This Week in Battlefield V

Assault class needs a nerf

Comments

• Cerben1
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    ‘OHK with snipers isn’t BF’

What were sniper rifles like in BC, BC2, BF3, and BF4?
    If anything, things as they are isn’t Battlefield

‘If only 1% of players can play a class viably then everyone should just play a different class. The classes shouldn’t be touched.’

Should Dice have left the medic class as it was when BFV first came out?

BFI was the way it was because the ‘sweet spot’ was 75-200m away from the target. Obviously that encourages recons to engage targets at those distances, which is far away.
    If you make the sweet spot 0-50m from the target then that’ll encourage recons to engage targets at 0-50m.
    As a result, there’ll be a migration of recons from the 200m+ range to the 0-50m range where they’ll be helpful to their squad.
    This really isn’t that complicated. It’s pretty sad that some people can’t grasp this.

You misunderstood why I brought CoD up.
    I used CoD as a case study to highlight the fact that very few people can use OHK guns well enough to forego the alternatives. Plus, in CoD some of those guns are semi autos and not even BAs. They are that much easier to use and yet it’s still the case that barely anyone opts for them

no BF3 BF4 was one shot kill to body in any range exept for hardcore servers and ther every gun was 1-3 hit to kill balance is every thing same thing in BC2 (BC 1 was concole only never playd that and its not battlefield its Bad comapany so its not realy an Battlefield game ) BF 1942 no one shot kill to the body same in battlefield vietnam BF 2. this was only in BF1 what i know of. the recon class is so called skill based so it should be this way hard to master and rewarding for those that master it. if you want sweet spot 0-50m for BArifles is it fair then to give shotguns one shot kill 0-75m as they cant kill any thing as it is now if its not in 0-9m whit one shot wold that not destroy the balance in all combat? as i said the medic class needed an buff to work in game recon dont need an buff it needs to be ther it is so ppl start playing this game as it was intended and not camp whit recon.

i play recon my self some times but never whit Self loading rifles if its not daily i have it maxed at lvl 20 and 2 one more pice for the krag and i have gold in 3 of them and its not easy sure but if i can do it every one can im close to 45 years old whit broken hands that shake duo to work injurys and pore eyes as well needs glasses but im still doing it. sniping in BF games are muscle memory based or any shooter mauser 95 in game is the best gun for recon any range and easy to learn and have fun whit. master it is hard so is it whit all of the BA rifles. but all can get ther its all about time and learning but hanging on an hill whit 3 more recon will not get you ther its in the mix whit assault and medics playing the objective
  • Ace-Cardd
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 27
    this was only in BF1 what i know of

You are wrong. I dont remember Bf2 and BC2 sweet spot range but in bf 3 and 4 BA were ohk to the chest in range <12,5 m.
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ace-Cardd wrote: »

You are wrong. I dont remember Bf2 and BC2 sweet spot range but in bf 3 and 4 BA were ohk to the chest in range <12,5 m.

Wait, are you saying that BF3 and BF4 had one-shot to the body sniper rifles? That's definitely not true. They all required headshots except for the sniper rifle pickups.
  • bran1986
    5690 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Wait, are you saying that BF3 and BF4 had one-shot to the body sniper rifles? That's definitely not true. They all required headshots except for the sniper rifle pickups.

BF4 had ohk to the chest inside 12 meters when the game released. People complained they were "ghetto shotguns" and were nerfed later on.
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

BF4 had ohk to the chest inside 12 meters when the game released. People complained they were "ghetto shotguns" and were nerfed later on.

Ahh I see. That makes sense. Thanks!
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

Ahh I see. That makes sense. Thanks!

It still OHK in <12.5m range, but it was nerfed so that it cannot OHK an enemy equipped with Defensive perk. That shouldn't be a big deal originally, but this Defensive perk thing is basically the default one which everyone uses. So it's kinda hard to see bolt action rifles One Hit Killing an enemy actually.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Playing assault with Piat and frag grenade launcher feels like playing team fortress 2. You can run around with these smashing everyone with one shot. Too much fun in small game modes. No need to switch to primary.
  • Ace-Cardd
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 27

Yes, it is ohk to the chest in this range. Only exception is defensive perk in bf 4 but not all players wear it. If you dont know about it, you probably never played these games.
  • mf_shro0m
    1464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cerben1 wrote: »
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    ‘OHK with snipers isn’t BF’

What were sniper rifles like in BC, BC2, BF3, and BF4?
    If anything, things as they are isn’t Battlefield

‘If only 1% of players can play a class viably then everyone should just play a different class. The classes shouldn’t be touched.’

Should Dice have left the medic class as it was when BFV first came out?

BFI was the way it was because the ‘sweet spot’ was 75-200m away from the target. Obviously that encourages recons to engage targets at those distances, which is far away.
    If you make the sweet spot 0-50m from the target then that’ll encourage recons to engage targets at 0-50m.
    As a result, there’ll be a migration of recons from the 200m+ range to the 0-50m range where they’ll be helpful to their squad.
    This really isn’t that complicated. It’s pretty sad that some people can’t grasp this.

