Weapon balance continues to be a joke with assault's overpowered semi-automatic rifles

0SiGHT0
455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
These things need a huge nerf, in terms of recoil and/or damage. They are plaguing the game and ruining any attempt at balance. They have been very obviously the best guns for a while now, as their range and damage over distance is far too accurate and high. Something needs to be done about these weapons.

Comments

• 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    maybe we need to reintroduce higher horizontal recoil onto them and highly punish the META of ADAD dancing with them
    1. Higher Horizontal recoil with a high multiplier for spam fire
    2. reduced movement-speed while ADS
    3. removal of 3x scopes or rework them to 2x scopes

Reworking the entire class-balance is still necessary as far as i am concerned. Assault is just too powerful in BFV
    The ARs are more effective then any comparable gun on any range. the semi-autos also outclass everything outside extreme CQC (0-10m) and there sheer amout of explosives is ludicrous at best and down right broken at worst. i mean the average assault pick-rate on my servers on PC varies between 45-60% that just shows how blatantly underpowered the rest of the classes are in the game. They are quite frankly not worth the bother for many players apparently (medic and scout being hit hardest by it)
    so how would i go about it beyond what has been stated above?
    1. Reworking the entire class balance.

Semi-autos become shared between medic and assault or at least the Turer-SMLE, Gewehr 1-5, M1A1
    Shotguns become shared with Assault and support and re balanced so they can i tab you beyond 10-15m at best
    Some SMGs like the STen and MP40 become accessible to Scout
    ARs become higher horizontal recoil to not make them laserbeams
    3x Scopes are now only accessible by scout and retain their glint
    former 3x Scopes now are 2x Scopes (but the model can stay for all i care as to not make CC-purchases redundant)
    assault looses access to dynamite and gets shifted to either medic or scout (to let them have any means of engaging a tank or campers in buildings)
    splash DMG of launcers (i.E Panzerfaust,PIAT,Frag-launcher) gets reduced and only remain 1 hit kills if hit directly on the chest
    if medic's self-heal turns out to be too strong whith some access to these few semi-autos it can still be balanced afterwords.(i personally dont think it will turn out to be that but they could put a charge on it so you can do it like 2x in a row and after that it recharges for 5-10 seconds just an idea)

2. map design must be reworked i.E more hard cover on the more open maps to make flanking more prominent and give players crossing said open ground a change to duck behind something
    3. rebalancing AA vs. aircraft firepower
    4. Rebalancing AA-tanks against infantry
    5. Rebalancing light tanks to not soak up 3 Panzerfaust hits with indifference making them more of a hit and run glass-canon and reducing the tank-snipers on some maps so they are somewhat forced to close the distant
    6. pre-scattered AT-guns on maps baceause 75% of the palyers either dont bother or care to two AT/AA around and it is really a bad system at best having them face in the wrong angle 75% of the time as well
    7. lower HS-hitbox because HS are just a bit too easy to achieve making siper-bullets even more noticable
    8. General net-code fix (i cant believe it took DICE 3+ months and still counting to get rid of that)
    9. cracking down on the balancing issues in general and improving the next to unnoticeable anti-cheat systems
    10. maybe reworking the medic-revive animation to them having none (this is optionali dont mind the animation if it gets less jarring to trigger i.E you need to stand at the exact right spot in the exact right angle for it to trigger.....

Feel free to put in some constructive criticism with arguments and ideas for improving
    this is my take on a needed rework

Scope's aren't going to do anything. Sorry, but I don't need a scope to kill people across the map with those weapons. Neither do other highly skilled players.

They need lower damage at distances (for example, the Gewehr 43 should never be a 2 shot headshot). There should be a severe recoil penalty for spamming bullets with these guns, while now there is seemingly none at all. It would also help for a lower accuracy if you are moving, but this is more minor as at longer distances you aren't doing this anyway.

