Weekly BF

Can we PLEASE get vehicle locking???

Skrukken83
43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
So tired of calling in armor, jump into the cannon seat, only for some "whatever it identifies as" drive off with your vehicle, getting you killed!

Same when you jump out to fix a supply depot only to see your tank drive away GTA5 style....

Comments

• ragnarok013
    3358 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I don't think we'll ever see that happen since it'd be easily abused by trolls locking the tank and walking away until it explodes and respawns a long time later which would effectively prevent a tank slot on your team for a long time.
  • Skrukken83
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think we'll ever see that happen since it'd be easily abused by trolls locking the tank and walking away until it explodes and respawns a long time later which would effectively prevent a tank slot on your team for a long time.

Easy fix, each squad gets a quick spawn for a tank if one is available, limiting the troll locking to 1 pr squad.
  • Doomsayer08
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would just like the driver seat to be locked. If you go too far from the vehicle it will automatically unlock, You die, it unlocks. Sometimes I won’t even get out to build the resupply station if people are around.
  • Skrukken83
    edited January 26
    I would just like the driver seat to be locked. If you go too far from the vehicle it will automatically unlock, You die, it unlocks. Sometimes I won’t even get out to build the resupply station if people are around.

Especially the drivers seat! If i have positioned myself, taking out enemies, the last thing i want is to be driving. People already troll you by running off with your vehicle or driving you into heavy combat where you die, therefore you end up cursing all the Gods and hoping the player who did it gets bum-warts
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

the driver can easily hit a button to change loadouts or weapon on every other vehicle but this one. players want fixes, doesnt have to be so specific to "this" or "that", but going unheard sounds the same still
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

All that is needed is a timer, the driver gets 30 seconds to repair the vehicle or supply station. If he is killed or moves away or takes too long, his seat is unlocked. He only gets to do this once every five minutes or whatever in case a troll tries to abuse it by hopping in and out endlessly.

All a troll has to do to deprive his team of a tank is to drive around in the spawn, since there are no admins anymore to do anything about that, the troll gets his "fun". So he doesn't need a lock feature to be a jerk.