Why we like battlefield series? Why we don't like bfv?

Tony-yingc
82 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Why do we like battlefield series?

1. Epic War Scene

2. Vehicles and infantry fight together

3. Easy and interesting shooting experience, but difficult to master

4. Interesting map design enables any type of player to find fun in it.

5. Teams and the whole, whether you are a single player or a team player, you can find fun in the game.

Why are we disappointed with battlefield V?

1. The system does not please hard-core players, nor ordinary players.(spot system and TTK)

2. Focusing too much on teams and ignoring the feelings of single players

3.Map is too big and the battle slows down.

4.Tanks and planes should be powerful but not easy to use,Now they are neither strong nor hard to use.boring~

5.Lots of vehicles and huge maps slow down the battle. More vehicles require more infantry, but this is a 32VS32 game. For example 5 Tanks 2 planes 3 anti-tanker gunners maybe 4-5 sniper 2-3 are watching “sky or trees” , 32 - 5 - 2 - 3 - 4 -2 = 16 , So where is the hot area.

6. Light and dark tones, snow maps and some dark maps are hurting eyes. The light hasn't improved, which makes them tired. Since BF3 BF4 BF1 to BFV it still not fixed, Fixing this is more meaningful than RTX technology.

7. BUG! There are some BUGS that have not been resolved since the beta version, such as Brenheim's perspective and the drop of ammunition boxes.

9. Balance adjustment has not been tested. For example, aircraft

10. The construction model is not interesting. It's below expectation.

By the way, I don't think DICE can handle cheating, so firestrom model ........ hahaha~~~

Comments

• superteds
    1218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    but i do like bfv
  • Catsonspeeed
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tony-yingc wrote: »

With the insanely fast player movement the maps actually feel pretty small imo. You run from the objective to the next one in no time. This also makes defending the objectives very difficult, as you get overrun or flanked in a heart beat.
  • Tony-yingc
    superteds wrote: »
    but i do like bfv

BFV is of average quality, because his previous work is so good, so the core players have more expectations for him. Like eating food, everyone has different preferences. I just share my feelings and those of some people. There are still many problems after three patches, which makes players lose patience.
  • Tony-yingc

With the insanely fast player movement the maps actually feel pretty small imo. You run from the objective to the next one in no time. This also makes defending the objectives very difficult, as you get overrun or flanked in a heart beat.

don't think the map is small. Most of the time players die without seeing the enemy. It's frustrating to see such things happen many times.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Who is this "we" you speak of? I play with long-time BF fans, and they're enjoying BFV despite its bugs and some bad design choices. So speak for yourself.
    5.Lots of vehicles and huge maps slow down the battle.
    LOL, this is the exact opposite of what many players are complaining about, they think the maps are too small and there aren't enough vehicles. Who are we supposed to believe?
    By the way, I don't think DICE can handle cheating, so firestrom model ........ hahaha~~~
    Now you're onto something, I agree that DICE/EA either cannot or will not tackle cheating in the way legit players would like. It's getting worse, I didn't think it was that bad at first but there is no question there are more and more suspicious players all the time.
    Post edited by parkingbrake on
  • Biishope
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. Epic War Scene

5. Teams and the whole, whether you are a single player or a team player, you can find fun in the game.

I have all of that in BFV.

Spot system and TTK ? Spot system on BF1 was crap, just moove and perma press Q to spot, wow so difficult gameplay, 0 flanking possible. TTK is close to BF3 and it was the best.
    And for the other points, I'm not even sure you trully played other battlefield games..
    About cheating well.. Lots of people complain about it, I got 230H played, I never played against or with a cheater. But I was called cheater more than once. Sometimes, people only watch the scoreboard, saw that I'm 60-10 and calling I'm cheating.. I supposed I'm not the only one.
  • Tony-yingc
    Who is this "we" you speak of? I play with long-time BF fans, and they're enjoying BFV despite its bugs and some bad design choices. So speak your yourself.

"we" mean is my and my friends .Bugs, balance and bad design choices u know it is problem.
    LOL, this is the exact opposite of what many players are complaining about, they think the maps are too small and there aren't enough vehicles..

English is not my first language, Here "vehicles" means tanks and planes , u say maps are too small and there aren't enough vehicles, Is that mean "maps is too hugh, so we need more vehicles "

Now you're onto something, I agree that DICE/EA either cannot or will not tackle cheating in the way legit players would like. It's getting worse, I didn't think it was that bad at first but there is no question there are more and more suspicious players all the time.

I think if DICE can't tackle cheating , The firestorm will dead in one or two month , think about PUBG~

• Tony-yingc
    Biishope wrote: »
    1. Epic War Scene

I have all of that in BFV.

Spot system and TTK ? Spot system on BF1 was crap, just moove and perma press Q to spot, wow so difficult gameplay, 0 flanking possible. TTK is close to BF3 and it was the best.
    And for the other points, I'm not even sure you trully played other battlefield games..
    About cheating well.. Lots of people complain about it, I got 230H played, I never played against or with a cheater. But I was called cheater more than once. Sometimes, people only watch the scoreboard, saw that I'm 60-10 and calling I'm cheating.. I supposed I'm not the only one.