The fully automatic assault rifles are not the problem here, it's the semi's that far outclass everything. There is a place for assault rifles, and typically they were given to classes that could not impact vehicles as easily. It is beyond me why DICE decided to put what is normally with the "engineer" with the assault, basically eliminating any need for another class. Their attrition system is horrible and is an annoyance, if anything, to an assault player. But again, class balance here is very MINOR compared to the sheer overpowered nature of the semi-automatic rifles. Nerfing them alone would reduce the efficacy of the assault class as it stands today.

The semi-auto rifles are indeed like laser beams, and they need to be taken care of ASAP.
  • VincentNZ
    2133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They do not have horizontal recoil by the way.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They probably are way to good for adad dancing and probably need to go to four hits to kill at some range.
  • DigitalContagion
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First off, very good suggestions/points about the Assault class, however, I don't see DICE experimenting "too much" with the "wish list".

If you share semi-auto's with the Medic class, especially M1A1, Turner and Geweher 1-5, you'll have a never dying Medic. Trust me. This is why DICE learned from BF1 with SLR's with Medic class. Medics in BF1 were more of a stand off player than up in the front lines with the "assaulting" players that needed quick heals and revives like you find in BFV, a complete 180 degree turn around in the Medic class. You give me a SLR as a Medic, you may as well throw away the ability to revive b/c that's not gunna happen. You're going to find less medics reviving then than now. Medic revives are at a all time high right now in BFV, it's glorious because DICE finally balanced them in a place where you feel like a Medic. Although, medic class may not be up to par of how "OP" Assault is, Medic weapons have made huge strides becoming balanced since the beginning.

Not every assault player likes to rock the 1x or 2x scopes. Maybe for the AR's, sure, I can agree with that. I prefer 3x on pretty much all the SLR's. Assaults are the driving force of the front lines, but not every Assault player plays that way. The 3x scopes make the Assault viable in that way. I don't like to rush into objectives without scoping out the AOR first. 3x scopes provide that "comfort" zone to where the player can view enemies at a glance without second guessing themselves with a 1x scope wondering if that's a rock that's well blended within rubble or a round grey helmet peaking out that can be picked off.

If you take a poll on what class a lot of players favor the most, it's going to be Assault. It's been assault for decades since FPS were in existence. Why? Because they are versatile, heavy damage dealers to armor and have the fire power to blow through the front lines making way for Medic and Support classes supporting them capturing objectives. How many times do you see a lone Medic, Support or Recon class capture the objective? Not many. How many at a time do you see Assaults take over a objective? At least 3-7 of them with 1-2 Medics and Support players with them. How many Medics, Support or Recon players do you see going after tanks? Pressuring them and ultimately destroying them? Most likely none. This is why Assault class needs the fire power they have and the heavy damage dealing gadgets.

If you nerf the Assault class including the Panzerfaust, PIAT, Frag Grenade Rifle, AT Grenade Bundle and Dynamite, you nerf the whole concept of being "Assault". So, what class will take the reigns of "assaulting" objectives since the Assault's prowess will be reduced down to the likes of the Recon class? Support? Medic? Recon? Don't forget, every class has it's pro's and con's that come with them.

Assault class are high powered damage dealers to both infantry and armor and mainly front line assault to capture objectives.

Medics with quick revive, provide smoke for cover and able to fight close-mid range engagements.

Support for dishing out suppressive fire med to long range engagements, vehicle repair, quick fortification and providing quick ammo resupply.

Recon mainly for providing intelligence to the team via Spot Flare or Spotting Scope and counter sniping.

I'm not trying to bash anyone's brains in here and saying "No, you're wrong!", I'm simply voicing my opinion just like everyone else trying to have you think "outside the box" weather you find constructive or criticism feedback. Either way, I believe both are warranted here.
  • Epthy
    443 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TL;DR
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    First off, very good suggestions/points about the Assault class, however, I don't see DICE experimenting "too much" with the "wish list".

