Weekly BF

Who Hates FRIENDLY Pilots

Comments

• 0Anesthetic4u
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So I guess you would rather having enemy team pilots bombing you to all hell.

Good to know.

I tend to jump in a plane if I notice the enemy team has bombers who are being uncontested. This is where friendly pilots come in handy since you know, they stop those bombers from bombing you.

100% I Would LOVE the enemy team to have 100% control of the skys. I would never lose a match if that were the case, because they would have too many people in planes to do a Damn Thing.
    wc138 wrote: »
    I DESPISE having a Squad Mate flying a plane.

It's like "OH GREAT, A guy who is both useless in a fight, and I can't even spawn on."

Wonderful.

A good pilot gets kills, and contributes NOTHING.

Play with friends. Stop complaining about randoms playing how they want. Problem solved.

Or do you just enjoy inventing reasons to cry about?

I do play with friends.

Unfortunately my friends recently made friends with 2 different guys who almost exclusively play pilot, so it's not like I can kick them.
    And when the ENEMY pilot does the same thing, gets that 80-0 score and is the MVP, then it's time to head back to the forums to cry about invincible, unstoppable planes. Even though he didn't really contribute anything... :joy:

I don't care if the enemy team has a pilot that gets 1000 kills in a match, 1 it doesn't happen, and 2 the kills a pilot gets are MOST often un-important. An Airplane pilot can not freely chose their point of attack like a Helicopter pilot can so even if they focus fire objectives with their planes, there are still MASSIVE gaps between when the are able to attack the objectives meaning that they can get a bunch of kills on an objective, and still lose it.

AND let's not pretend that Pilots devastate this game. 99 out of 100 pilots have a really good game when they go 16 and 8. They spend the whole time in a plane to get 1/3rd the kills I get in a good match. Pilots rarely get 30, I rarely get fewer then 30. And I cap Objective after objective, after objective.

Pilots are WORTHLESS.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 29

100% I Would LOVE the enemy team to have 100% control of the skys. I would never lose a match if that were the case, because they would have too many people in planes to do a Damn Thing.

This has got to be one of the most ....trying to be polite.... "uninformed" things I have ever read on this forum. Because there are two or three people flying, a team can't "do a damn thing"? So 29 enemies of the ground plus a bomber/fighter that constantly kills your team somehow makes winning easier for you? You're delusional.

I don't care if the enemy team has a pilot that gets 1000 kills in a match, 1 it doesn't happen, and 2 the kills a pilot gets are MOST often un-important. An Airplane pilot can not freely chose their point of attack like a Helicopter pilot can so even if they focus fire objectives with their planes, there are still MASSIVE gaps between when the are able to attack the objectives meaning that they can get a bunch of kills on an objective, and still lose it.

AND let's not pretend that Pilots devastate this game. 99 out of 100 pilots have a really good game when they go 16 and 8. They spend the whole time in a plane to get 1/3rd the kills I get in a good match. Pilots rarely get 30, I rarely get fewer then 30. And I cap Objective after objective, after objective.

Pilots are WORTHLESS.

You do realize that kills equals tickets and that reducing the enemies tickets is what wins most games and game modes? So the kills a pilot gets aren't even "unimportant" if they happen far away from objectives. If they happen on objectives, they can have a huge impact on the game.
    Many infantry players end up with stats like 16:8 too you know. And there are plenty of pilots who do much better. I had a round yesterday on conquest, where a friendly pilot and me had a good 100 kills between us and half the enemy team was complaining because we were constantly keeping them from taking the flags. But yeah, we must have been "worthless".
    You are living in quite a special little world there my delusional friend....
  • 0Anesthetic4u
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 29
    TheSacar wrote: »
    You do realize that kills equals tickets and that reducing the enemies tickets is what wins most games and game modes? So the kills a pilot gets aren't even "unimportant" if they happen far away from objectives. If they happen on objectives, they can have a huge impact on the game.
    Many infantry players end up with stats like 16:8 too you know. And there are plenty of pilots who do much better. I had a round yesterday on conquest, where a friendly pilot and me had a good 100 kills between us and half the enemy team was complaining because we were constantly keeping them from taking the flags. But yeah, we must have been "worthless".
    You are living in quite a special little world there my delusional friend....

