AA is OP again. Dmg vs light aircraft is way too high.

Comments

  • B4ckdoorAssassin
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm glad they're op right now, because I spent the last week getting blasted from planes that couldn't be taken down on certain maps. I can't help but to laugh at the people who were saying "get gud noobs" now whine because they can't 40 - 0 in a match anymore.
  • SirBobdk
    5315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @BiscoMix07 worte
    I'm glad they're op right now, because I spent the last week getting blasted from planes that couldn't be taken down on certain maps.
    Quit understandable, never fun to get farmed by any vehicle, tank or plane.
    But solving one imbalance by creating a new one should not be the solution to a problem. Better to get it right in the first place.
    But like I mentioned, I dont think thing this patch is going to solve anything other than making sure no fighters are present in air.
    Infantry are going to get farmed just as much and maybe even more, just by bombers. And then what. Another patch that buff AA/MAA against bombers until air is complete destroyed.
  • okiie_918
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    2 good pilots working together still dominates! Top end might of dropped a lil cause have to repair more and had to change how we do thangs like not going near the MAA unless to distract for friendly plane to kill it. Or if you the bomber you to kill it. Makes solo flying obsolete in most cases but team flying is way more fun now!
  • dayglowfroggy
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The ground aa guns have just been map decoration for weeks absolutely no point in using one at all. I have often had to tell team mates not to bother it doesn't do anything.
    So my main concern is can you take out bombers with the new aa?
    Ground aa should be powerful I have read lots of books about pilots in ww2 and one hit was often enough to bring them down.
    pilot's just need to adapt .
    I thought the aa was ok to start with before it got nerfed.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The ground aa guns have just been map decoration for weeks absolutely no point in using one at all. I have often had to tell team mates not to bother it doesn't do anything.
    So my main concern is can you take out bombers with the new aa?
    Ground aa should be powerful I have read lots of books about pilots in ww2 and one hit was often enough to bring them down.
    pilot's just need to adapt .
    I thought the aa was ok to start with before it got nerfed.

    Ok, lets assume one hit was enough to bring down a plane (I have no idea if that was actually the case, but it does seem sensible). I assume that it was very hard to actually score that one hit. Otherwise, why would they have bothered with planes at all?
    Now transfer that to BF5, where not scoring one hit with the AA on a plane (after the patch) is almost impossible. You'd have to purposely aim away from the plane not to at least hit it a little. And that is the main issue. I wouldn't even mind a lot if AA could one shot you, if that were a hard to achieve feat. Panzerfaust can one shot you and when I do get killed by someone who hit my fighter with a panzerfaust, I feel compelled to congratulate that person on a good shot. The same goes for tank main guns.
    But when it is as freaking easy to hit and kill a fighter, as it now is with the mobile AA, that is absurd. Now any potato can kill a fighter in under two seconds just by shooting in the general direction of the fighter....
    .
    And yes, AA was in a pretty good place before the (accidental?) nerf. The only thing that was off a bit was the range and the base camping.
  • SirBobdk
    5315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @dayglowfroggy wrote
    So my main concern is can you take out bombers with the new aa?
    yes you can with the AA but its not like shooting bots. For that you want the MAA.

    Ground AA/MAA should keep planes away from the area they protect and prevent infantry farming but never so power full that they dominate the airspace and melt air planes. That's a job for the fighters.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Stay away from the ground. Problem solved. AA range is pretty short, can't do much damage unless you are trying to strafe guys next to me or are running on the deck.

    Translation: Fly around in the red zone where the AA tank can't get you. You won't do anything, but you'll also survive while doing nothing.
    The range of the mobile AA is huge. It shoots almost to the flight ceiling and in a fighter it kills you in under two seconds.
    Its good plane air camper scrubs die now.

    The misnomer "air campers" is so ridiculous, considering that planes are the one thing in Battlefield that is incapable of staying in the same place even for a fraction of a second.

    All it's really any good at is killing fighters. You shouldn't be spawning fighters anyway as they aren't very useful for anything except killing other fighters and occasionally the enemy bomber once every couple of minutes then circling until it respawns (maybe get a trash kill or two in the downtime)

    Stuka and Mosquito are good enough to remove other planes and can also affect the ground (MAA included). Use them.