If you share semi-auto's with the Medic class, especially M1A1, Turner and Geweher 1-5, you'll have a never dying Medic. Trust me. This is why DICE learned from BF1 with SLR's with Medic class. Medics in BF1 were more of a stand off player than up in the front lines with the "assaulting" players that needed quick heals and revives like you find in BFV, a complete 180 degree turn around in the Medic class. You give me a SLR as a Medic, you may as well throw away the ability to revive b/c that's not gunna happen. You're going to find less medics reviving then than now. Medic revives are at a all time high right now in BFV, it's glorious because DICE finally balanced them in a place where you feel like a Medic. Although, medic class may not be up to par of how "OP" Assault is, Medic weapons have made huge strides becoming balanced since the beginning.

Not every assault player likes to rock the 1x or 2x scopes. Maybe for the AR's, sure, I can agree with that. I prefer 3x on pretty much all the SLR's. Assaults are the driving force of the front lines, but not every Assault player plays that way. The 3x scopes make the Assault viable in that way. I don't like to rush into objectives without scoping out the AOR first. 3x scopes provide that "comfort" zone to where the player can view enemies at a glance without second guessing themselves with a 1x scope wondering if that's a rock that's well blended within rubble or a round grey helmet peaking out that can be picked off.

If you take a poll on what class a lot of players favor the most, it's going to be Assault. It's been assault for decades since FPS were in existence. Why? Because they are versatile, heavy damage dealers to armor and have the fire power to blow through the front lines making way for Medic and Support classes supporting them capturing objectives. How many times do you see a lone Medic, Support or Recon class capture the objective? Not many. How many at a time do you see Assaults take over a objective? At least 3-7 of them with 1-2 Medics and Support players with them. How many Medics, Support or Recon players do you see going after tanks? Pressuring them and ultimately destroying them? Most likely none. This is why Assault class needs the fire power they have and the heavy damage dealing gadgets.

If you nerf the Assault class including the Panzerfaust, PIAT, Frag Grenade Rifle, AT Grenade Bundle and Dynamite, you nerf the whole concept of being "Assault". So, what class will take the reigns of "assaulting" objectives since the Assault's prowess will be reduced down to the likes of the Recon class? Support? Medic? Recon? Don't forget, every class has it's pro's and con's that come with them.

Assault class are high powered damage dealers to both infantry and armor and mainly front line assault to capture objectives.

Medics with quick revive, provide smoke for cover and able to fight close-mid range engagements.

Support for dishing out suppressive fire med to long range engagements, vehicle repair, quick fortification and providing quick ammo resupply.

Recon mainly for providing intelligence to the team via Spot Flare or Spotting Scope and counter sniping.

I'm not trying to bash anyone's brains in here and saying "No, you're wrong!", I'm simply voicing my opinion just like everyone else trying to have you think "outside the box" weather you find constructive or criticism feedback. Either way, I believe both are warranted here.

you do see support going for tanks as they have mines and an at rifle grenade to finish it the others two classes have no at weapons so the only time they charge the tank is as a sacrifice so at gets a clear shot.
    i think recon should get the k bullets back or the dynamite and medics should get the at rifle grenade and assault should lose the mines as having launchers, mines , dynamite and an at cluster Grenade is to much.
  • 0SiGHT0

Assault in Bad Company 2 had a grenade launcher as the only real impact against vehicles (and it did very little), and they gave out ammo boxes. In this game, the Assault is the "do it all" class and the attrition system is their attempt at making the other classes be useful. The attrition system is an awful gimmick and they should just go back to how they used to balance these classes.

But that isn't even the point, this is to discuss the semi-auto assault guns only and nothing really else. They should not be with ANY class in their current state as they are severely overpowered.
  • macktiz45
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you take a poll on what class a lot of players favor the most, it's going to be Assault. It's been assault for decades since FPS were in existence. Why? Because they are versatile, heavy damage dealers to armor and have the fire power to blow through the front lines making way for Medic and Support classes supporting them capturing objectives.

