This Week in Battlefield V

I hate Hamada

Comments

• Piotrek1983pm
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love Hamada.
  • DIV88_Viking
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's all I wanted to say.

Thanks for reading!

hahahaha :joy:
  • nitto1870
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Grand Operations Hamada Day 1 and fog = the worst garbage ever created
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I pretty much only play conquest, Hamada would be better if it was regular conquest and not conquest assault. That said I do enjoy the map design with lots of natural barriers and good lines of sight.
    Fjell is the only map I don't like, and I might like it better if it didn't have planes but I'm not sure.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 27
    I pretty much only play conquest, Hamada would be better if it was regular conquest and not conquest assault. That said I do enjoy the map design with lots of natural barriers and good lines of sight.
    Fjell is the only map I don't like, and I might like it better if it didn't have planes but I'm not sure.

The planes are actually the only think that save that map for me, funny enough. (Fjell)
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »

The planes are actually the only think that save that map for me, funny enough. (Fjell)

Yea a lot of people I play with enjoy them, I just think the map is too congested and predictable as is that when you add in planes that infantry have very little recourse against, it makes most games I play on it more frustrating than fun. But for pilots I know it is a dream map.
  • ChiefSniper
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I actually like Hamada on TDM/DOM/SCQ... but absolutely hate it on regular CQ. Fjell is pretty much always a riot regardless of the mode :D
  • AhoyDrogon
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To all of you wanting custom servers...DICE aren't allowing them for BF5
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yea a lot of people I play with enjoy them, I just think the map is too congested and predictable as is that when you add in planes that infantry have very little recourse against, it makes most games I play on it more frustrating than fun. But for pilots I know it is a dream map.

Its just the only map that i find fighters to be fun in. There's always plenty of enemy planes to engage. For bombing i prefer Hamada or twisted steel.

But fjell is the only map that i enjoy fighter planes probably due to the fancy maneuvers you can pull off around the mountains.
  • dutchmasta83

Its just the only map that i find fighters to be fun in. There's always plenty of enemy planes to engage. For bombing i prefer Hamada or twisted steel.

But fjell is the only map that i enjoy fighter planes probably due to the fancy maneuvers you can pull off around the mountains.

I have seen some crazy pilots flying through the mountains and it does look pretty cool. Believe I'm not saying they should remove the planes, the map is the map and tons or people love it. Just not my favorite.
  • ChiefSniper
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AhoyDrogon wrote: »
    To all of you wanting custom servers...DICE aren't allowing them for BF5

Stop trolling. You don't know squat.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's only fun if you camp, use lots of mines.
  • dbibby1988
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont mind Hamada. Its alright as long as you can break through and capture B or D flags. I find Aerodrome to be more annoying. I never seem to do well in that map. I find its too open and often get picked off by snipers in the hills at either side of the map.
  • Skepticus66
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hamada is only good on Frontlines mode.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dbibby1988 wrote: »
    I dont mind Hamada. Its alright as long as you can break through and capture B or D flags. I find Aerodrome to be more annoying. I never seem to do well in that map. I find its too open and often get picked off by snipers in the hills at either side of the map.

Hamada is a map that can be breaken through quickly, just flank or drop someone with a plane instead of going for the killzone at A flag. With this said A flag can actually be taken quickly with a proper rush instead of having 20 snipers.
  • VVaxDaddy
    132 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hate Hamada. People say that it's good because it's like a throwback typical large bf map but it just plays miserably. The scale probably isn't as large as I remember but I recall liking some of the larger bf1 maps like Sinai, Lupkow, Kaiserschlact, hell I even enjoyed Heligoland.

I think one of the things that makes Hamada look better is none of the starter maps really feel outstanding or terribly unique to me. Most aren't terrible but are meh. Probably one of my biggest complaints with this game.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 27

#FjellBoat

failboatcover.jpg
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell just sucks. I can't think of anything nice to say about it. The visibility is ridiculous. Sniping recon are basically invisible. Fortify an objective, leave for a minute and come back and a pilot has obliterated it, sometimes it's the friendly ones. Infantry is funneled and easy mowdown for support. And the zerging. It's bad on every map but it's worse there. Gonna defend on objective? Good luck when what you thought was 3 guys is actually 7 or 9. God forbid you end up get pinned in your spawn.
  • lolingbuffalo
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Devastation and Rotterdam are the worst maps
    (See? I can post subjective posts too lol)
    ((I dont mind playing on any map tbh))
  • StormSaxon
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only really duff map is fjell. It can be fun in certain modes but mainly it’s a meat grinder.
    Meat grinders are not fun.

It’s in the same league as Metro and Ardennes, locker. Were people who can’t aim like to spam grenades into thin channels so they can get lots of easy minimum effort kills. Where bipods and snipers are rooted to the spot to gun down any that dare to move through the 2-4 possible bottle necks. Useful when you need to get quick kills for certain guns, but not fun to try and play properly.

Hamada is way above all that. You can play any class on it.

BF1, has plenty of terrible maps. Ardennes, that stupid Gallipoli map, Hegioland (here a giant circle. You die if you land on top of it, if youre not in a boat, you spend 30 minutes running laps around it).. meat grinders. Only meatgrinder that was fun was Fort De Vaux, definitely the best of those low skill/effort maps.
    Then you had your stupid sniper/plane paradise Russian maps...

BF4 maps were very hit and miss rate. Locker terrible, unless you need to farm camping kills. Flood Zone designed by a 13 year old sniper fetishist, Parcel Storm a yawn fest.