Snipers ARE overpowered

Comments

• LinearSky23
    18 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    you guys wanna limit the amount of snipers? how about they limit your precious favourite classes? would you like exiting almost every single server because it wouldn't allow you to play what you like? what kind of logic is this?
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    The BAs are rather underpowered because of unsufficient player skill. When you have a weapon that desperately needs headshots to perform you will really separate players via skill. It is still a very popular weapon class. However if you do meet someone with sufficient skill, recons can basically break the game. Stodeh for example is a death sentence for every round and that is by design. Now it is rather unfair, but yeah I think the game would be better off without players of that aiming proficiency, and metabans (which I absolutely hate) would have made sure that they could have only played on Official servers.
    As far as the recon in general, I think they are awfully annoying not because they have good weapons or I can't kill them, but because of poor map design and being hit basically randomly from everywhere and making me potentially lose my next firefight, which is just around the corner. I do think the game would be more enjoyable, without recons or more precisely, the bolt-action rifles. This is unthinkable of course, but one can dream.
    Stodeh is still better when using weapons that are not BAs or SMGs.
    A Stodeh level player can just use a monster like the g43 to kill multiple enemies in the time the same player would take to kill 1 enemy due to the difference in the rate of fire. The G43 is a 2 hit kill weapon for "level 100 colonels" that can consistently headshot like him.

Yep, I'd rather be killed by him with any semi-auto though, than with a BA through a wall or whatever crazy thing he does. I have met a couple of these over the last few days, and they are the most frustrating people to play against, there just isn't a counter, really. Truthfully the semi-autos are better weapons by far, but at least you can see the guy and feel the hits. Nothing infuriates me more than running around these really bad maps just to here these shots flinging past me or hitting me from the hill 200m away. I am biased though, I honestly think that the game would improve without BAs and without planes.
  • DropInDropOut
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If the whole opposing team is sniping, equip the Selb or the G43 and wipe them off the map, or snipe back, or play medic and pop smoke all around them. If an entire team is sniping that team is actually at a huge disadvantage against a team of competent players playing any other class.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If the whole opposing team is sniping, equip the Selb or the G43 and wipe them off the map, or snipe back, or play medic and pop smoke all around them. If an entire team is sniping that team is actually at a huge disadvantage against a team of competent players playing any other class.

Yeah, but the people that will suffer from this the most, are the teammates of the snipers that will be farmed over and over again. The sniper sitting in the homebase is not impacted by what is going on 200m+ away.
  • DonCleaveOne
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love when the other team is entirely snipers. Take medic, pop smoke and run to the objectives. What are they gonna do in close combat. Easy win.

Ohk mark revolver says hi!
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    #hardtoswallowtruth

The HS hitbox is way bigger than in previous BF, this is why the sniper is OP.
  • joshua_andrewxp
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand this because I rarely get killed by a sniper. Lol u pop a smoke & they can't do anything to u. Now how fast & easy it is to run out of grenades. 2 smokes for one life & I rarely die. That sucks
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Limiting the number of recons per team would be smart but that class does not need a nerf

Limited the assault class! Or Lmg Campers!

What about that?
  • joshua_andrewxp
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Far as mvps, I got it a handful of times being support or medic. Not hard to get points, u just have to know how to use the class.
  • DingoKillr
    4012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    #hardtoswallowtruth

That not true BF3 was the biggest. BF4 is only slightly bigger then BFV.

• ZombieGent
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Have you tried sniping, unless you get a head shot its a two shot kill, unless wounded, and head shots are not that easy to get you have to be spot on, also if the whole other team is sniping they are not playing the objective, and you can over power their assaults etc to take the match.
  • joachimeberhard
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Because the weakest bolt actions in the BF series are somehow overpowered still... Every BF game never fails to have those "Snipers are overpowered" posts no matter how weak they actually are.

Bolt actions are far from overpowered. I mean, unless you're a potato who just stands still all the time for easy headshots.

Assault has a better sniper rifle with the G43.

This.
    Unfortunately, the Assault is the best Sniper.

If anything, Assault needs a nerf.
  • PanamaLado
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really don't get the point about snipers beeing OP in BF5. Apart from the fact that getting hit by a sniper rifle makes people angry, there's no OP in snipers at all. In fact i find the reccon very hard to play and you must be quite good in flanking and changing position to have a good run with a sniper rifle. Also the bolt-actions are somehow unplayable as beeing massivly slow in reload and having a damn slow velocity. All previous BFs used to be far more easier for recon in my view. So people stop blaming the reccon class and think about how to counter or avoid them. And we will also not blame the bunch of rushers who keep running in the wide open like a herd of sheep without taking any cover. And we surely won't blame the clever flankers, that manage to kill the sniper! This is all part of a combined arms game!
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They're definitely not OP. Especially for some of the slower-firing ones, like the Krag and Kar98, headshots are almost entirely necessary to get kills at range, because by the time you've pulled the bolt the enemy is behind cover and healed up.
    Ok, so some people do tend to sit back and snipe, which whilst it does help the team to an extent it tends to be mainly for the benefit of themselves, padding KD and getting XP, who in is fair enough as it is the most effective way to get score given that the game rewards defensive plays more.
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PanamaLado wrote: »
    I really don't get the point about snipers beeing OP in BF5. Apart from the fact that getting hit by a sniper rifle makes people angry, there's no OP in snipers at all.

Exactly this. It's far more aggravating to get one tapped by some guy 150m away than it is to lose out to someone in a 30m gunfight. Dying to something you can't do anything about (planes, tanks, snipers) feels terrible, and so naturally it feels overpowered, even if it probably isn't.

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    #hardtoswallowtruth

No, the HS hitbox is only larger compared to BF1, the game with the smallest head hitbox in any of the recent titles. The game which also had the sweet-spot mechanic meaning you actually needed less precision to achieve that OHK. Compared to BF4 and BF3 it is actually still slightly smaller. I wish people would stop blindly regurgitating what they hear from other people because it fits their presuppositions.

https://reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/9yc6uh/lets_talk_about_headshots_in_bfv/

This is confirmed here by two Devs. It took me maybe 30 seconds to find it. Let's try a little more fact checking and a little less lemming-training, shall we?

I’d upvote you 100 times but I can only do it once 👍
  • mf_shro0m
    2291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Recon is the worst class imo.

We all agree with you. OP’s deluded and hasn’t realised that if there are 16 recons on the other team you’re bound to get sniped a couple times
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Snipers are fine, map design is crap though, not enough cover to cover abilities on a lot of maps to evade incoming fire.
  • BeastlyVerse
    25 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Snipers are absolutely not overpowered. They would be completely useless if they were nerfed