Until battlefield 1 just a couple years ago, assault kit has never had dedicated anti-armor weapons. That’s 14 years of keeping assault rifles and grenade launchers separate from anti-tank weapons, and I don’t recall anyone having a big issue with that. I somewhat agree with your points on the medic and semi auto rifles, but I thought assault kit having smgs and antitank weapons was an ok pairing in bf1, though I’d much rather go back to the bf2 class system, which was great imo. Assaults carried AR’s with increased max ammo, had body armor for some damage reduction, and had grenade launchers. This all combined for a kit that was very good in infantry firefights and pushing, but weak vs vehicles.
    If we have to stick with this 4-class system (which seems rather pointless and arbitrary), I think bf4 had a decent balance, with assaults having meds and AR’s/grenade launchers. This made a squad of supports very good at pushing objectives, keeping each other alive for sustain, and capping flags. Oh and the shared-class weapons was nice.
    wrote:
    How many times do you see a lone Medic, Support or Recon class capture the objective? Not many. How many at a time do you see Assaults take over a objective? At least 3-7 of them with 1-2 Medics and Support players with them. How many Medics, Support or Recon players do you see going after tanks? Pressuring them and ultimately destroying them? Most likely none. This is why Assault class needs the fire power they have and the heavy damage dealing gadgets.

But... you’re describing the exact problem...
    You see lots of assaults pushing objectives AND taking out armor because they are the best class AT EITHER!!!
    If they weren’t so universally good and had some of their strengths split to other classes, you wouldn’t see a herd of assaults doing all the work, all the time.

It’s kind of like saying “why not create a class called ‘1-man army’ and give access to all weapons and 4 gadgets and double ammunition and double health? It would make sense for a class with that name to be that strong right?”
    Well... it would make logical sense for a class called “1-man army” to be crazy good, but it would be terrible for class and game balance. In the same way, the name “assault” should not simply mean “all the best weapons and gear because it’s in the name”.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @DigitalContagion
    well i disagree with the majority of your statements
    1. semi-autos were initially intended for medic in the alpha. they had the G43. they even had it in some promotional material shortly before the BETA. it was not brokenly OP
    2. in BF1 you had some medics who would stay behind the frontline due to their weapons sure. But with the avtomat added and the selfloading extended they were a menace in CQC it boiled down to the individual but they had versatility which they do not have now.
    3. revives being at an "all-time-high" is at best an overstatement i rarely get a revive in BFV simply because of the lack of medics period .
    4. The flow of the maps and how players are approaching objectives is a lot slower then in BF4/BF1 due to TTK,visibility and the focus on mid-range on all classes but the medic.to be a effective medic according to you a medic should be where his team is and support from there SMGs dont want that play-style as they are CQC focused and so you rush ahead and get killed anyways with no hope of the team pushing up anytime soon
    5. why would a mid-range option brak the idea of medic doing their class-role? this is at best what you think might happen but in BF1 this was not the case across the grand data.
    6. if the SMGs were even close to how they were in BF1 we wouldnt have this conversation
    7. In BF1 explosives where more wide-spread as well. Limpets and AT-grenades. HE-mortars and k-bullets so a organized squad could threaten a tank now its just a zerk of assaults if they even bother since they tend to waste it on easy kills from infantry.
    why shouldn't we distribute it a bit more at best squads have a reason to push tanks together and not leave it to the maybe-happening zerg.
    gives more options to the other classes and makes them more appealing.
    And if it turns out to be the worst after implementation it could be reverted from. but i doubt it would make the game that less playable

• CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    These things need a huge nerf, in terms of recoil and/or damage. They are plaguing the game and ruining any attempt at balance. They have been very obviously the best guns for a while now, as their range and damage over distance is far too accurate and high. Something needs to be done about these weapons.