Kills do NOT matter. Holding Objectives matter, if the enemy has the Majority of the Objectives the entire match, you can get as many kills as you like and it won't sway the game.

The only time kills can matter is if both teams are capturing a damn near equal number of Objectives, then the game can sway based on kills, but your team would be better off in that Scenario with the pilots on the ground capturing objectives

Objectives are Paramount, Kills are not.

I've seen teams come back from an 8 and 60 deficit just because they got the majority of Objectives, they often win with 1 ticket left, and yes a kill would have swung that game, but the ULTIMATE game changer was the flags.

Flags always Supersede kills. Always.

I also notice you didn't try to argue the point of 99% of Pilots spend the whole match to kill fewer then 20 enemies.

And I will add on that using Liberal estimates I die to a Plane while on the ground once every 15 matches, and that's averaging with the matches where it's a really good pilot who kills me like 3 times in one match.
  • bigiain
    287 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 29
    They do seem to be in a weird place at the moment. It doesn't matter too much because you can just switch squad, but I'm seeing lots of players resort to flying when the game looks like an obvious loss, a bit like the guys who head to the hills with a sniper rifle. They then just seem to fly around, they don't get kills, but no one kills them either.

I'm assuming this is a sign that the planes are pretty useless, because it felt like the guys who could get kills with them hogged them in BF1.
  • TOG_Whiskey
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Alert pilots who attack spotted enemies are a snipers best friend, the spotting scope works brilliantly for these types.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1784 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Eh, im sure theres plenty of things I would hate about the way YOU play so....
  • 0Anesthetic4u

And I'm sure I would never die to you, and would ignore the fact that you existed as long as you were in an Airplane.

And Nah. Whats to hate about a Guy who always has at least a solid KD with roughly 30 kills or more, who tops out the scoreboard from how much they capture objectives, and plays their class as it's meant to be. EG Healing as a Medic, Resupplying as a Support, AT not Anti Infantry as an Assault, and Spots Galore as a Recon.
  • V2Face
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You know OP you can always play infantry only modes if planes get under your skin so much. I guess clearing flags and the air is not helpful.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

And I'm sure I would never die to you, and would ignore the fact that you existed as long as you were in an Airplane.

And Nah. Whats to hate about a Guy who always has at least a solid KD with roughly 30 kills or more, who tops out the scoreboard from how much they capture objectives, and plays their class as it's meant to be. EG Healing as a Medic, Resupplying as a Support, AT not Anti Infantry as an Assault, and Spots Galore as a Recon.

"Flags always Supersede kills. Always"
    Immediately begins flexing about his k/d
  • ragnarok013
    3322 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

It's like "OH GREAT, A guy who is both useless in a fight, and I can't even spawn on."

Wonderful.

This is one reason that I think we need larger squads. If you have one squadmate flying, one sniper laying on a hill, and then you try to spawn on the last useful squadmate he is inevitably "under fire" with spawning prohibited because a bird flew in his general direction so you have to spawn on a flag by yourself and try to catch up to the lone squadmate. The current 4 man squads aren't conducive to coherent teamplay whereas with larger squads having a recon or pilot won't make you combat ineffective from the get go.
  • XxmOss72xX
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pilots are WORTHLESS.

In the immortal words of "The Dude": "Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man."

• EdwinSpangler
    1784 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Just your general attitude here. You need to come back to reality my friend. I say that in the kindest way possible.