You misunderstood why I brought CoD up.
    I used CoD as a case study to highlight the fact that very few people can use OHK guns well enough to forego the alternatives. Plus, in CoD some of those guns are semi autos and not even BAs. They are that much easier to use and yet it’s still the case that barely anyone opts for them

no BF3 BF4 was one shot kill to body in any range exept for hardcore servers and ther every gun was 1-3 hit to kill balance is every thing same thing in BC2 (BC 1 was concole only never playd that and its not battlefield its Bad comapany so its not realy an Battlefield game ) BF 1942 no one shot kill to the body same in battlefield vietnam BF 2. this was only in BF1 what i know of. the recon class is so called skill based so it should be this way hard to master and rewarding for those that master it. if you want sweet spot 0-50m for BArifles is it fair then to give shotguns one shot kill 0-75m as they cant kill any thing as it is now if its not in 0-9m whit one shot wold that not destroy the balance in all combat? as i said the medic class needed an buff to work in game recon dont need an buff it needs to be ther it is so ppl start playing this game as it was intended and not camp whit recon.

i play recon my self some times but never whit Self loading rifles if its not daily i have it maxed at lvl 20 and 2 one more pice for the krag and i have gold in 3 of them and its not easy sure but if i can do it every one can im close to 45 years old whit broken hands that shake duo to work injurys and pore eyes as well needs glasses but im still doing it. sniping in BF games are muscle memory based or any shooter mauser 95 in game is the best gun for recon any range and easy to learn and have fun whit. master it is hard so is it whit all of the BA rifles. but all can get ther its all about time and learning but hanging on an hill whit 3 more recon will not get you ther its in the mix whit assault and medics playing the objective

Respect for getting to where you are now but you’re on PC aren’t you?
    I’ve never played BF on PC but I hear that being accurate is a whole lot easier on Pc. I believe that the game should be balanced separately for PC and console for that reason. I should’ve made that clear earlier.

Would you agree that the current model that’s meant to be encouraging people to PTFO isn’t working?

In order to get it to work, using a bolt action at less than medium range needs to be viable. In order for things to work out on console, BAs need to be viable at medium range on console. Unless they completely revamp and improve the aiming on console, which lets be honest isn’t likely to happen, the only solution is to make chest and torso OHK areas for various BAs at PTFO relevant ranges

On the topic of shotguns the difference between shotguns and BAs is that shotgun rounds cover an area whereas BA rounds only cover like a Cm or two. Shotguns are therefore able to inflict damage even when your shot isn’t perfectly centred on the target.
    In another thread I’ve been suggesting that they increase the ROF of shotguns because as things stand, only the drilling is really viable.

Should shotguns be OHK to 75m? No, because shotgun rounds inflict damage over such a large area and so landing shots in CQC is easy.
    If someone up to 15m away has his shotgun sights centred on me and is aiming down sights then I say fair enough, that should kill.

• skippylarue

Yes, it is ohk to the chest in this range. Only exception is defensive perk in bf 4 but not all players wear it. If you dont know about it, you probably never played these games.

I played plenty of BF4 on console and ran the defensive perk (I play on PC now). It was so rare that I saw someone die to a body shot that I guess it slipped my mind.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm guessing after I posted that assault needs a buff on page 1, we've now reached consensus that it does indeed need a buff. Great. I mean it's already good, very good. Better than the other classes, by long shot. But it could be better. As the only class I play I support this decision.

Well my fellow forumfielders, now let's tackle the issue of snipers requiring only one headshot to kill, my proposal is making it two. And a body shot.
  • skippylarue
    Well my fellow forumfielders, now let's tackle the issue of snipers requiring only one headshot to kill, my proposal is making it two. And a body shot.

Here, here.
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Playing assault with Piat and frag grenade launcher feels like playing team fortress 2. You can run around with these smashing everyone with one shot. Too much fun in small game modes. No need to switch to primary.

You probably won't like to hear the fact I sometimes camping stairwells in objective areas with n00b t00b or PAIT.
  • mf_shro0m
    1464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    narnold700 wrote: »

You probably won't like to hear the fact I sometimes camping stairwells in objective areas with n00b t00b or PAIT.

If I were you I’d try to live for as long as i can. St Peter doesn’t let people who do that kinda stuff through the pearly gates

Repent, and you may still have a chance
  • VILE_INFECTION
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Here, here.

How about no.
  • skippylarue

Here, here.

How about no.

I think BaronVonGoon is on to something.
  • DingoKillr
    3548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Here, here.

How about no.

I think BaronVonGoon is on to something.
    He needs to go back to the doctor and get new meds his current ones seem to have serious side effects on his reality.

• Thacyoon
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nerf the assult class and recon, and buff Medic and Support (MMG's). Let revive be medic only, and remove most of the ammo dumps around the maps.
  • GeriatricKiwi
    42 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Just look at CoD. Even though bolt-actions are OHK to anywhere on the body, only like 1% of players would opt to attempt to do that at short-medium range because it’s so hard to do effectively and the vast, vast majority perform better with ARs, semi-autos and LMGs at those distances. This shows that making bolt-actions OHK to be torso or less at short-medium range would not make them OP

Quick scoping snipers in CoD are everywhere unfortunately and you would be amazed how effective a skilled quick scoper is in CQB..
    Even in small maps like flak tower in CoDWW2
    Glad to be away from that sort of gameplay to be perfectly honest.
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 28
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    they could move the g 43/selb 1916 to recon, it would benefit the class a lot

I agree with this.

The G43 with spotting scope and Spawn Beacon would be a great loadout. I actually feel that I would be able to capture flags by myself with that setup if my team were not playing ball.

They need to remove scope glint from recon 3x as well.

I would actually be able to feel very useful when playing as a Recon if this happened.