Snipers ARE overpowered

Comments

• VRtroper
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA, do something about the overpowered snipers in this game. Literally the whole opposing team is sniping. That speaks for it self as proof of it. It's bad enough you got level 50 fighting basically newbies. This game is a joke.

Friend, this is a battle I've been leading since battlefield 1 and nobody listens to us.

I'll tell you what happens in DICE / EA, they only care about our money. If people like to play 32 vs 32 snipers and give them money, nothing else matters.

I invite you to go through the post I opened on the same topic, games such as red orchestra or hell let louse use a very good balance system so that the game is not frustrating.

Welcome to BATTLESNIPER V

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/176458/you-are-sinking-battlefield-v#latest
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Medics are better than snipers unless you're playing Aerodrome, panzerstorm, or hamada.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1719 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Snipers are most definitely not OP. Too many snipers on a team is detrimental however.
  • Kongo030
    605 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only problem with Snipers is that bunny hopping is a viable countermeasure so people jump like id...s.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just when I think I've seen it all...
  • Johnny__Rogueps3
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The spotting flares have received a huge buff in the last patch. If you call in a supply drop and make use of it you can light the whole area up with red dots. Just keep firing them in the air and resupply. Helps the whole team drastically.
  • NilSatisOptimum
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A team full to the brim with snipers is a team that is going to lose.

And there are only couple of maps where they are actually effective, then it's balanced by opposition having the same terrian.
  • Kunstula
    414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Too many snipers and overpowered snipers are 2 different things OP, don't mix them up.
  • StreliziaDeWitt
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thacyoon wrote: »
    Nerf all the snipers. Force them to be prone and laying still to be able to ADS!

Kinda does already if you want dem gold skins. :p
  • von_Campenstein
    6554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If everyone is camping in the back with scopes someone is bound to get you, it doesn't mean it's overpowered.

Had iron sights bolt actions really been a viable option you'd see more Scouts in the mix and not proning at the edges but bolt action rifles in a WW2 game, that's outrageous!
  • V4NILLABE4R
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you were to limit the amount of Recons all you would do is open your game up to tonnes more KE7 wielding Support Snipers, G43 Assault Snipers and then go and complain that one of those classes is over utilised and beg DICE to limit those also...
    We'll end up being 64 Medics running around reviving all day and rounds never ending.

Get a grip. People pay to play how they wish. And if that's with 16 other Recons then so be it...
  • asadqureshy
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love when the other team is entirely snipers. Take medic, pop smoke and run to the objectives. What are they gonna do in close combat. Easy win.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1415 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They nerfed the glint is what happened. I have no problem nerfing snipers or scopes, but as was said, ironsight scopless bolt actions are useless on this game, and a bit ironic, being infantry rifles are what mostly was fielded to these two factions. Nerf the Snipers, Buff the Rifleman.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 28
    full951 wrote: »
    not really. imo there needs to be a one hit kill range added for bolt actions. and better gadgets like dynamyte. otherwise it's a rather anemic class. some maps and modes do have sections where snipers get their range with an overview of the objectives.. can't really fault players for taking advantage of the one advantage the class has. give Recon different primary weapons too.

THIS

If you snipe someone in at close enough range it should be a 1 shot kill. (For bolt actions only).

Given that the Assault class has 2 shot headshots with some of those rifles being able to fire 10-20 rounds in quick succession... this isn't asking much haha.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love when the other team is entirely snipers. Take medic, pop smoke and run to the objectives. What are they gonna do in close combat. Easy win.

My throwing knives and newly buffed MK IV revolver would like a word with you

On the serious side, as others have posted, if there's going to be class limits, if people can't handle Recon being picked and want less of them on the field, then I want Assault class limits.

I'm sick of everyone and their dog playing Assault, I'm tired of going down to the STG in 4 shots from over 150meters, I love it when I carefully duck into a building to flank a passing squad when the Assault guy see's my ankle as I round the corner so he brings the whole roof down on my head.

I kid of course. I am well aware that this will never happen. Because you can't limit how people play. If some stooge wants to just W+M1 with the STG, bee-lining from flag to flag to flag; hucking rockets at every 2nd floor shadow, then more power to him.

It means that I get to play however I want when it's my turn.
  • M_Rat13
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You are being sniped by Assualt players, just FYI.....
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 28
    To be completey honest... the game should take away the 3x scope from a lot of the weapons and force ppl to use iron sights or the 1x and 1.5x sights...

It's way too "Modernized" in this sense and ppl did not attach 3x scopes to their LMG 34s and KE7s or m1a1 carbines etc. And the Reflex sights are hilarious, but at least their range is limited.

Most soldiers used the good ol iron sights.

I think there is too much mid range encouragement in this game. Assault class with 3x scopes have bugged me from the beginning. Scopes should belong in the RECON class, even if it means moving some of the other class weapons to recon.
  • parkingbrake
    3126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Because the weakest bolt actions in the BF series are somehow overpowered still... Every BF game never fails to have those "Snipers are overpowered" posts no matter how weak they actually are.

Bolt actions are far from overpowered. I mean, unless you're a potato who just stands still all the time for easy headshots.

Assault has a better sniper rifle with the G43.

Everyone I play with gets dropped by a BAR every game or two, and it doesn't matter if you're sprinting, you're going to take a headshot often enough to make you laugh at all the complaints about how weak BARs are in this game. You can hear the not-so-good snipers trying to get you, and missing. But the good ones, they make that shot at an impressive rate. So what we're left with is bad snipers don't do well with BARs, good ones don't care how much you're moving or using cover, they have a good chance of getting you, and probably the guy who tries to revive you as well.

As always, there are players who want to blame their inadequacies on the game, it isn't them, it's the bad weapons. Meanwhile other players are tearing up the opposing team using those same weapons.

Guess which group has credibility on this issue, and which group is just whining?
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Because the weakest bolt actions in the BF series are somehow overpowered still... Every BF game never fails to have those "Snipers are overpowered" posts no matter how weak they actually are.

Bolt actions are far from overpowered. I mean, unless you're a potato who just stands still all the time for easy headshots.

Assault has a better sniper rifle with the G43.

Everyone I play with gets dropped by a BAR every game or two, and it doesn't matter if you're sprinting, you're going to take a headshot often enough to make you laugh at all the complaints about how weak BARs are in this game. You can hear the not-so-good snipers trying to get you, and missing. But the good ones, they make that shot at an impressive rate. So what we're left with is bad snipers don't do well with BARs, good ones don't care how much you're moving or using cover, they have a good chance of getting you, and probably the guy who tries to revive you as well.

As always, there are players who want to blame their inadequacies on the game, it isn't them, it's the bad weapons. Meanwhile other players are tearing up the opposing team using those same weapons.

Guess which group has credibility on this issue, and which group is just whining?

I went 37-10 with 20 headshots and no sidearm kills on Hamada yesterday. I do fairly fine with rifles. But that doesn't negate the fact that they are, objectively and statistically, the weakest rifles in the history of the franchise.

My complaints are not based on my own inadequacies, they're based on blatant statistics and the balancing of rifles in past games in comparison to rifles in this game.

I can do well with rifles in this game, no problem, I've been sniping in BF games for over a decade. But I can objectively do significantly better with every other class even with ranged kills in some cases, and rifles are literally weaker than they ever have been.