the "4" you see for rocket ammo only refers to 4 "shots" of 2 rockets. I think. And I also think having them replace the bombs was intentional
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »
    I was just about to write to you actually.

    Don't forget add the infinite resupply bug to the list (without steps of course)... Also I have been repeatedly tweeting devs about this asking for a fix, but I haven't had a single response.

    Also it has been reported that wiggling side to side will make AP/ upgrade rounds pass through you.

    Added the resupply bug - can't believe I forgot that. I made two posts two reddit about it and I think In my mind I had it checked off.

    Regarding The AP round stuff, I'll keep that in mind but I need more proof before adding.
    One BIG bug for me is that the PIAT is doing more damage to the rear of a medium tank (61) than the rear of a medium (56)... Both are far too much IMO.

    I think you mean the piat is doing more damage to the rear of a medium tank than the cannon does right? That is more of a balance thing. In BF4 the RPG did big damage to the rear of the tank so this isn't entirely out of character. Maybe some tweaking needed there but I will leave that for balance discussions.
    Second biggest bug is that if you hit the front track wheel/ tracks during a frontal engagement you will achieve a perfect side armour multiplier, this hurts the Tiger especially as the tracks are quite literally the biggest target on the front, and people always aim for them... For a medium that means 44 damage from a PIAT frontally!

    I do believe this is a bug and I will add that. That's a good catch!
    Other bug is that hits to turrets will do maximum damage at any angle, meaning you can go hull down and 'head glitch' where you just peak the edge of their turret where it should ricochet, but instead achieves max damage.

    That's not a bug but rather intended as a gameplay mechanic. That's more fit for a balance discussion.

    I knew it... Check the Valentine Coaxial's new initial muzzle velocity/ speed!

    350 m/s! (an infantry LMG has 740!)

    http://bfdata.juhala.io/#BFV_4_Lightning/Gameplay/Vehicles/common/WeaponData/GBR/Tank/$BFV_4_Lightning/Gameplay/Vehicles/common/WeaponData/GBR/Tank/GBR_VehicleMG_Firing_BESA.txt

    EDIT: I think it was always 350 m/s, I was referring to it as 400 cause you wrote that on your stats doc?

    Velocity is governed by this line:

    InitialSpeed::Vec3
    x 0.0
    y 0.0
    z 400.0

    This line:

    InitialSpeed 350.0

    is meaningless to vehicle weapons and can be ignored


    Thanks for clarifying the velocity!

    Also when I talk about max damage at any angle regarding the turret, the reason I say it's bugged, is because ricochets aren't possible because of it... I am saying surely that is a bug?

    Regarding the PIAT I meant what I said unfortunately... Here's my findings from testing it:

    PIAT to Pz. 38t & Staghound
    56 Turret
    38 Front
    
56 Side
    56 Rear



    PIAT to Medium Tanks
    31 Turret (any angle)
    35 Front (85 degrees +)
    43 Side (85 degrees +)
    61 Rear (60 degrees +)


    Panzerfaust to Medium Tanks
    19 Turret (any angle)
    21 Front (85 degrees +angle)
    23 Side (85 degrees +)
    29 Rear (60 degrees +)

    PIAT to Tiger
    31 Turret (always disable even with upgraded turret ring)
    22 Turret Mantlet (always disable even with upgraded turret ring)
    30 Front
    37 Side
    48 Rear (always disable)

    PIAT to Churchill VII
    28 Turret
    28 Front
    37 Side
    48 Rear

    

PANZERFAUST to Churchill VII
    17 Turret
    18 Front.
    21 Side
    26 Rear
    One BIG bug for me is that the PIAT is doing more damage to the rear of a medium tank (61) than the rear of a medium (56)... Both are far too much IMO.

    Okay I think what you meant to say now is Piat does more to the rear of the medium than it does to rear of light tank correct?