• GeneralXIV
    258 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I actually dont really like having squadmates in any vehicle. I find tank and plane squadmates are the least useful, but maybe thats just me :) I would rather have one extra spawn place and one extra person close by than I would a plane just flying around or a tank at the other side of the map where spawning on to it places me on the top gunner position which is just instant death really :P
  • 0Anesthetic4u
    fakemon64 wrote: »

"Flags always Supersede kills. Always"
    Immediately begins flexing about his k/d

I'm not saying that my kills have anything to do with winning, I'm saying, I'm have solid kills. There is nothing to dislike about how I play because there is not 1 thing I do badly except fly because I refuse to do that.
  • bigdaddygonutz
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OP............ you must have misunderstood something?

Friendly Bombers kill enemies on flags and help YOU take the flag - and they also kill tanks also helping YOU.

Friendly Fighters take down enemy bombers and help YOU not getting killed by bombs.

Also, they can spot enemy troops and tanks by spotting or by spotting camera.

• Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Friendly Bombers kill enemies on flags and help YOU take the flag - and they also kill tanks also helping YOU.

Friendly Fighters take down enemy bombers and help YOU not getting killed by bombs.

Probably the same kind of person who gets upset at bombers that keep killing him and calling them unstoppable.
  • 0Anesthetic4u
    edited January 30

Probably the same kind of person who gets upset at bombers that keep killing him and calling them unstoppable.

Have you paid NO attention to the content of this thread?

I have NO fear of Airplanes. None. Like I said once before, I die to airplanes an average of once every fifteen maps. If I got bent out of shape over that I'd kill my self because life would be too hard to deal with.

The only time I was EVER made angry by getting bombed, I was at 9 of 10 hipfire kills in objectives in one life, and I got Vaporized by a bomb, but at that point anyone killing me would have pissed in my punch.

And No bombers don't kill people on the flag. 9 out of 10 bombing runs the kill NO one, once every 10 matches of Fjell(the only viable bomber map) you will see a bomber get a big bomb at 4 to 5 kills on a flag, and that's the most any of them ever contribute. But the team with fewer pilots still always wins.
  • snavelaer
    1037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play only conquest so in other more liniair modes the planes may be a more valuable asset. Although there are alot of competent pilots out there the majority of players aren't competent pilots.
    The ones that go indeed 70 - 0 are only a handfull of pilots and they will contribute towards a win in conquest and any other more liniair gamemode.

However most pilots are already struggling alot to get that airdominance the first place let alone killing infantry. If they manage to get a kill or kills on the ground the infantry gets revived by teammates. In more liniair gamemodes where your team has to push up to a single point the planes are more usefull a reckon but on conquest this is the reality.

There is a bigger underlying problem with planes. As soon as you or your team have airdominance the only thing a pilot can do is aim his arrows (bombs, guns etc) to infantry and tanks on the ground.

Where it boils down to is....
    as infantry you can contribute more towards a win by killing and capping flags in conquest.
    As a pilot you can't cap a point and hardly can defend a point. You can only get airdominance and kill other planes who aren't contributing much to there win in conquest either.
    Your average player is

My suggestion is...
    The maps where there are planes there should be a flag above the othere flags that can only be capped by planes.
    This means for example for Arras that you have flag A, B, C, D, E and F just like normal but an extra flag that stands for airdominance.
    Not the same as Sinai Desert G flag on Battlefield 1 because that could still be capped by infantry.
    As a pilot you have the possiblility of contributing more towards a win by capping that flag in the air.

Things to consider...
    - Destroying vehicles contribute towards a win. For destroying a tank an extra ticketloss. For destroying a plane a ticket gets withdrawn.
    Not only the enemy loses a ticket for the kill you get also a ticketwithdrawal for destroying a vehicle.
    Bailing out guarantees atleast one ticket lost because you destroy the plane or the planes crashed
    So crashing your plane also cost your side a ticket.

• Noodlesocks
    3034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If he's doing well in the plane I'll usually just kick him to create space for someone who wants to stick together.
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Wonderful.

Online gaming, and you dislike what another player does? You sound like a Playstation user.