    So your argument is that it is fine, because while it effectively removes four planes from the game, other planes can survive? That's like saying "you shouldn't spawn as a medic anyway, as medic guns are weak and other classes can revive too anyway..." If anything in the game has the effect of effectively rendering something else in the game useless, then there is an obvious issue.
    And how were fighters useless? I killed enemy planes and then moved on to kill ground targets. Just because you cant kill infantry with a fighter doesn't mean others cant.

    You're exaggerating. The current MAA doesn't nearly "remove" fighters as much as invulnerable fighters removed attackers and bombers pre patch. Now all three can be killed effectively by one of the other. Balance

    Also I'd compare fighters more to snipers as far as a useless plane type. Unless you're in the .0001% who can actually get a decent KPM with them (as in greater than you can as infantry), don't bother. Almost every fighter main I see goes something like 10-0 over the course of a 30 min round even while being completely invulnerable (no telling how useless they'll be now that they have to actually track the position of a single enemy player and avoid them or god forbid spawn a bomber and obliterate the thing)

    More often then not when I try to spawn another plane type and am immediately chased from spawn by 3 spawncamping spitfire sweaties, I'll just respawn a tank, never think about them again and their team loses horribly just like one with tons of snipers. Or I'm on the team with them and we're the one that loses because even a revolving door of bombers that drop one payload is better than not having air support at all because of useless plane snipers.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's becoming very clear to me that this team just doesn't understand the nature of micro balance.
  • SirBobdk
    5315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @XEN_wunderwaffle wrote
    Now all three can be killed effectively by one of the other. Balance
    I disagree.
    Try flying a fighter with the German flak panzer on ground. Like Arras or Twisted Steel.
    You get instant melted if you try to follow a bomber even if your not close to the MAA.
    Result is that Germans bombers can now fly without any serious counter. So say welcome to the return of the JU88.
    That's not balance.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @XEN_wunderwaffle wrote
    Now all three can be killed effectively by one of the other. Balance
    I disagree.
    Try flying a fighter with the German flak panzer on ground. Like Arras or Twisted Steel.
    You get instant melted if you try to follow a bomber even if your not close to the MAA.
    Result is that Germans bombers can now fly without any serious counter. So say welcome to the return of the JU88.
    That's not balance.
    Literally just fly high

    I tried a fighter yesterday and it was as boring as I remember but it wasn't hard to stay alive & shoot other planes.

    Fly high, attack from above. I'm sure you fighter types already know this you're just crying that something other than another fighter (really, just another spitfire because the bf's were inferior) can actually kill you now. You're like snipers crying about the 3x scope
  • SirBobdk
    5315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @XEN_wunderwaffle wrote
    Now all three can be killed effectively by one of the other. Balance
    I disagree.
    Try flying a fighter with the German flak panzer on ground. Like Arras or Twisted Steel.
    You get instant melted if you try to follow a bomber even if your not close to the MAA.
    Result is that Germans bombers can now fly without any serious counter. So say welcome to the return of the JU88.
    That's not balance.
    Literally just fly high

    I tried a fighter yesterday and it was as boring as I remember but it wasn't hard to stay alive & shoot other planes.

    Fly high, attack from above. I'm sure you fighter types already know this you're just crying that something other than another fighter (really, just another spitfire because the bf's were inferior) can actually kill you now. You're like snipers crying about the 3x scope
    I don't think you see the problem. We are not going to use the fighter any more, just like we left it for attack planes and bombers in BF1. We are going to use bombers and so are the Germans with out any spitfires in the air. No spitfires, not point in using the Me109.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @XEN_wunderwaffle wrote
    Now all three can be killed effectively by one of the other. Balance
    I disagree.
    Try flying a fighter with the German flak panzer on ground. Like Arras or Twisted Steel.
    You get instant melted if you try to follow a bomber even if your not close to the MAA.
    Result is that Germans bombers can now fly without any serious counter. So say welcome to the return of the JU88.
    That's not balance.
    Literally just fly high

    I tried a fighter yesterday and it was as boring as I remember but it wasn't hard to stay alive & shoot other planes.