I think I am a good player but not the best classes, spot system and TTK ,I try to evaluate this problem as a novice. In fact, I prefer hard-core mode. As for the cheating you said, I think the severity of the cheating problem may vary from region to region. I don't know the cheating situation in other states, but there are many cheaters in Asia, and many of them are my compatriots.I would't easily say that a certain player is a cheater, but cheating is very common. I can even use some data to illustrate it.
  • Tony-yingc
    edited January 2019
    Who is this "we" you speak of? I play with long-time BF fans, and they're enjoying BFV despite its bugs and some bad design choices. So speak for yourself.

we mean is my and my friends, and u said there are bugs and some bad design choices in this game, We are disappointed with these questions.
    LOL, this is the exact opposite of what many players are complaining about, they think the maps are too small and there aren't enough vehicles. Who are we supposed to believe?

English is not my first language ,here "vehicles"means tanks and planes, and u said"they think the maps are too small and there aren't enough vehicles", does that mean map are too big so we need more vehicles?? if maps are small why we need vehicles??
    The situation of cheating is regional. I can even use some data to illustrate it, because I am an Asian, you should come to the Asian server to feel how serious the cheating is.
  • Tony-yingc
    1. "we" mean my and my friends,and u said there are many bugs and bad design choices in this game.
    2. "vehicles" mean are tanks and planes , and u said " they think the maps are too small and there aren't enough vehicles ", does that mean are maps are too big so we need more vehicles?
    3. The situation of cheating is regional. I can even use some data to illustrate it, because I am an Asian, you should come to the Asian server to feel how serious the cheating is.

I edit this three times!! where are is my replies?
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    I highly disagree with points 3 and 5.
    Maps too big and Vehicles slowing down the Gameplay ? Are we talking here about the same game ? The majority of maps are too small and the same goes for the Vehicle numbers.
    While we have Supersoldiers on speed, running faster than a Tank can reverse. Your so called " hot zone " is just another word for a horrible meatgrind which could be found on every map because the Devs decided to fill the already small maps with Flags that are so close together that the Super Soldiers can sprint there in no time ( without needing Vehicles at all and spawning on every squadmate making it even worse ).
    Look at maps of former Battlefield Games. There were mostly several zones where the action happenend and not just one, Caspian Border, Bandar Desert, Golf of Oman, Operation Firestorm, Rogue Transmission, Golmud Railway etc.
    In BF V even the biggest map - Panzerstorm - is centered around the meatgrind at the E,D,C line.
  • iron_site_sniper
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No class balance, assault rules all. This is the biggest issue for me.
  • DingoKillr
    4349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Map size is not a issue for me as different layout play differently and that is fine.
    Vehicles and gadgets need to be looked at as well as the lack of.
    Gun play needs better balance.

Those are common issues in BF but what pisses me off about BFV is this god damn push to make it like so many other FPS where the infantry gun is the most effective thing in game and that running between flags is the best way to win. So we end up with single go to class Assault with the best Anti-Infantry and Anti-Vehicle, this has not happen before in BF. This makes rounds boring as the win team is the one that has the most Assaults.
  • Tony-yingc
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    I highly disagree with points 3 and 5.
    Maps too big and Vehicles slowing down the Gameplay ? Are we talking here about the same game ? The majority of maps are too small and the same goes for the Vehicle numbers.
    While we have Supersoldiers on speed, running faster than a Tank can reverse. Your so called " hot zone " is just another word for a horrible meatgrind which could be found on every map because the Devs decided to fill the already small maps with Flags that are so close together that the Super Soldiers can sprint there in no time ( without needing Vehicles at all and spawning on every squadmate making it even worse ).
    Look at maps of former Battlefield Games. There were mostly several zones where the action happenend and not just one, Caspian Border, Bandar Desert, Golf of Oman, Operation Firestorm, Rogue Transmission, Golmud Railway etc.
    In BF V even the biggest map - Panzerstorm - is centered around the meatgrind at the E,D,C line.

Hot zone is bad words? i just know it,
    in my opinion ,Panzerstorm ,there are 7 flags in this map, The rest of the flags have very little correlation, too many flags make players scattered. reduce tanks and planes and campers ,if there are 2 hot zone ,How many infantry remained fighting for the flag?
  • Tony-yingc
    No class balance, assault rules all. This is the biggest issue for me.

compared with other problems,firearms configuration is not interesting.
  • Tony-yingc
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Map size is not a issue for me as different layout play differently and that is fine.
    Vehicles and gadgets need to be looked at as well as the lack of.
    Gun play needs better balance.

Those are common issues in BF but what pisses me off about BFV is this god damn push to make it like so many other FPS where the infantry gun is the most effective thing in game and that running between flags is the best way to win. So we end up with single go to class Assault with the best Anti-Infantry and Anti-Vehicle, this has not happen before in BF. This makes rounds boring as the win team is the one that has the most Assaults.

Agree
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It s not that i don t like it, it s more like i feel that the game was made by people who just dont have a clue about what they re doing.
  • Tony-yingc
    edited January 2019
    It s not that i don t like it, it s more like i feel that the game was made by people who just dont have a clue about what they re doing.
    I think it's more meaningful to say why u don't like this game