1.08 Bug.. frame rate ? PlayStation 4 pro

HAIRYMAN-13
348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited January 2019
EDIT-Guys and Gals if this is affecting you plz give this a thumbs up and leave a description of how it happened 😀

Hello all,
I updated to the latest patch last night on my ps4 pro but in 5 games this has happened twice now and random moments and I thought I should post so everyone can see it plus maybe so a mod can pass it on... is it frame rate, server.. related ?

1.08 Bug

Ps... unrelated but what did dice do to the tracers since 1.08: struggling to see them now,
smaller, lighter... somethings def different

1.04 Bugs - re adding as the ghosting bug still exists

Post edited by HAIRYMAN-13 on

Comments

• ProAssassin2003
    3788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wow. That's terrible. I didn't run into that in 2 hours I played. Probably will tonight will have longer to play.
  • Catsonspeeed
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There were no warning signs for packet loss, or server performance. Wow. That looked really bad. The game has been running OK for me, but I'm on regular PS4.
  • HAIRYMAN-13
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wow. That's terrible. I didn't run into that in 2 hours I played. Probably will tonight will have longer to play.

Iv never seen anything like on any bf game on console... I could it be server related ? Hmmm
  • ProAssassin2003
    3788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Iv never seen anything like on any bf game on console... I could it be server related ? Hmmm

I don't think it's Internet or Server related. When that happens everything except the game comes to a Freeze.

This looked to be the entire game in like 1Fps. That's a DICE issue.
  • Catsonspeeed
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully that's not a hardware issue. When my PS3 started acting up, I spawned with no weapons, had all sorts of freezes etc. First I blamed the game, but it turned out that it was at my end. Everything was pretty much back to normal once I cleaned the lens from the blu-ray drive.
  • HAIRYMAN-13

I don't think it's Internet or Server related. When that happens everything except the game comes to a Freeze.

Yup... at first I thought it was my pro but I could jump out into the ps menu without issue,
    it would take a second to jump out then back in but there was no freezing on the menus end
  • Catsonspeeed

Yup... at first I thought it was my pro but I could jump out into the ps menu without issue,
    it would take a second to jump out then back in but there was no freezing on the menus end

It seems that you are not alone with this issue.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/al9w57/2_fps_on_ps4_issue/
  • grrlpurple
    843 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Happened to me on standard PS4 too.
  • HAIRYMAN-13
    edited January 2019
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    Happened to me on standard PS4 too.

At least we know we’re not alone... I’d like to say dice will get on to this asap but I’m not holding my breath I had the hud bug, stays on screen for like 3 patches and the ghosting one still hasn’t been there fixed.. since launch 😡
  • Robothamster
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also happened to me on PS4 pro lastnight - once in the menus when I was changing guns and twice while in a Breakthrough round on Hamada - framerate dropped to about 1fps for a good 30 seconds or so each time.
  • NLBartmaN
    4334 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Had this happening once too, quited the game and restarted my PS4 Slim.
  • Rok73
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My game lagged out really hard on Panzerstorm yesterday. Not the connection but the game itself running at what feels like 5 fps for 30 seconds twice or three times. Even pausing the game was laggy. Definitely something that never happened to me before and it only happened after yesterday's update.
  • Triplexbee1943
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Has happened to me in two of two sessions. Only once per session but it is definitely something patch induced.

PS4 paupers edition.
  • beat_strandh
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    something similar happened to me and my party yesterday. I play on PS4 pro... it wasnt as bad as in this video but still very bad. It has never happened before the latest patch...
  • grrlpurple
    on standard PS4.
  • Robothamster
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    on standard PS4.

/\ That is exactly the frame rate I was getting.
  • kjgregoire
    116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This happened to me 3 times last night while on Panzerstorm. Once as infantry and twice while using the Wirbelwind. My framerate was like a half a frame per second. Never saw it til yesterday.
  • grrlpurple
    Just had it again tonight, different circumstances but same FPS drop. Reverts itself after half a minute or so.
  • asadqureshy
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This has been happening to those who installed the patch, but never reset their console.

try and full reset. I read on other forums it fixed the problem
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Unbelievable. That ghosting bug is so bad when I'm using the STG on certain bright maps like Hamada, it looks like I have TWO iron sights and I miss my shot in fast paced situations. WTF