    Regarding turrets: I understand your point but I believe it may be like that both for balance and technical reasons. Balance because it gives you somewhere to shoot at if you don't want to hit the front armor and have low damage. And technical because some of the turrets are rounded so it may be hard to calculate and also because there were problems in the past games where the shell would hit in the front of the turret but then count as a rear hit because the tank was moving towards the shell and the shell moves very quickly. I think they may have just wanted to keep it simple to avoid complications.

    Great job on the numbers collection too for RPG vs tank! What are these symbols though: 





  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »
    rainkloud wrote: »
    I was just about to write to you actually.

    Don't forget add the infinite resupply bug to the list (without steps of course)... Also I have been repeatedly tweeting devs about this asking for a fix, but I haven't had a single response.

    Also it has been reported that wiggling side to side will make AP/ upgrade rounds pass through you.

    Added the resupply bug - can't believe I forgot that. I made two posts two reddit about it and I think In my mind I had it checked off.

    Regarding The AP round stuff, I'll keep that in mind but I need more proof before adding.
    One BIG bug for me is that the PIAT is doing more damage to the rear of a medium tank (61) than the rear of a medium (56)... Both are far too much IMO.

    I think you mean the piat is doing more damage to the rear of a medium tank than the cannon does right? That is more of a balance thing. In BF4 the RPG did big damage to the rear of the tank so this isn't entirely out of character. Maybe some tweaking needed there but I will leave that for balance discussions.
    Second biggest bug is that if you hit the front track wheel/ tracks during a frontal engagement you will achieve a perfect side armour multiplier, this hurts the Tiger especially as the tracks are quite literally the biggest target on the front, and people always aim for them... For a medium that means 44 damage from a PIAT frontally!

    I do believe this is a bug and I will add that. That's a good catch!
    Other bug is that hits to turrets will do maximum damage at any angle, meaning you can go hull down and 'head glitch' where you just peak the edge of their turret where it should ricochet, but instead achieves max damage.

    That's not a bug but rather intended as a gameplay mechanic. That's more fit for a balance discussion.

    I knew it... Check the Valentine Coaxial's new initial muzzle velocity/ speed!

    350 m/s! (an infantry LMG has 740!)

    http://bfdata.juhala.io/#BFV_4_Lightning/Gameplay/Vehicles/common/WeaponData/GBR/Tank/$BFV_4_Lightning/Gameplay/Vehicles/common/WeaponData/GBR/Tank/GBR_VehicleMG_Firing_BESA.txt

    EDIT: I think it was always 350 m/s, I was referring to it as 400 cause you wrote that on your stats doc?

    Velocity is governed by this line:

    InitialSpeed::Vec3
    x 0.0
    y 0.0
    z 400.0

    This line:

    InitialSpeed 350.0

    is meaningless to vehicle weapons and can be ignored


    Thanks for clarifying the velocity!

    Also when I talk about max damage at any angle regarding the turret, the reason I say it's bugged, is because ricochets aren't possible because of it... I am saying surely that is a bug?

    Regarding the PIAT I meant what I said unfortunately... Here's my findings from testing it:

    PIAT to Pz. 38t & Staghound
    56 Turret
    38 Front
    
56 Side
    56 Rear



    PIAT to Medium Tanks
    31 Turret (any angle)
    35 Front (85 degrees +)
    43 Side (85 degrees +)
    61 Rear (60 degrees +)


    Panzerfaust to Medium Tanks
    19 Turret (any angle)
    21 Front (85 degrees +angle)
    23 Side (85 degrees +)
    29 Rear (60 degrees +)

    PIAT to Tiger
    31 Turret (always disable even with upgraded turret ring)
    22 Turret Mantlet (always disable even with upgraded turret ring)
    30 Front
    37 Side
    48 Rear (always disable)

    PIAT to Churchill VII
    28 Turret
    28 Front
    37 Side
    48 Rear

    

PANZERFAUST to Churchill VII
    17 Turret
    18 Front.
    21 Side
    26 Rear
    One BIG bug for me is that the PIAT is doing more damage to the rear of a medium tank (61) than the rear of a medium (56)... Both are far too much IMO.

