Sick of unstoppable plane

Comments

• azelenkin0306
    565 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I've been hearing about overpowered planes since BF1, but I was always wandering why am I the only one in the whole **** team who has equipped AA Rocket gun and tried to take the plane down?

If plane dominates, then it's completely your team's fault, because they are too busy padding their stats. Because when you go against the experienced Tanker or Pilot, your KD will suffer and SPM will **** itself up.

I am sick of posts like these, when people instead of trying to do something/change their strategy/adapt go to forum and complain about how things are overpowered

Yeah, let's remove planes. Let's remove tanks as well - why do we need these Stat padders? All we want is to run and shoot people's balls in stylish uniform with clown paint and Jason's masks

Your post is silly.. there is no AA Rocket gun in BF V (and I believe it was called the AT Rocket Gun because it was primarily for tanks, but later used on infantry) I have videos of me taking down multiple planes with it.. but in BF V, we have NOTHING.. do you get it? The AA guns situated on the map are firing pillows and rubber-duckies at OP aircraft. Please try to keep up... (Have you played BF V?)

I know that AA Rocket gun is not in BFV. This was just an example from BF1 when, even having very effective weaponry to take down planes, literally noone was bothering to do it.

In BFV you have weapons, AA and rockets. That's enough to take down any plane if you really want to do it. The problem is the same as it was in BF1 - noone wants to do it, noone wants to adapt and change tactics, noone wants to use brain and try to outsmart the experienced pilots.

Taking down any type of vehicles should be a team effort. Taking down the experienced tanker and pilot should 2x team effort. That's how the teamplay should be encouraged - not this stupid Attrition and artificial limitations.

• DK_Bastian2
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell is pronounced in (Hjell) or as pronounced in Danish "Fjæl" :open_mouth:
  • FluffyWolfiePaw
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Why should you be rewarded for bad aim?

Even if the aim was perfect the gun in Valentine AA overheats so quickly and does so little damage per shot that you can't even protect yourself effectively:

Plane got 26 dmg, tank got 60-80 dmg
  • Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why should you be rewarded for bad aim?

Even if the aim was perfect the gun in Valentine AA overheats so quickly and does so little damage per shot that you can't even protect yourself effectively:

Plane got 26 dmg, tank got 60-80 dmg

Could it not be that the AA shells are bugged atm?
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think that when the AA gun overheats the whole thing should blow up killing the player inside and anyone close by.
  • StorminNorman123
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ****, I get bombed into oblivion constantly.

stop camping.....
    AA flak shells are flat out bugged and now require direct hits to deal damage.

wow just wow. Why should you be rewarded for bad aim?

Yes, I camp at the flags all the time capturing them......
  • 40PE
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is way too easy and boring as hell.

I must be blind. What is he doing? I can't see. Drops a bomb on them or what the hell?
  • FluffyWolfiePaw
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Could it not be that the AA shells are bugged atm?

Yeah, they are. Or at least were when I was recording that. I will test it again after I download the new update which is supposed to fix that.

40PE wrote: »
    I must be blind. What is he doing? I can't see. Drops a bomb on them or what the hell?

He is using rockets, you can tell from the shape of 3rd person crosshair.

• azelenkin0306
    565 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I've been hearing about overpowered planes since BF1, but I was always wandering why am I the only one in the whole **** team who has equipped AA Rocket gun and tried to take the plane down?

If plane dominates, then it's completely your team's fault, because they are too busy padding their stats. Because when you go against the experienced Tanker or Pilot, your KD will suffer and SPM will **** itself up.

I am sick of posts like these, when people instead of trying to do something/change their strategy/adapt go to forum and complain about how things are overpowered

Yeah, let's remove planes. Let's remove tanks as well - why do we need these Stat padders? All we want is to run and shoot people's balls in stylish uniform with clown paint and Jason's masks

Your post is silly.. there is no AA Rocket gun in BF V (and I believe it was called the AT Rocket Gun because it was primarily for tanks, but later used on infantry) I have videos of me taking down multiple planes with it.. but in BF V, we have NOTHING.. do you get it? The AA guns situated on the map are firing pillows and rubber-duckies at OP aircraft. Please try to keep up... (Have you played BF V?)

I know that AA Rocket gun is not in BFV. This was just an example from BF1 when, even having very effective weaponry to take down planes, literally noone was bothering to do it.

In BFV you have weapons, AA and rockets. That's enough to take down any plane if you really want to do it. The problem is the same as it was in BF1 - noone wants to do it, noone wants to adapt and change tactics, noone wants to use brain and try to outsmart the experienced pilots.

Taking down any type of vehicles should be a team effort. Taking down the experienced tanker and pilot should 2x team effort. That's how the teamplay should be encouraged - not this stupid Attrition and artificial limitations.

you sound absurd, the mechanics are broken and balance is in favor of air. it sounds more as if you want to tell people you hit a plane once with a rocket than anything else. do you want a cookie? i knocked over 1000 out the sky in bf4 with rpgs, doesnt mean its the viable option for the base of players. the update is coming, the developers saw the inbalance, and youre welcome

Why do I sound absurd? Vehicles should be much stronger than one soldier. If not, what's the point of vehicles? Pretend that we're still playing Battlefield, not some generic run'n'gun shooter.

If one player can easily take down the vehicle, it's not a balance. Once again, taking down vehicles should be a team effort, not a one generic Assault who can equip rockets and start decimating tanks and planes.

Of course strong vehicles will be abused by many players, because they're just **** players and they will abuse everything they find to pad their stats. It's really stupid to balance the whole around the idea that it might be abused by someone. To prevent this kind of stuff Battlefield should remove all weapons, vehicles, planes and stationaries and leave soldiers with knives for a fair fight.

Just for the reference: I have 0 hours as a pilot in Battlefield and I am not defending them. I am all for combined warfare with powerful tanks and strong planes
  • BoSsDoG101
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Well you got your wish MAA now MELTS planes after the patch
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BoSsDoG101 wrote: »

So they did a DICE again and went from too weak to ridiculously powerful?
  • BoSsDoG101
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »

Yip it is more powerful now then it was at launch
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »

Yip it is more powerful now then it was at launch

Haha, of course it is. Well, will have to wait until later to get instantly shot down by same random rank 0 potato... :smiley:
  • Crestfall4
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    has anyone tried plane now? lmao, good job dice. i cant even fly away with spitfire from flakpanzer even more than 800m away
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This patch is meant to fix this BS?
  • okiie_918
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    I knew they would cater to the noobs they always do! And they never know how to adjust something it's always to much of something!
  • SirBobdk
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    has anyone tried plane now? lmao, good job dice. i cant even fly away with spitfire from flakpanzer even more than 800m away
    What is the average IQ at dice or dont they fly.
  • Crestfall4
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    What is the average IQ at dice or dont they fly.

i have litearlly no clue what they were thinking. I think this is the most op patch for the AA tanks & gun probably, i havent really tried facing aa gun. I just quit after being ripped off by flakpanzer two times in less than 2 seconds even when i use the insant repair.