Five Kills Prone Behind a Sniper Shield... (Resolved, thanks!)

gettysburg11
4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited February 2019
Hi all,

I am a relatively new player to both Battlefield and FPS games in general, having just picked up BF1 via Games with Gold in November. This is the first game in the genre that I've really played with any sort of consistency, and will fully admit that my skill level is rather low.

That said, this infamous sniper shield assignment task is driving me absolutely bonkers. I've read just about every tip out there and tried as many as I can, yet for days I have been unable to get this done. I have reached 3 and 4, but run out of time. Just now, I figured a 200% tickets round of Conquest might give me the time I need, but when my K/D reached a lovely 3:19, I decided it was time to stop (I know K/D is not the be-all end-all, but 3:19 is rather demoralizing).

So, I do apologize for dredging up a topic that is likely old hat for many of you, but I just have to ask if there may be any tips for a rather hopeless player like myself. I'd really like to get this thing done, but I'm wondering if there's any answer besides "git gud lol," and if that's just what it is, then so be it.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer!
Post edited by gettysburg11 on

Comments

• AnzacPete
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The trouble with chasing these unlocks is that you focus on the end result too much at the cost of keeping your head down or moving. (Personal experience). I would be interested in hearing others advice also. 😀
  • ElliotLH
    9602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I completed this on Argonne as I spawned as the Americans and ran to the hill to the right of B so I could shoot at the enemies capping C. If you're finding you don't have enough time to get the kills on Conquest try Operations.

Also you don't have to use a bolt action rifle for this. If you have a friend drop the shield for you then you can go to town with an LMG.
  • MrJayPee71
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    I completed this on Argonne as I spawned as the Americans and ran to the hill to the right of B so I could shoot at the enemies capping C. If you're finding you don't have enough time to get the kills on Conquest try Operations.

Also you don't have to use a bolt action rifle for this. If you have a friend drop the shield for you then you can go to town with an LMG.
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Pro tip!

I’m no sniper but I have played BF1 since launch and never achieved this.

Thanks - might give it another crack
  • DrkBlueXG
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not a sniper but I was able to complete this with the Desert maps with the long distances.
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    From memory i think i did this assignment from the Ballroom roof on BB CQ. You can either parachute onto the roof or climb around (see youtube for vids). People constantly climb up top in the courtyard - popping 5 players didnt take too long :)
  • Pillownaut
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    River Somme as defender on Conquest Assault. Put it down early in the match, on either flank, while defending A from the initial push.
  • RossP317
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You'll probably get 10 different answers from 10 different people.....

However, I did it playing Operations. Particularly if you are in a strong defensive position you can pick off attackers trying to pile into a objective rather than flank. I like the Gehwer98 for this challenge.

Good luck.
  • Moorlander
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is a long time since I did this challenge but seem to remember doing it on one of the Russian maps, next to a tree on a hill overlooking a flag we held, not too far away, probably with a SMLE carbine or similar. I do recall seeing several people attempting this on Ballroom Blitz along the corridors and one on the upper balcony camping out enemy coming up the ladders. I have no idea how successful this was.

Were I trying this now I would opt for Operations on Verdun on the French side. A Gewehr 95 carbine on the defending hill for the last flag in particular, pretty well guarantees a number of 'assist counts as a kill'. Which ever map I chose, I'm pretty sure I would try to hide as much of that useless shield as possible and use a short range rifle with no glint.

I can't for the life of me remember which weapon this unlocks, can anyone remember?
  • Pillownaut
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's for a service assignment.
  • -Antares65z
    1789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Volga River is a good map. Set up about 50-75 meters on the perimeter of C (Blown up church). There is a lot of rubble out there and you blend in nicely. I picked off 5 eager targets in about 5 minutes and was never discovered.
  • DaMutha1
    1473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Amiens, lay at one end of the hallway of the buildings on the A/B side of the tracks, profit.
  • josete75
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I did it Argone Forest, Operations. I think defending one of the last sectors. Only remember last kill was with handgun... I was covered in the shield and suddenly appeared a guy very very close. Pickup the handgun and it counted !
  • disposalist
    8962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm not even sure you need to be a scout. I'm sure someone told me they got behind a scout shield with an LMG and did this one.
  • ElliotLH
    9602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not even sure you need to be a scout. I'm sure someone told me they got behind a scout shield with an LMG and did this one.

Unless they changed it you can indeed. One of my friends did it with an LMG.
  • gettysburg11
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just wanted to pop back in to say thanks very much to all for your help! I finally got it yesterday by playing Operations as a defender on Ballroom Blitz, I had it taken care of within the first couple sectors by taking things slowly and putting myself into good positions. Glad to finally have this out of the way!
  • AnzacPete
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dammit. I still haven't 🤔 The time I had a sweet spot a sneaky energy kept flanking the rest of my team mates and shooting me in the back.
    I'll keep persisting.