    Okay I think what you meant to say now is Piat does more to the rear of the medium than it does to rear of light tank correct?

    Regarding turrets: I understand your point but I believe it may be like that both for balance and technical reasons. Balance because it gives you somewhere to shoot at if you don't want to hit the front armor and have low damage. And technical because some of the turrets are rounded so it may be hard to calculate and also because there were problems in the past games where the shell would hit in the front of the turret but then count as a rear hit because the tank was moving towards the shell and the shell moves very quickly. I think they may have just wanted to keep it simple to avoid complications.

    Great job on the numbers collection too for RPG vs tank! What are these symbols though: 





    The symbols you asked about aren't showing up for me, so I don't know, sorry!

    My theory is that wiggling the turret would have caused shots to bounce, and could have been abused perhaps?! Either way it's BS.

    Also yes I completely miss-typed, I means more to a medium than a light, which is crazy!
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A piece of paper has more resistance to fire than a tank in this game has to explosions.
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »
    Great post. Some other bugs I'd like to add:
    • Tanks with secondary weapon (such as Valentine AA Tank with case rounds) can get infinite ammo from the resupply station.
    • Plane wreckage creates a temporary invisible air wall lagging behind the actual model in the air. If you just finish off a plane at close range and fly right past its wreckage, chances are you may hit the air wall and kill yourself.
    • Sometimes when you jump out of a plane as a pilot, game auto-redeploys you even if you are within the infantry boundary of the map.

    Added the tank supply glitch

    For the plane wreckage is it possible this was latency or connection related? I ask because I've flow a decent amount and cannot recall that ever happening to me.

    For the jumping out of the plane thing how often does that occur?

    Second one could be latency related. My wingman who lives in asia always got killed by this bug when he came to play in NA servers. I also got killed by this 2-3 times with a ping < 20.

    There's a post I saw here that seems to validate this

    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/akssm7/this_is_a_gamebreaking_bug_i_never_see_anyone/

    Adding to the list
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it appears to be the ammo pouch?!
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it appears to be the ammo pouch?!

    Yes it appears the humble death ammo pouch is revealed to be the Keyser Söze of the skies.

    But on a serious note this makes perfect sense actually. The death ammo pouch is a new item in BF and they probably didn't think to set the material modifiers and collision damage to account for mid air collision.
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So I know some things on the list were addressed in the patch but I don't want to mark them as done until we have in game confirmations. If any of you would like to contribute to checking fixes it would be greatly appreciated. To make it easy to understand and to avoid confusion if you can just copy and paste the issue from the list on the OP and say whether it's fixed or not fixed that would be awesome. Thanks in advance for your contributions!

    If you see anything new please report that too of course!
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure if this was noted. In 1st person in tank, people leaving your tank obstruct the guns view. Have been griefed this way more than a few times.
  • DukeSan27
    1163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Faylum wrote: »
    I have a nice little bug or perhaps a design flaw but anyone driving a light tank will know how when you stop your forward momentum and hold back to reverse you end up continuing forward and turning goes all opposite to what you intend. Only way to stop this is by then going forward and preventing the tank from spinning around. This has cost me countless engagements and has even made me crash into objects. It's like the tank just goes rogue.

    This is my favorite (read as most hated) bug.

  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro wrote: »
    Not sure if this was noted. In 1st person in tank, people leaving your tank obstruct the guns view. Have been griefed this way more than a few times.

    Annoying but I'm not sure if it's a bug. More like a design decision. Maybe they can explore making them invisible during entry/exit.... IDK
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One of the worst bugs for me is that while zoomed in, when you are traversing your hull/ turning left or right, your bullets/ rounds go to the side of where you're aiming. In un-zoomed first person view the crosshairs actually move left or right, but these don't like up with your historical zoom sights meaning if you turn your tank at all while shooting you will miss where you're aiming... Even worse there is a cool down, so you have to wait like a second before firing if you want to be accurate!.
Sign In or Register to comment.