I dont think that they are unbalanced. At close range with a semi auto you lose to almost everything else in the game, and at medium range? trying to go up against another assault a d a d-ing with an asssault rifle, you have about a 50% chance of winning if you have a good aim. Semi auto's should be king at longer range gun fights, I mean they should be really good at something, don't you think?
  • 0SiGHT0
    edited January 28
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »

I dont think that they are unbalanced. At close range with a semi auto you lose to almost everything else in the game, and at medium range? trying to go up against another assault a d a d-ing with an asssault rifle, you have about a 50% chance of winning if you have a good aim. Semi auto's should be king at longer range gun fights, I mean they should be really good at something, don't you think?

If you know how to use them, you can use the semi's up close just fine, I do it all the time and just spray and strafe. You can also use your 2 shot body shot 1 shot headshot overpowered semi-auto shotgun revolver if you really need to.

They have pin point accuracy at range, under no circumstance should you be rewarded for spamming it with literally zero recoil or spread. It's never been like this in BF and it never should be, even BF1 had a tiny penalty while this game has none. And BF1's semi's were also very powerful.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Personally I think they are fine, but that's just my opinion. I think I die way more from automatic weapons in this game.
  • 0SiGHT0
    edited January 28
    Personally I think they are fine, but that's just my opinion. I think I die way more from automatic weapons in this game.

Well there are a lot more automatic weapons... but it's pretty clear and obvious from using them myself and seeing/hearing from others that I play with that they are overpowered.
  • M_Rat13
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    maybe we need to reintroduce higher horizontal recoil onto them and highly punish the META of ADAD dancing with them
    1. Higher Horizontal recoil with a high multiplier for spam fire
    2. reduced movement-speed while ADS
    3. removal of 3x scopes or rework them to 2x scopes

Reworking the entire class-balance is still necessary as far as i am concerned. Assault is just too powerful in BFV
    The ARs are more effective then any comparable gun on any range. the semi-autos also outclass everything outside extreme CQC (0-10m) and there sheer amout of explosives is ludicrous at best and down right broken at worst. i mean the average assault pick-rate on my servers on PC varies between 45-60% that just shows how blatantly underpowered the rest of the classes are in the game. They are quite frankly not worth the bother for many players apparently (medic and scout being hit hardest by it)
    so how would i go about it beyond what has been stated above?
    1. Reworking the entire class balance.

Semi-autos become shared between medic and assault or at least the Turer-SMLE, Gewehr 1-5, M1A1
    Shotguns become shared with Assault and support and re balanced so they can i tab you beyond 10-15m at best
    Some SMGs like the STen and MP40 become accessible to Scout
    ARs become higher horizontal recoil to not make them laserbeams
    3x Scopes are now only accessible by scout and retain their glint
    former 3x Scopes now are 2x Scopes (but the model can stay for all i care as to not make CC-purchases redundant)
    assault looses access to dynamite and gets shifted to either medic or scout (to let them have any means of engaging a tank or campers in buildings)
    splash DMG of launcers (i.E Panzerfaust,PIAT,Frag-launcher) gets reduced and only remain 1 hit kills if hit directly on the chest
    if medic's self-heal turns out to be too strong whith some access to these few semi-autos it can still be balanced afterwords.(i personally dont think it will turn out to be that but they could put a charge on it so you can do it like 2x in a row and after that it recharges for 5-10 seconds just an idea)

2. map design must be reworked i.E more hard cover on the more open maps to make flanking more prominent and give players crossing said open ground a change to duck behind something
    3. rebalancing AA vs. aircraft firepower
    4. Rebalancing AA-tanks against infantry
    5. Rebalancing light tanks to not soak up 3 Panzerfaust hits with indifference making them more of a hit and run glass-canon and reducing the tank-snipers on some maps so they are somewhat forced to close the distant
    6. pre-scattered AT-guns on maps baceause 75% of the palyers either dont bother or care to two AT/AA around and it is really a bad system at best having them face in the wrong angle 75% of the time as well
    7. lower HS-hitbox because HS are just a bit too easy to achieve making siper-bullets even more noticable
    8. General net-code fix (i cant believe it took DICE 3+ months and still counting to get rid of that)
    9. cracking down on the balancing issues in general and improving the next to unnoticeable anti-cheat systems
    10. maybe reworking the medic-revive animation to them having none (this is optionali dont mind the animation if it gets less jarring to trigger i.E you need to stand at the exact right spot in the exact right angle for it to trigger.....

