2 months in, Would you pay for Seperate Map content?

Comments

• TOG_Whiskey
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe if they didn't screw the pooch with the worst pre-release marketing in battlefield history, sales would have been strong, no early discount required and the live service would be the success it could have been.
  • otiscamps
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No. People pre ordered and paid about 80 for the game. A few weeks later it was half off. Now say you pay for the maps at full price. A few weeks later they would be half off. I’m not falling for that crap again.

EA , DICE never again will I pay for a hot piece of puke like BF5 . EA , I hope by this time next year your history , you do not deserve any loyalty for the Battlefield community for releasing this half done pile of horse manure
  • karcyon
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 26
    I have Origin Premier, so I would get them for free but I would gladly pay for them anyway since this game is in dire need of more maps. I AM in dire need of more / better maps.
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    karcyon wrote: »
    I have Origin Premier, so I would get them for free but I would gladly pay for them anyway since this game is in dire need of more maps. I AM in dire need of more / better maps.

Not only does it need more maps, they need to release the maps for all game modes and not just 1. Its been how long and Panzerstorm is only now being implemented for Breakthrough on Grand Ops.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    for this sad excuse of a "full-retailed-game" ?
    no until the game goes into a state worth the full price I'd rather light my money on fire again. im sorry but BFV is at best in an early access state atm.
    it took them THREE months to fix the praised progression tree? when are we getting soldier dragging added? Until we actually get the full game (might take a year until i see that happening) im not going to pay them a single DIME
  • NowhereManPG
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hell no.
  • mkonnell
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would gladly pay for premium. Lack of maps is a large weak point right now.
  • rifle77
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is why the gaming community is such garbage. The AAA's pull this crap with pre-order bonuses, season passes, DLC maps and weapon packs and whatever other garbage they wanna sell that actually fragments the community into servers of different map packs, and we gobble it up until we realize, "hey, this sucks". Then we revolt, and the companies finally stop pulling this crap. Then people like you go, "hey, remember that shady practice they started doing to fleece their customers a few years ago that we got them to stop? Wouldn't it be awesome if they did it again?". Are you serious?
  • parkingbrake
    3045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    no until the game goes into a state worth the full price I'd rather light my money on fire again. im sorry but BFV is at best in an early access state atm.
    it took them THREE months to fix the praised progression tree? when are we getting soldier dragging added? Until we actually get the full game (might take a year until i see that happening) im not going to pay them a single DIME

That's a big issue for you, being able to drag wounded teammates? If that's the worst thing you can think of in BFV this game must be in pretty good shape.
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No. I expect balance fixes before I give them any more money.
  • mc22ryan
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would not. BF one premium maps came out very slowly. There was some really cool maps, but it was not worth the $50.
  • DieHarder55
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't, particularly if rented servers become available.

After that, you generally just see the same 5 or 6 maps on all the servers. Most of the majority of the paid maps will almost never get used on the rented servers.

Generally waste of time on DICE's part to make them and waste of money on the player's end.
  • parkingbrake
    3045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't, particularly if rented servers become available.

After that, you generally just see the same 5 or 6 maps on all the servers. Most of the majority of the paid maps will almost never get used on the rented servers.

Generally waste of time on DICE's part to make them and waste of money on the player's end.

That was not my experience, I had no problem finding populated servers running DLC maps in BF3/4.
  • BiggsCV
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The live service has failed miserably. Yes I would pay for Premium for more content/maps. Discount it for people that payed $80 for the game. People that paid for basic version pay more. They guarantee us 1 map a month for 6 months. Plus new skins and weapons.
  • Pelliy
    2033 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nope. I am for no premium. If premium existed, this game would be more divided than it already is.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

That's a big issue for you, being able to drag wounded teammates? If that's the worst thing you can think of in BFV this game must be in pretty good shape.

not the worst thing but advertise key elements are still missing. that was just the first thing that came to my mind if i put out a list off all things worng with BFV the forums might crash due to excessive length
  • doctorrocktor
    1781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Premium should have been in from the start.
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think Dice should charge players BC to get the new weapons that come out if they don't earn them via the special events. I think if they did that and charge BC for cosmetic stuff they'd do fine. I also think they should allow 3rd parties to create maps, and only concern themselves with vetting them prior to putting the maps into the game. Doing this would greatly reduce the amount of resources Dice has to invest for each new map in the game.
  • c0ldsun
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The idea of liveservice is to attract over the long run more players to finance new content. But as player count is already declining, you can forget to get additional stuff. Dice will continue what they have started now and then it is over.