FIX the 1 frame death from high ping ppl ASAP!

5bulletsSLR
83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
as title said, had enough of this 1 frame death from high ping ppl, especially ppl with 120+ ping, so annoying. fix your game ASAP DICE

Comments

• YouPayToCampLOL
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i get one framed from everyone regardless of their ping imagine trying to play like that ;)
  • 5bulletsSLR
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    pest174 wrote: »
    This drives me crazy. My ping fluctuates from 4 to 9, but usually 9, and I can't help getting annoyed when I see someone at 100+ melt me over and over while they soak up my bullets.

happens every time for me
  • 5bulletsSLR
    i get one framed from everyone regardless of their ping imagine trying to play like that ;)

from my experience, the lower ping you get, the more 1 frame death happens for you.
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

from my experience, the lower ping you get, the more 1 frame death happens for you.

How does that even make sense. I do everything on my end to make sure the game runs optimal on my end, but I still get 1 framed.

Gigabit connection, everything hardwired with cat8 ethernet cables, my router is updated, solid state drive in the PS4, steady 9 ping most times, but I still get get thrown into lobbies where most players are OoR with 70 to 250 pings, and I get destroyed by them.
  • 5bulletsSLR

How does that even make sense. I do everything on my end to make sure the game runs optimal on my end, but I still get 1 framed.

Gigabit connection, everything hardwired with cat8 ethernet cables, my router is updated, solid state drive in the PS4, steady 9 ping most times, but I still get get thrown into lobbies where most players are OoR with 70 to 250 pings, and I get destroyed by them.

I am pretty sure thats what happened for most of my death, I have recorded many clips where I die instantly to 100+ ping ppl ( my ping is 7-9)
  • ackers75
    2637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One frame deaths are from people with high packet loss or high jitter.
    I have seen players with pings go from 40ms to 160ms go top of the leaderboard.
    Obviously they are getting a good experience but as usual it’s to the detriment of the players with better connections.
  • 5bulletsSLR
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    It is no news, that Dice wants to be inclusive and refuses to add a ping limit or remove/tone down the compensation for poor connections, "everyone" must be able to play the game the way they want it too ... everyone must be able to join ...

Add to that changing to full Amazon virtual servers (the way they are configured right now) that are no way capable of processing all the info and compensation and you get this mess.

It is all about being inclusive and the money.

and that puts ppl at low ping at huge disadvantages, literally unplayable.
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is no news, that Dice wants to be inclusive and refuses to add a ping limit or remove/tone down the compensation for poor connections, "everyone" must be able to play the game the way they want it too ... everyone must be able to join ...

Add to that changing to full Amazon virtual servers (the way they are configured right now) that are no way capable of processing all the info and compensation and you get this mess.

Has Dice used Amazon's servers for other games, or is BF5 the first?

I'm assuming this is what's contributing to all the pop-ins we've been experiencing with this title.

I jumped on BF1 for a round, and hardly noticed any hiccups with that game.
  • CaptainHardware
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Battlefield 1 was partly on amazon, and partly on one other provider. They actually shifted to all amazon in part because they thought that'd help certain network problems, some battlefield 1 regions were shifted to all amazon during the lifespan of the game after having major problems.

Amazon knows how to host servers, Battlefield V simply has bugs in the netcode. Still better then the Battlefield 4 release.
  • NLBartmaN
    4335 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'm assuming this is what's contributing to all the pop-ins we've been experiencing with this title.

I jumped on BF1 for a round, and hardly noticed any hiccups with that game.

They used to have more than one server provider, so this is the first BF with only Amazon.

Add to that there is NO RSP this time, so also that does not help.

Next to that this game is a lot faster and has more customizations and assignments to track than BF1, so more info to process and it needs to be done faster.

They also almost build the game from scratch and the delay of a month was by far not enough to polish the game, so the netcode has not yet been "tweaked and tuned" like that from BF1
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

This game seems to be in a good place, so glad I took time off to get educated.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    989 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

And I don’t get 1 framed from anyone, ever, regardless of ping. My friend gets it off and on. Frostbyte is the king of consistency.
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Happens to me too. If you pay close attention you'll notice you won't get any hit markers for the first couple of bullets. Considering a lot of the guns have small clips, it's very frustrating.

You can always go prone and camp, seems to be better hit registration for some reason but who wants to lay prone for 30 minutes hoping someone comes by?
  • YouPayToCampLOL
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

my ping is 54 consistent on USE servers on pc. rarely see anyone over 100. doesnt matter though as 1 frame deaths are rampant

• Buzzkill66
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Insta-killed eveytime...no time to react.
  • 1stKyser
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE has no interest in even hindering High ping players from playing outside their region, look at what they implemented in the last patch.

• HUD aim lead indicator has been implemented. This will help players understand when and
    how much they need to lead their shots, should they have a bad ping. It currently appears
    once players have a higher ping than 162.

They gave them more tools to dominate low ping players.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Quit a game where 3 players had 275, 289, 301 Ping. The amount of Insta deaths were insane.
    If I recorded gameplay with the NetGraph showing is there anywhere I could post where Dice would acknowledge the issue? I know they don't bother with the forums but does anyone have their Reddit link?
  • digga11
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same old story it was like this in bf1, you can tell when a few high pingers drop on a server as everything goes fubar. Nothing is going to change. They dropped a ping cap on bf1 for a short period of time and removed it due to the uproar. Good while it lasted.
    How about if people play oor they get no stats or company coin.