This Week in Battlefield V

Hey look, we are in a firefight!

TOG_Whiskey
127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I should fire 2 smoke grenades exactly on our own troops. Thanks medics, you are the true heroes.

Comments

• GeneralXIV
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Usually, I only smoke dead people so i can revive them. But I fire smoke grenades at my own team sometimes too to break the line of sight that snipers have or sometimes other enemies also. It just depends on the situation :)
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Smoke goes out into the enemy's face. Right in their face. Smoke goes at a down teammate to cover your revive. Smoke goes between you and enemy position to cover your movement. I never smoke my team.
  • TOG_Whiskey
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just to be fair, most medics do a sterling job and I am very happy to be in a squad with them ;)

I was just having a little rant at the reflex reaction of smoking friendlies as soon as a firefight erupts, it seemed to be happening quite a lot recently. This is smoke intended to help us in someway, but the medics just stand still after firing the smoke, that was the entire plan - fire smoke at our feet and wait...
  • fragnstein
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I shoot the smoke towards the enemy so our team can advance to and then through the smoke. The medics just standing there was probably hoping his team would advance and him not be the first one in. When I'm medic, I try to hang behind the advancement as to revive any downed mates
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1834 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    laying down smoke then charging through it is a great tactic
  • V2Face
    2658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I use smoke for movement and revives. If a particular head on a stick teammate is annoying me I smoke their position no shame. 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you as a medic are in a group of friendlies firing at a group of enemies, that friendly fire is the cover you need for the revive. If it is way too hot to revive that player in that position at that moment, sometimes it is ok not too, they WILL spawn back. Or you could smoke the enemy line to give cover.
    When I play medic I almost always smoke downed friendlies to revive them but never in the middle of a firefight when surrounded by my own team.