Feel free to put in some constructive criticism with arguments and ideas for improving
    this is my take on a needed rework

Ok a couple things:

Trying to make semi auto weapons cqc only is counter productive. People don't clear rooms with DMRs, they use SMGs and shotguns. In fact, DMRs are already OP in cqc, and need a massive nerf. SMGs are losing to them simply becuase DMRs suffer zero accuracy penalty.

And that's the issue. If you had to be stationary to hit targets, like with recon weapons, they'd be specialized, not all purpose. Then, the run and gun assualts would use ARs, and the sniper assualts would stay in the back like they should, except now recon would actually have a chance to hit them, so it wouldn't be plain sailing.

Also, no more stupid comments about sniper medics. No. Just no. No one wanted them in bf1, so cut it out here. I like that if someone picks medic now, they do there actual job. Personally, ARs would be a logical choice if you wanted more range lol, but whatever, hypocrit.

Right, rant out of the way. Everything else seems fine. I will add though just fix ADAD spam in general. They fixed it in bf1, and they should of just learned there lesson. Fix it dice!
  • MSKelly1976
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And yet almost every assault player I run into is running with the StG 44...
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 28
    @M_Rat13
    1.never said making semi-autos CQC weapons but they are literally never used without 3x scope but if you want to shoot someone at long range you can still do so only need to actually aim with the irons/2x Scopes...
    2.the assault would still have the ARs as well as the medic would still have the SMGs its mainly about switching it up mainly sice the medic class literally has no options beyond SMGs and they desperately need some and no matter what weapon you give ppl who have no intention of playing their part healing/reviving they will not do it period.
    3. in BF1 it was penalized and ADAD needs to be fixed we agree on that
    4. ARs can suffice just as much but then you would **** of too many assaults feeling cheated since Semi-autos seem to be used less.
    5. you cant put everyone in one had regarding sniper-medics because that is your experience and did not reflect it whatsoever in any stats i ever saw.
    6. SLRs in BF1 were more then capable of clearing rooms in CQC i.E m1907 Sweeper/Trench/Factory Autoloading extended/ fedorow avtomat/ and cei-rigotti were all focused on more close-mid range combat
    7. and since we now have sniping assaults it is better in what regard?
    8. semi-autos are better SLRs in this game i mean why would a sniper try to oppose them higher RPM more DPS less Vertical recoil and faster movment on top.
    9. SMGs are objectivly worse then any weapon with comparable fire-rate even in CQC making only 3 out of all SMGs actually good in CQC but limiting them even more in close-mid range
    10. sure give me ARs and lets see how balanced that will be
  • Noodlesocks
    2352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just need to buff everything else. Everything feels so weak in this game.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    Just need to buff everything else. Everything feels so weak in this game.

I'm starting to wonder if it's the network code, as some days my weapons feel deadly as heck, and the next day they feel unusually weak and spongy.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 28
    Yes I think I agree slightly but also have a different opinion.

I think that the problem with Assaul class semi auto rifles is their rate of fire with good distance.
    I dislike that you can dance with the 66% movement buff against a bolt action sniper and if he doesn't headshot you, you are almost guaranteed the kill because he can't keep up with your rate of fire and no recoil.

So I believe they are over performing against snipers at LONG RAGE. They should be good at medium range, but maybe we decrease bullet speed, or damage, or increase bullet drop at longer distances...

Too many times have I been "SNIPED" by assault rifles that were super long shots because they have so many shots to gauge their distance.

To me they are making the Recon class suffer, so a buff to bolt actions and slight nerf to Assaults (emphasis on decreasing their long rage capabilities) would be welcome.