Camping is just insane in this game.

bongkilla96
94 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I love the game and im not bashing it, i do decently well most of the time anyways. But its definitely annoying the amount of camping going on and the fact that the meta supports it. Ive seen up to 5-6 enemies prone all over an area just firing at other people. Its ridiculous. Run into a random house and there is some noob in a corner with a shotgun, happened yesterday in the buildings on rotterdam, went back to the spot 5-10 muns after and hes still there in the same corner with his shotgun after i killed 3 of his buddies because they were all just sitting in different corners all over the building. Its because of the poor visibility laying actually makes you have such an advantage. And hate this meta and just how defensive the game is overrall. Like ive said i still manage to do decent even though im mire aggresive but its still absolutely annoys me when 5-10 kids out if the enemy team are just laying down in random spots and crouched in random corners and DICE made it so that its the most viable tactic

Comments

• Elprez11
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I for one camp a lot. Mainly because I am tired of being fish food for other players. I continually get one shot killed when it takes 5-6 of my hits to down someone. I NEVER win a one on one. Whether it be the problem with net-code etc....or I basically suck....who knows but I have fun getting my kills hiding at a perimeter. I can hide out near an active cap point and rack up 3-5 kills pretty easily. After all camping is a strategy......no?
  • CooolBreeze
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Camping is a lifestyle choice.
  • BUUCKSHOT
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So basically you guys are saying you're no help to your squad? The maps are set up for camping / snipers paradise so therefore players do it so they can have their KDR ratios. Camping on some styles is expected but in conquest there is no excuse for it. Help your squad, try and cap flags, supply ammo, be a medic or whatever, help your squad!
    The fragile gaming egos over KDR are ludicrous so stop worrying about dying. My KDR is well below 1 but I could care less. I can't put in 100 hours a week trying to figure it out.
  • StreliziaDeWitt
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Camping is a lifestyle choice.

Or an assignment. :(
  • Elprez11
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    stallzer wrote: »
    So basically you guys are saying you're no help to your squad? The maps are set up for camping / snipers paradise so therefore players do it so they can have their KDR ratios. Camping on some styles is expected but in conquest there is no excuse for it. Help your squad, try and cap flags, supply ammo, be a medic or whatever, help your squad!
    The fragile gaming egos over KDR are ludicrous so stop worrying about dying. My KDR is well below 1 but I could care less. I can't put in 100 hours a week trying to figure it out.

You forgot to add defending. I don’t hate campers unless they’re camping somewhere you can’t get to like the main spawn. But when I see a lot of my team running to the next flag I’ll stay back to defend.
    It’s nice to cap flags but frustrating when we lose them right after. It’s conquest, take and HOLD more points then the enemy.
    If the player chooses to sit in a room in a building and you keep going back and dying then the problem might be you. Move around him and take the back flag. Simple.

This is basically how I play. If my squad is making an effort to stay together I will tag along and take a spot on the outskirts. This gives them a respawn spot and allows me to pick off players to help them.
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    610 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Camping also saps resources from the other team as several players look for you. Capping and defending F as the British team on Aerodrome is a really good way to draw bodies away from C too. If the British team then cap the C flag, D and E are opened up for capping too.

Does that count as camping, or is it good strategy?

That one support guy who lies down in a puddle between flags on Twisted Steel, though (there's always one), can do one.
  • DonCleaveOne
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Assignments for just mmgs and recon approves this and basically wants you to camp to achieve them. I blame assignments, i absolutly hate to prone when recon but assignments forces me to prone/camp
  • Pimp_SWE
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh wrote: »
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    You forgot to add defending. I don’t hate campers unless they’re camping somewhere you can’t get to like the main spawn. But when I see a lot of my team running to the next flag I’ll stay back to defend.
    It’s nice to cap flags but frustrating when we lose them right after. It’s conquest, take and HOLD more points then the enemy.
    If the player chooses to sit in a room in a building and you keep going back and dying then the problem might be you. Move around him and take the back flag. Simple.
    This.

People cap a flag and then move on, even if the flag is still contested by enemy players. I also tend to stay and defend, but unfortunately this can often lead to a quick death, because you end up being the only one defending and the enemy spawns on their team-mates and takes the flag anyway.

But a lot of games are lost because people just run from flag to flag and looses flags as quickly as they cap them.

Holding a majority of flags is what wins games, not capping flags and loosing them immediately.

Totally agree. As much as the OP might not enjoy "camping" I enjoy less being coerced into bloody Zerging around the map taking and losing and taking points as a massed band. That is equally as tedious as "camping"

There are so many threads on the subject of "camping". Here's some facts for you guys:

1. DICE have designed the game to support this behaviour. That is a good thing.

2. DICE do not discourage people from using the system they designed. They encourage it. This is a good thing.

3. None of you complaining are innocent of the "crime" you are complaining about. None.

4. This is all easily countered if you work as a squad, as a team, encourage yourself to slow down a little and be a bit more situationally aware.

Or....

DICE could design a game with 64 players in clown suits with melons for heads in a 40 x 40 metre bright white box room shooting catapults at each other. Sound fun?

Would the clown suits come with different skins?
  • Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No just standard issue for the period in case anyone moans about one being a bit more camo than the others.
  • TapperSweden
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    @Jezzzeh

Would the clowns have those big silly shoes? Because then they could just use the step sound from BF V, it sounds exactly like clownshoes on a hard wooden floor.
    I would actually play a game like that, sounds amazing 😁

• ProllyAFish
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    You should see the camping in Flagstaff. It's gorgeous up there.
  • ParallelNative
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well, it sucks when you have cheaters and mounted machine guns to deal with,
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Like you said, meta supports it. And let's be honest, 50% of the people who play the game are just terrible and lying in a corner an getting the drop on someone is the only way they can get a kill. Or just flank all day.

Eitherway, thats how BF5 is. Alot more camp oriented and yes, with the grey landscape and grey uniforms, I tend to see lots of people lie inside rubbles or dark corners and usually when you spot them it is already too late. The only solution to that is to play a little more patiently and keeping an eye on camping zones, and after a while you start to spot people before they can spot you.

It was a pretty hard transition for me I have to admit, given the main reason why this is happening is because we don't have 3d spotting anymore. In the previous titles I'd literally aim at the icons on top of their heads and get kills without even seeing the enemy. Now that the spotting feature is gone, naturally camping became more meta. Do I hate it ? Yes. But I'm getting better at spotting people without any HUD aid.
  • MoskitoBasti
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Elprez11 wrote: »
    I for one camp a lot. Mainly because I am tired of being fish food for other players. I continually get one shot killed when it takes 5-6 of my hits to down someone. I NEVER win a one on one. Whether it be the problem with net-code etc....or I basically suck....who knows but I have fun getting my kills hiding at a perimeter. I can hide out near an active cap point and rack up 3-5 kills pretty easily. After all camping is a strategy......no?

If you are not good enough to play Battlefield, get better or play another game. Players like you are not helping their teams. This camping ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ruins the game.
  • Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Jezzzeh

Would the clowns have those big silly shoes? Because then they could just use the step sound from BF V, it sounds exactly like clownshoes on a hard wooden floor.
    I would actually play a game like that, sounds amazing 😁

All clowns would wear thigh high multi colored leather high heel boots with 6 inch stiletto heels which go honk-honk when you step. This is just in case anyone might be tempted to move to a campy area of the white box room.