    Fly high, attack from above. I'm sure you fighter types already know this you're just crying that something other than another fighter (really, just another spitfire because the bf's were inferior) can actually kill you now. You're like snipers crying about the 3x scope

    So to sum up your two posts: Fighters are useless, because most people cannot get more kills in them than if they'd play assault on the ground AND fighters should now fly high and just focus on other planes? If all fighters were doing is shoot down enemy aircraft they certainly wouldn't be useless but they would also not get more kills than on the ground.
    The simple fact is that one German Flakpanzer can now deny basically the entire airspace over the playable area for infantry to all enemy fighters on maps like Arras and Narvik and somewhere between the entire airspace to at least half of it on maps like Hamada, Panzerstorm and Twisted Steel. Because with the incredible TTK the Flakpanzer has on fighters, attacking a plane or a ground target within reach of the Flakpanzer is essentially a kamikaze attack.
    Oh and before you counter with the inevitable "git gud" - I am one of those pilots who could get 50+ kills in fighters before and I am currently ranked 47 on PC for air score....
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    They can't. It seems there is only an on / off button. Useless or OP.
    DICE patching since BFBC2, where they had the brilliant idea of packaging files into 1-2 GB pieces. Even tiny fixes forced them to exchange whole packages, making every patch about 1 GB big. And now we have the console validation, so no fast hotfixes for non-gamebreaking issues :D

  • Catsonspeeed
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So I just tested it. 15 kill streak, I only shot at planes. 6 with stationary AA and 9 with Flakpanzer. The latter is just mind blowing. I don't have any upgrades in it, but it still obliterates everything. Wonder how well I would've done if I was an MAA "Pro" lol.
  • Kinjishi99
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AA is 100% balanced :
  • okiie_918
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Kinjishi99 wrote: »
    AA is 100% balanced :

    Stand no chance lol... And it's stronger than tanks against infantry! Why even use a tank anymore? That is just insane and took no skill!
  • AdvancedMuppetry
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RoDM44n wrote: »
    Alrici0 wrote: »
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    BS. you die in a split second by the MAA, Thats not balance. Thats only a vehicle for low skill noobs that have airfobia and should play cod.
    BS. you die in a split second by the planes, Thats not balance. Thats only a vehicle for low skill noobs that have groundphobia and should play War Thunder.

    Git gud as infantry and use panzerfaust

    I used a PF against a plane and did only 60 damage. Looks like they nerfed that too. It was against a spitfire too. I'm not that good that I can snapshot planes with PF consistently, but when I catch one, they died. Now apparently too many ppl complained and DICE nerfed the PF against planes again.
  • Kinjishi99
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Flak are 100% legit against fighter you know
  • AdvancedMuppetry
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mobile AA apparently is the uber tank vehicle to use now against everything. Had 3 of them camping D point on Twisted Steel last night and PF are ineffective against them. Tanks are ineffective against them because of screen shake, planes are ineffective against them because they die in less than 2 seconds, and infantry are ineffective against them. I hit one with 3 PF, 2 dynamite, and still had 40 health. It proceeded to shake my screen to death. BS I say. I usually never play assault because it's too easy, but I've been trying to golden all the guns. I guess I should have loaded out with bundle nades as well, so I have to use seventeen explosives per tank or have entire squad team up to take them out. Ridiculous.
  • Kinjishi99
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mobile AA apparently is the uber tank vehicle to use now against everything. Had 3 of them camping D point on Twisted Steel last night and PF are ineffective against them. Tanks are ineffective against them because of screen shake, planes are ineffective against them because they die in less than 2 seconds, and infantry are ineffective against them. I hit one with 3 PF, 2 dynamite, and still had 40 health. It proceeded to shake my screen to death. BS I say. I usually never play assault because it's too easy, but I've been trying to golden all the guns. I guess I should have loaded out with bundle nades as well, so I have to use seventeen explosives per tank or have entire squad team up to take them out. Ridiculous.

    Flak are also OP against everything
Sign In or Register to comment.